Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #31
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Can't wait for a Night of the Demon DVD. This movie has two of my all-time favorite kills in a slasher-type movie, the sleeping bag kill (way better than in Friday the 13th Part VII) and the Bigfoot rips a biker's junk off kill.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #32
SickNick89
Stalker

my favorite bigfoot film, hands down, is Night of the Demon (1980). this one NEEDS a proper dvd release!
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #33
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

I've watched three bigfoot movies this week, ranked from best to worst:

Night Of The Demon (1980) - A gem and very entertaining. This film needs a proper DVD release.

Demonwarp (1988) - Bizarre yet strangely enough entertaining, almost in a trainwreck sort of way. Another film that needs to be on R1!

Terror In The Swamp (1985) - Boring swamp-critter flick with nothing much happening. Still, it's sort of a rare movie but I don't think I'd jump for a DVD if they ever release one.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #34
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Terror In The Swamp (1985) - Boring swamp-critter flick with nothing much happening. Still, it's sort of a rare movie but I don't think I'd jump for a DVD if they ever release one.
I remember finding this on VHS many years ago for $2 or similar. It was incredibly boring from what I can even recall, and had extremely laughable acting. I sold it of course, and have no regrets doing so.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #35
Erick H.
HackMaster

I'm just old enough to remember the Bigfoot cycle of films that were running during the 70's.I saw THE CREATURE FROM BLACK LAKE,THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK and SASQUATCH:ALIAS BIGFOOT in the theaters.As a kid I recall BLACK LAKE as being kinda creepy.I wish there was a decent DVD of it readilly available.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 AM   #36
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Demonwarp (1988) - Bizarre yet strangely enough entertaining, almost in a trainwreck sort of way. Another film that needs to be on R1!

Terror In The Swamp (1985) - Boring swamp-critter flick with nothing much happening. Still, it's sort of a rare movie but I don't think I'd jump for a DVD if they ever release one.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had seen nearly every Bigfoot movie, but had never actually heard of these. Now I have to check them out. My research also brought a movie called Blood Stalkers to my attention. Has anyone seen it?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #37
Hellbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
My research also brought a movie called Blood Stalkers to my attention. Has anyone seen it?
I haven't but I always wanted to see it. I think to remember somebody mentioning that there's no original print of Blood Stalkers to be located, and the reason why it isn't on DVD.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #38
Wayne Manor
Maniac

Quote:
I haven't but I always wanted to see it. I think to remember somebody mentioning that there's no original print of Blood Stalkers to be located, and the reason why it isn't on DVD.
Many moons ago hereabouts, CodeRedDVD said:

"Bloodstalkers - Not to worry, we will look into it. It's a 1978 movie; negatives or a good clean print are likely gone, but it doesn't hurt to try. Is the film any good? I think I have the old Vidmark tape somewhere. I never got around watching it. After all the insults we received, it not worth wasting time on "Bloodstalkers". The film isn't a horror film or a slasher - just a middle-aged-couple-meets-swamp-drug-dealer film. We talked to the people who once owned the TV rights and the people who sold it to Vidmark. They both no longer have the rights to the film. They both told me they had zero elements (prints) for the film, just 3/4" tape at one point. No negatives. Even if we find the rights owner, 3/4" inch tape (which will be the old Vidmark copy) is not allowed by Internet crowd. There is no print nor negatives from what the two sales people told me. That means the 3/4" tape will not be any diffrent than burning a DVD from your old Vidmark tape. You want me to put that out? I saw the film, I saw it at one video store at the dusty horror section, yet the film has no blood / murder till the last 13 minutes and is not a horror film. Most of the deaths happen offscreen! It's middle-aged campers getting attacked way at the end of the film. Suspense-action at most and I wish many of you could watch this film because it looks like it was shot on 16mm expired short-end film stock. They only recently got noticed due to a magazine article making it sound like a lost horror classic."
Wayne Manor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:58 AM   #39
Hellbilly

Thanks for the flashback Wayne. I'm even more curious now to watch Bloodstalkers.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #40
harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage View Post
If only Night of the Demon got a decent R1 uncut release, if only...
LOL! I have the Vipco release on my Iphone as we speak.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #41
Hellbilly

Finally watched Sasquatch, The Legend Of Bigfoot (1977). This ones supposed to be the best "documentary" about a Bigfoot expedition ever. Not sure if this was the best ever, but it is very well made and certainly had its moments. Could've used a little more Bigfoot moments and a little less grizzly footage though. We also get to see the famous Patterson film and recounting of past Bigfoot attacks. Good stuff.

Last edited by Hellbilly; 07-14-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #42
Devo1313
Stalker

Just got a message from Alpha Video saying Curse of Bigfoot will be coming up their release list.
Devo1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #43
Spit
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobaccoman View Post
Boggy Creek II: And The Legend Continues
Best Bigfoot movie ever!!! The MST3K version is freaking hilarious.

When your a drug addict, its important to pace yourself -Bill
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #44
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:

Finally watched Sasquatch, The Legend Of Bigfoot (1977). This ones supposed to be the best "documentary" about a Bigfoot expedition ever. Not sure if this was the best ever, but it is very well made and certainly had its moments. Could've used a little more Bigfoot moments and a little less grizzly footage though. We also get to see the famous Patterson film and recounting of past Bigfoot attacks. Good stuff.
Out of the Bigfoot docudramas, this is easily the best.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:51 AM   #45
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Thanks for the flashback Wayne. I'm even more curious now to watch Bloodstalkers.
I never saw it, but Xploited has this: http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/bl...s-p-12764.html
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote