Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-22-2001, 08:49 AM   #1
Gnaghi

bad taste dvd

this is what they have listed on the anchor bay site...

Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs
Peter Jackson Bio
Theatrical Trailer

StreetDate: 11/20/01
Year Released: 1988
Rating: NR
Length: 91 Mins.
Picture: Color

Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1/16x9
Audio:
Dolby Digital Surround EX
6.1 DTS-ES
Dolby Surround 2.0

question is on imdb it says it was shot in 1:66:1 but ive never heard of it being in widescreen... so are we going to get a matted bad taste, a widescreen bad taste, or a matted and full frame bad taste. if it is going to be matted, then how many anchor bay discs lately have had both options? i hope they dont screw this up.

this is from dvdfile...

Other goodies arriving on 11/20 include a new special edition of Peter Jackon's Bad Taste, sporting a new 1.85;1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, English Dolby Digital Surround EX and DTS ES 6.1 surround tracks, English Closed Captions, the "Good Taste Made Bad Taste" featurette, Peter Jackson bio, and the trailer. Retail is $19.95, and a separate limited edition with collectible booklet and packaging will retail for $34.95.

and from the anchor bay chat...

Let me tell this about our BAD TASTE packaging plans...The Limited Edition will be a foldout similar to such releases as FIGHT CLUB or UNBREAKABLE and will have a bonus DVD with the GOOD TASTE MADE BAD TASTE DOCUMENTARY. There will also be a 16 page booklet with interviews with three of the cast members in the LE. The Front of the Limited Edition will have a lenticular cover which will alternate between the classic finger pose for the alien and the peace sign. The regular edition of BAD TASTE will come with the peace sign cover displayed, but with the single finger cover printed on the reverse side...That way everyone can get flipped off if they so choose

why does the documentary have to be on the limited edition?

i dunno... but im still really excited... no more wear and tear on my vhs.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:12 PM   #2
betterdan

I'm glad they didn't puss out and only put the alien giving the peace sign. I will definately turn the cover over and display the middle finger. I like these double sided covers more dvds should come like this so that you could either display the new shitty art or the older usually much cooler poster art.
Old 09-22-2001, 05:43 PM   #3
Andrew

Cool, I've been wantin' to see this one for a while. The LE will be mine.
Old 09-22-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
NickyDoyle

I can't wait to get the lenticular cover SE.

I'm glad that AB finally gave us some specs and extras about the DVD. It's going to be a long wait til November!
Old 09-22-2001, 07:40 PM   #5
Darkness Fear

Bad Taste is fucking word.
Old 09-22-2001, 08:26 PM   #6
darqleo

Smile

I hope they end up doing one for Meet The Feebles and Dead Alive as well.
Old 09-22-2001, 08:33 PM   #7
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Dead/Alive

Dead/Alive has already been released by Trimark/Vidmark on DVD.
Old 09-22-2001, 09:52 PM   #8
Marquis De Sade

This movie is a riot, but can anyone really watch the vomit scene without wanting to puke themselves??!!!!!

Urk!!!!
Old 09-22-2001, 11:20 PM   #9
TobalRox
HackMaster

HellBilly, I'm sure they knew of the Dead Alive DVD, but I'm sure you'd agree that AB would make a much better DVD.... better audio/video, possibly branching or 2 disc set to have both Dead Alive AND Braindead... commentary, etc. the DVD that's out now is very bare bones.

Self proclaimed owner of oldest sig on the board!

AIM: XnocreativityX

My eBay auctions <-- Check often, as I am constantly adding new stuff
TobalRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:35 AM   #10
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Dead Dead/Alive DVD

Quote:
Originally posted by TobalRox
HellBilly, I'm sure they knew of the Dead Alive DVD, but I'm sure you'd agree that AB would make a much better DVD.... better audio/video, possibly branching or 2 disc set to have both Dead Alive AND Braindead... commentary, etc. the DVD that's out now is very bare bones.
sure i agree with you TobalRox, and of course it would be cool if Anchor Bay could release such an SE DVD of Dead/Alive , but who knows for how many years Trimark will own the rights for it...until then, we're stuck with the crappy Trimark disc...just being realistic
Old 09-23-2001, 12:52 AM   #11
mech

This kind a sucks, I was hoping above all else that we'd get a commentary track by Pete and the Bastards. Oh well, with all his work on LOTR he'll probably blow everyone away with those DVDs when their time comes.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:24 AM   #12
Vdlman

Just a documentary, trailer, bio and that's it? I was expecting more than just that.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:37 AM   #13
Werner Von Wallenrod

Cool Poor Taste

Indeed. No commentary (or other fun-type extras) blows... But that's sort of AB's typical "LE" deal. The fact that Bad Taste gets an expert DVD release at all (along with a doc) is pretty damn impressive, though. AB definitely rocks; but there should be some sort of extras quota a DVD has to meet to be called a special or limited edition...

(PJ's probably just gotten too big-time, now, with his LOTR buzz, to bother with this stuff... At least Forgotten Silver managed to squeeze a nice SE out first.)
Old 09-23-2001, 02:03 AM   #14
Ele-Mantle

Three or four years ago, the BBC aired a Peter Jackson documentary before airing Bad Taste, which I taped. A few weeks later I erased my VHS tape (by mistake!). Does anybody know if this is the documentary that will wind up on the DVD? This was a 50 minutes/ 1 hour documentary and it was excellent.
Old 09-23-2001, 02:43 AM   #15
Darkness Fear

AB can be good... and it can suck (look at the first released Halloween for DVD).