Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #16
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sick
i saw the first episode but missed the second, is it being re-aired?
It's a WB show right? If you're talking about Supernatural. Check your local listings on Sunday afternoon/evening. WB often replays it's show on Sundays. I seen to recall seeing the first ep playing last Sunday.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #17
Peter Vincent

Caught the SECOND episode last night (never saw the 1st). good show, genuinely creepy.

Reminded me of a 1-seasoner called Freaky Links. Anyone remember that one? It was a good show & should've lasted longer. I think it was from the producers of the Blaiur Witch Project.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #18
baggio
HackMaster

I tell you, with a longer runtime, and a little fine tuning. that second episode could have been a nice little theater release. Not bad for a little tv show.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:40 PM   #19
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zompirejoe
INVASION was very good. it had a few good shocks and it makes a nice companion piece to it's lead in show LOST. i actually like INVASION a little more than THRESHOLD. i am interested in seeing THE NIGHT STALKER rehash, although i hear it's a dud we shall see. SUPERNATURAL has been very entertaining so far as well, and the new fox show BONES seems like a keeper as well. too much good television on this year, there is not enough time to keep up with it all.
I didn't like Invasion at all. I was bored by it and didn't like the characters. Supernatural is the only new show I really like, but as I said earlier, Threshold has potential. I'll also check out Night Stalker when it starts. I don't want to get involved with too many shows. I have enough to watch regularly, as well as the TV on DVD sets I haven't watched yet!!

Last edited by Shannafey; 09-23-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #20
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey
I didn't like Invasion at all. I was bored by it and didn't like the characters. Supernatural is the only new show I really like, but as I said earlier, Threshold has potential. I'll also check out Night Stalker when it starts. I don't want to get involved with too many shows. I have enough to watch regularly, as well as the TV on DVD sets I haven't watched yet!!
Yeah, so far Supernatural is the only new show that I would consider to be Must Watch. Bones, I like the characters, so will watch when I can, and Surface seemed promising, Invasion had moments but it probably won't last on my rotation, and Threshold is on Firday nights so it's already been dumped by me. Plus, I started to watch it last night and just didn't feel like it. So that's a sign of how much I like the show.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #21
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I haven't watched Invasion yet, I have it taped. Bones is just okay. Supernatural, I will definitely be watching every week. Mainly for Jensen Ackles, but the show is excellent. One of the best New Shows this season. On returning shows, I will be watching Smallville.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:37 AM   #22
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123
On returning shows, I will be watching Smallville.
I used to adore Smallville. The third season lost me for a while, but I went back. The 4th season didn't keep me long. It was horrendous!! I am going to give it one more try this week and see if I want to pick it up again. I've seen almost all of the first 3 seasons, so I invested a lot of time in the show and I'm a huge comic fan.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:58 AM   #23
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I am a huge fan of Smallville. This season will be better than Season 4. James Marsters will be in at least 7 episodes, Tom Wopat will be on the 6th episode.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #24
onebyone

I liked season 4 of Smallville. It meandered a bit during the season, but I thought the ending was especially good. If you get me to a good place, I can forgive a few missteps along the way. It is when you have missteps AND a lame ending that I hold a grudge.

I loved the second episode of Supernatural. This is my favorite of the new shows this year, and I am so happy to see Jensen Ackles with a good role and show to call his own. So yeah, I fear for its safety big time.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #25
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone
I liked season 4 of Smallville. It meandered a bit during the season, but I thought the ending was especially good. If you get me to a good place, I can forgive a few missteps along the way. It is when you have missteps AND a lame ending that I hold a grudge.

I loved the second episode of Supernatural. This is my favorite of the new shows this year, and I am so happy to see Jensen Ackles with a good role and show to call his own. So yeah, I fear for its safety big time.
After the first few, the only one I watched was the last one, which like past season finales, was really good. I hated the whole witch thing and then I see previews of them in China, looking like Crouching Tiger (And I hate most martial arts films!!). So, I basically stopped watching. And besides, it was on the same time as Lost. This season I'll try it again. Maybe I'll catch the season 4 eps. in reruns some time. I know I missed a lot of the story. Season 2 was the strongest season. The writing was superb!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #26
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

For those who missed the second ep, it's on right now (1:00 P.M. Sunday) on WGN and on at 5 on WPIX.....in other words, check your local listings.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:19 AM   #27
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Tonight's ep: Not overly crazy about the whole traumatized kid storyline as that's been overdone, but not too bad of an ep, especially with Fred (Amy), and Ratt's "Round and Round".
Old 09-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #28
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskull
Tonight's ep: Not overly crazy about the whole traumatized kid storyline as that's been overdone, but not too bad of an ep, especially with Fred (Amy), and Ratt's "Round and Round".
Yeah, I felt the same way, but for the worst episode so far, it was still entertaining!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #29
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey
Yeah, I felt the same way, but for the worst episode so far, it was still entertaining!
Oh yeah, it still kept me watching, so it wasn't really bad, just not the best story for them to work with.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #30
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Tonight's episode was garbage!! It was so contrived! It's almost as though it jumped the shark already. I won't give any spoilers, but it was too unbelivable, and really didn't fit the mold of the series. Next week's looks like it's back on track. With episodes like tonight's it won't last long!