Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #16
Paul0889
Maniac

the second movie is much better than part 3...much gorier too IMO and even has christine taylor in an early role
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 AM   #17
Franco
Weekender

I've only seen it in 4:3 format. Was it originally recorded in widescreen or not?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #18
rift
Stalker

If there's one movie not worth bumping a 9 year old thread for, NotD3 is probably it...
rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #19
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rift View Post
If there's one movie not worth bumping a 9 year old thread for, NotD3 is probably it...
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I would probably sit through this again, if it were in a double-feature with the 2nd film.

But, still- I'll never relent on this: fuck the original. What a pile.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #21
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
I would probably sit through this again, if it were in a double-feature with the 2nd film.

But, still- I'll never relent on this: fuck the original. What a pile.
You don't like the original? I'll admit it gets a little slow at times but it wins a spot in my collection for the effects alone.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #22
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
You don't like the original?
My hatred for this film is intense. I don't do well with films that parade shitty, detestable, hateful, irredeemably I.Q.-impaired characters around like it's a great act of anarchy or like it enhances the filmmakers' sleaze-cred. And, if that were possible, it already worked for Class of Nuke 'Em High (which I actually find to be a great movie).

Far too many people in cult circles have no discernment when it comes to these movies. They look for quotients to be filled. X-amount gore, X-amount boobs, X-amount cursing, etc. Frankly, I give these films plenty of credit; there's a right way and a wrong way to do anything, after all. I just don't believe they're worth as much as most people seem to. I look for something more. Though, even then, Night of the Demons is a special brand of shit: it actively tries to make me hate Halloween. Which, like any other horror fan, means a lot to me. I should never be watching a movie that reminds me how much there is to dislike about Halloween, in all the wrong ways. By celebrating the worst aspects of it. I mean, is anyone in this fucking movie having any fun? No: everyone's an uptight asshole. Say one thing they don't like and they go on a rampage. It may sound like I overanalyze, but shockingly, I don't care to know every single thing that is wrong with every person out there. Especially if those people represent the protagonist roster.

To provide a counterpoint: look at Hell Night. Flawed, yes. But that is a good example of how you do not-exactly-"likable" characters right. They aren't jabbing you in the face constantly with their sexual hang-ups and bad attitudes yet they're also believable people with something about them that could be rubbed the wrong way. They're horny and do drugs and like to party but they aren't working my last nerve Every Second of the Running Time. The girls aren't whiny and catty and the guys aren't shouting "bitch" every 2 seconds. Actually, there are a ton of movies with unlikable or unsympathetic characters just similar enough to this movie (that is, dealing with young characters who semi-regularly conflict with one another) that show it up: Killer Party, Evil Dead 2, Sleepaway Camp, Dolls, Vamp, Scarecrows, The Kiss, Bud the Chud, April Fools Day, The Monster Squad, any Silent Night Deadly Night, Curtains, Ghoulies, and that's probably just scratching the surface.

I didn't even notice the effects: I lost almost all ability to care about anything. This really is one of the worst big-hype 80's horror movies I've ever seen. The Burning was better than this (similar problems).

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 02-27-2014 at 12:02 PM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #23
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Your name isn't also thePrestige85 by any chance, is it?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #24
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
You don't like the original? I'll admit it gets a little slow at times but it wins a spot in my collection for the effects alone.
Are you really surprised he doesn't like it?

I don't mind 3 tbh.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #25
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Are you really surprised he doesn't like it?

I don't mind 3 tbh.
I know I shouldn't be but somehow he always manages to surprise me.

there's definitely likable character here like the main girl and the black guy. Plus the fact the black guy survives which is nice to see in a horror movie.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #26
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I own all three Night of The Demons. I recently purchased the Scream Factory Blu-Ray of Night of The Demons, Loved it. Ordered from Vintage Stock last week Night Of The Demons 2 Blu-Ray from Olive Films, and for the last several years I own Part 3 from the Canadian release on DVD. I love all of them, part 3 was a little weaker than the first 2. I love the first one and the second one is a little gorier than the first one. I also own Part 1 and 2 on DVD.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #27
othervoice1
HackMaster

Well I loooove the original - the 2nd one is very good too but the original will always be the best to me. The third is pretty lame but watchable I guess
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #28
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I was so excited when Night Of The Demons 3 was originally released, but was extremely disappointed when I rented it. Still, being a part of my favorite series, I found myself rewatching it over the years and I guess I must have conditioned myself into loving it, because I really enjoy it now.

That said, I wouldn't recommend watching it immediately after part 2. You really see the difference in quality. But watching it on it's own, it's a fun little B-movie. Really great atmosphere.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #29
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

I wish a better version would come out, perhaps by Olive. It's the worst of the 3 films, but still has some fun moments.

I do own the Canadian DVD, but it's slightly censored and "mutes" any curse words almost every time during the film. I once owned the German DVD which is uncut and kept a DVD-R copy of that one too.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #30
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I've only seen it in 4:3 format. Was it originally recorded in widescreen or not?
The majority of 1:85 movies in the 80s were shot open matted and them matted for theatrical release.

I would assume that part 3 never had a theatrical screening and if it had it would a very limited one.