Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #61
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFiend View Post
Has anybody seen The Wildman of Navidad? At least I think that is what it is called. I was wondering if it was worth a purchase or not.
It's pretty decent for a low budget film, and about what you'd expect from it. The film is set back in the 1970's and does a good job of recreating the feel of the era on its budget. Some of the scenes drag on a little too long, but if you like films like Boggy Creek, you'll probably find something to enjoy here. I'd recommend it for a rental.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #62
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFiend View Post
Has anybody seen The Wildman of Navidad? At least I think that is what it is called. I was wondering if it was worth a purchase or not.
I caught this one last night. No way I'd spend money for this DVD. It's shot on video and cheap-looking, the acting is beyond amateurish, it cannibalizes whole sequences from better movies (Grizzly and the original TCM especially), and it spends a lot of time on unsavory elements completely unrelated to the main creature storyline. It also replaces traditional Sasquatch mythology with a silly back story that I didn't buy at all. But worst of all, the suit is TERRIBLE. It looks like a guy covered in throw rugs. It totally took me out of the movie.

There's some good low-tech gore on display. And I appreciated the ferocity of the creature attacks (and the frequency of them in the final half hour). But overall the movie is nowhere near as enjoyable as the original Boggy Creek, Night of the Demon, or Abominable.

Just my two cents of course.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #63
shape22
HackMaster

Hey, here's a question for The Legend of Boggy Creek fans. Does the Cheezy Flicks Ent DVD look any better than the older releases? Some of the comments at Amazon.com seem to suggest substantially better picture quality.

It's available for less than $7 (including shipping) at DVD Pacific. So if it's an upgrade I'll definitely pick it up.

Any feedback would definitely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #64
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Today on Dread Central I came across a news article talking about a new book which covers all things Sasquatch on film. It's called The Bigfoot Filmography and can be found on Amazon here. It's out now and I can't wait to read it and complete my viewing of every Squatch horror film known to man!
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #65
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

There's a new Bigfoot triple feature coming out on DVD called Box of Bigfoot: Hillbillies vs. Sasquatch. According to Amazon it doesn't come out until March 20th, but this CD Universe link shows it as available now. It includes The Barbaric Beast of Boggy Creek (AKA Boggy Creek 2), The Capture of Bigfoot, and The Legend of Bigfoot. The list price is under $10 everywhere I looked and it's a great deal for people who don't want to pay the OOP prices for Elite's Boggy Creek 2 DVD.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #66
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Today on Dread Central I came across a news article talking about a new book which covers all things Sasquatch on film. It's called The Bigfoot Filmography and can be found on Amazon here. It's out now and I can't wait to read it and complete my viewing of every Squatch horror film known to man!
Looks incredibly interesting, but way out of my budget for the time being...unfortunately.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #67
shape22
HackMaster

Here's a new short film for my fellow sasquatch completists. You can watch the whole 30-minute film here:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/fea...on-vorhees.php

It well done technically--and as inept as you can imagine from an acting/story perspective. But it might provide a few unintentional laughs.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #68
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Just watched Demonwarp. Holy crap. I know John Carl Buechler wrote the story, was it just an excuse to cram a bunch of monsters into one film? Don't get me wrong, I had a fun time with all of the craziness (I was busting up during the scene where Bigfoot chases that random guy through the woods and by intercutting to a bunch of other scenes the film makes it look like the chase is taking all day or something), but when you find yourself writing a script and you type the words "and then he starts sprouting hair and turning into a were-Bigfoot" you have to know you're on another planet.