Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #31
Damed

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode either. So they are at 2/3 for good episodes so far. Next week's does look to be back on track with the first 2, though.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:23 AM   #32
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

I actually didn't mind last night's ep. I enjoyed it more than last week's ep (you know, except for `Fred being in it), though I found my enjoyment to be based more on the humour in the ep than the "scariness" of it. I kind of like how they don't have the excact same tone for every episode. Next week they need something "scary" again though.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #33
chrishicks
classic is back!!!

so what did you guys think of the "Bloody Mary" ep.? I fell a bit behind so I watched that one and "Skin" last night. this show is definately my favorite new show this season. oh yeah, WB picked it up for a full season too.

so I tell my wife I want to see some hooters, so she grabs the remote and turns on Animal Planet

Wii Friend Code: 1249 6431 9623 9624 / XBL Gamertag: chrishicks / PS3 Gamertag: chrishicks

CAUTION: Objects in padded bras are smaller than they appear
chrishicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #34
Damed

I've missed that last 2 episdoes. I am going to have to try and find a way to catch up.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:42 PM   #35
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishicks
so what did you guys think of the "Bloody Mary" ep.? I fell a bit behind so I watched that one and "Skin" last night. this show is definately my favorite new show this season. oh yeah, WB picked it up for a full season too.
Yeah it was a cool ep for sure! I make sure to catch this show every week and actually look forward to it. Great to here that it's been picked up for the season. Nice to see that WB aren't jerks like another channel that I'm not going to mention!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:32 AM   #36
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I think all the episodes have been really good, and out of all the new series on TV this season, Supernatural and Invasion are pretty much the only new shows I watch. Thank you, WB for giving Supernatural a full 22 episode season.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:41 AM   #37
onebyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskull
Great to here that it's been picked up for the season. Nice to see that WB aren't jerks like another channel that I'm not going to mention!
indeed.

I hadn't heard that this got picked up for a full season. That's good news. I have enjoyed all the episodes thus far and this is for sure my favorite show of the new season.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #38
Damed

Liked the "supernatural" twist to an old urban legend in last night's episode. I was surprised in the amount of blood and gore they showed on prime time TV.

I've managed to track down all the episodes I have missed, so I think I'm going to have a marathon tonight to catch up.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #39
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damed
Liked the "supernatural" twist to an old urban legend in last night's episode. I was surprised in the amount of blood and gore they showed on prime time TV.
I've actually been surprised a few times on what they've been able to show in Supernatural. I guess that little viewer discretion advised disclaimer at the beginning let's them get away with more.

I watched the start of last night's ep and I thought it looked really good but I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, so i taped it. I'll definitely have to watch it tonight though.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #40
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

I thought this week's episode with the ancient curse and all the bug killings was pretty lousy. The ending especially was retarded.

Spoiler:
I mean, what the hell time did the bugs show up at the house? 5-6 A.M.??? It sure got light pretty quickly. Maybe I just missed something that explained that the insects wouldn't attack until just before dawn...Anyway it's funny how with all those "killer bees" buzzing around them, no one seems to have any stings showing on their faces afterwards, and holding off a swarm with a single can of bug spray and a lighter? Gotta love the faces he was making while doing the spraying though. That was worth watching the episode right there

Overall a pretty boring/not well thought out episode. Hope it's better this week.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #41
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Can't agree with you more Maskull!! Loved the episode until that ending!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #42
Peter Vincent

This week's should be better. they "go home". Anyone know how well its doing in the ratings?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:53 AM   #43
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Must be doing ok if they ordered a full season of eps. Of course I think it helps that the show's on WB because they don't have as high of expectations for their shows and seem to be willing to give a show a chance.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #44
horror addict
Stalker

I have been watching and loving Supernatural from the beginning. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have great chemistry, and I like how alot of the stories are new twists on old legends. Unlike alot of other genre shows, I'd say at least half of my enjoyment is the humor. I loved when after figuring something out, Dean said to Sam "Good work, Dr. Venkman", or when the realtor in the bug ep thought they were a gay couple, and Dean slapped Sam on the ass and called him honey, the look on Sam's face was priceless. Not to mention the kickass rock soundtrack, I am so tired of hip hop. I mean I like some of it like Eminem, 50 Cent, Outkast, the Black Eyed Peas etcetera, but damnit as Dave Chappelle theorized, I'm a white guy and I need my daily dose of motherfuckin electric guitars. Come on Anagodadavida, AND Hey Man, Nice Shot in the same episode = awesome. I have never been a fan of the frog network, but this show has almost single handedly made me become one. Kudos to the WB for not taking the fox quick cancellation route, and actually giving a new show a chance to shine and build up an audience. Here's to it coming back next season. Fucking Fox I loved Freakylinks: cancelled after 1 season, I really liked the anthology show Night Visions: cancelled after 1 season, I was just starting to get into Point Pleasant: well you get the idea. Only CBS when they cancelled American Gothic, and Joan Of Arcadia come close to pissing me off as much as Fox has in recent years.

Last edited by horror addict; 11-15-2005 at 07:15 AM.
horror addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #45
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror addict
and Joan Of Arcadia come close to pissing me off as much as Fox has in recent years.
To be fair, JOA was given a good chance. The first season was excellent, in spite of Mary Steenburgen (sp?), but the second really lost momentum for me. That whole trial thing bored me, and more emphasis on the mom and her quest for religion bogged the whole thing down. Heck the bigger emphasis on Mary Steenburgen itself was bad. Plus they had a cool character (Joan's friend from the Asylum or whatever) that they introduced, and wasted a couple of eps later. I had been looking forward to the second season, but half way through I stopped watching.