Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #16
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Thanks for the recommendations, y'all. Quite a few I'll try to track down.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 AM   #17
X-human
I ate my keys

Half Human: The Story of the Abominable Snowman (1957)

Directed by Ishirô Honda and staring John Carradine! I NEED this bad! So bad!

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #18
baggio
HackMaster

I would have to second the recomd. of "The Legend Of Boggy Creek" 1973 out on vhs and dvd by tobaccoman.

One scary flick. Its a documentry type of movie with reenactments of eyewitness accounts of bigfoot. Its very hard to explain but the reenactments are scary as hell. I've shown this film to just about every person I know they are all get freaked out about the film. Definitly not the movie you want to see before you go camping.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #19
Hellbilly

This has been a good year for bigfoot movies, at least for me Here's a rundown on stuff I watched the past 12 months:

... the GOOD

From best to 'worst' even though all in this category were pretty decent.

1. The Legend Of Boggy Creek (1972) - Captures the Bigfoot mystery the best (from the one's I've seen) in this documentary-style retelling of true Bigfoot encounters. Very creepy at times plus makes for a good viewing around Halloween. DVD quality is lousy though.

2. Snowbeast (1977) - Made-for-TV chiller about a Yeti-like creature wreaking havoc in a ski-resort. Well made and entertaining film with neat monster effects and thrilling scenes of suspense.

3. Creature From Black Lake (1976) - Adventure/Thriller with a good amount of Bigfoot-frights. Probably the most underrated film in this recap.

... the BAD

From 'best to worst'

1. Abominable (2006) - You've heard the hype, now go check it out

2. Boggy Creek II: ... and the legend continues (1985) - A personal fave so I might be a little biased here. Just like Abominable I think this one has an equally mix of funny bad cheese & suspense. Recommended viewing with a can of Pork 'n' Beans and Baloney Sammich

3. Sasquatch Hunters (2005) - Probably the most underrated in this category ... I did connect with this Sasquatch offering right away and thought it was a pretty decent little bad one.

Honorable mention:
Spoiler:
The Cavern (2005)
, Night Fright (1967) and The Tales From The Grave segment "The Billywack" (2003).

... the UGLY

From 'best' to worst

1. Shriek Of The Mutilated (1974) - This film is pure exploitation and trash-cinema at it's 'finest' so don't expect Citizen Kane kind of stuff

2. Search For The Beast (1997) - In the same league as Shriek Of The Mutilated with an even lesser budget. If that's even possible. However, I found myself being amused at times plus you get wild and beastly Bigfoot-sex. A real eye-opener.

3. The Capture Of Bigfoot (1979) - A Troma pick-up which says it all I suppose. It's horrible but not repulsive annoying like one might expect. Has better production values as the two above though

4. The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976) - This film obviously tried to cash in on The Legend Of Boggy Creek's big buzz back in the 70s but fails miserably. Boring pseudo documentary with a lame ass narator and his sucky wife searching for the beast only to find a glimpse of glowing white bigfoot eyes. The rest of this film contains home movies of the makers, tons of wildlife footage, sights and historical blah.

Last edited by Hellbilly; 10-23-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #20
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Thanks for the recap 'billy. After watching Abominable I've kinda been in the mood to watch some more Bigfoot movies. This will be quite useful.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 AM   #21
killnstalk

anyone think well ever get a cleaned SE of legend of boggy creek with extras on dvd?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:01 AM   #22
Hellbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by killnstalk View Post
anyone think well ever get a cleaned SE of legend of boggy creek with extras on dvd?
Here's hoping. This film was shot in 2.35:1 widescreen and I'd kill to watch it in it's original format. And yeah, wouldn't mind extras as well.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #23
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobaccoman View Post
The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang (next project from the makers of Napolean Dynamite)
This movie was finally released last week to only a handful of theaters throughout the country. Luckily one of these was in Seattle so I checked it out. The title has been changed to The Sasquatch Gang for advertising, but the credits still say Sasquatch Dumpling Gang (which I think is a much better title). It's a funny little film that will appeal to anyone who is a fan of the Squatch, fantasy, nerds, rednecks, and of course Napoleon Dynamite. It was directed by Napoleon's AD and shares the same producer and DP. The cast is great and is made up of quite a few semi-known names including Jeremy Sumpter (Frailty, Peter Pan), Justin Long (the Mac guy, Live Free or Die Hard), Jon Gries (Uncle Rico from Napoleon, The Monster Squad), Joey Kern (Cabin Fever, Totally Awesome), Stephen Tobolowsky (Memento, "Heroes") and Carl Weathers (that's right Apollo Creed). There were many laugh out loud moments and the film had an interesting structure that keeps the viewer engaged. It won't win any awards or anything, but if it's in your area you should support this nerdy little film so it doesn't die a quick and painful death at the box office.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 12-05-2007 at 08:07 AM.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
Hellbilly

Release date: 02/12/08

Quote:
Serene wilderness...or deadly killing grounds? Something strange is happening in a remote forest. Many have come, but nobody has ever left alive. A group of unsuspecting college students embark on a mission into the forest in hopes of finding evidence of endangered species. What they don't realize is they have wandered onto the feeding grounds of a vicious and calculating predator. One by one, they are hunted down and killed by the region's infamous mythical Sasquatch. Will anyone survive the beast's insatiable appetite for flesh?
A Lionsgate release, so it's bound to suck most likely.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #25
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
That's more than likely an accurate guess. The synopsis sure doesn't sound like anything we haven't already seen before...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #26
X-human
I ate my keys

Wow, Lionsgate really drop the ball on this description. What is SHOULD have said was "A group of unsuspecting college students embark on a mission into the forest in hopes of finding evidence of endangered species. What they don't realize is they have" become the endangered species.

I mean, come on, it HAS to be said. Just has to be.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #27
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
And I'm most likely too buy it too . I'm a sucker for anything Bigfoot related.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #28
dcrw6
Victim

What the hell's going on? New Bigfoot movies and no Lance Henrikson? The world's coming to an end!

dvdfiend.blogspot.com

My life:
http://dcrw6.dvdaf.com/
dcrw6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #29
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

I watched the (what I presume is) uncut version of Night Of The Demon today. Crazy movie. The quality isn't so hot but maybe someday I can ditch this for a remastered DVD... *nudge*
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #30
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

Night of the Demon rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHerbertWest View Post
I watched the (what I presume is) uncut version of Night Of The Demon today. Crazy movie. The quality isn't so hot but maybe someday I can ditch this for a remastered DVD... *nudge*