Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #31
Mok
Family is Forever

I'm all over the Ghosts one - that really freaked me out as a kid. Especially the one about the Amativille house.

Wizejoker/Luna: Yeah that was Sightings I think. Remember this guy:
http://www.ghostencounters.com/

Last edited by Mok; 09-23-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #32
Cujo108

Picked up both sets the other day. Can't wait to dig through them. I was really pleased to read that the Texas housing complex built on the burial ground is on here. I had no clue they even did a segment on it.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:32 AM   #33
WesReviews
HackMaster

Cujo,
You're referring to "Black Hope"?

There was a TV movie based on this story that came on in the early 90's. Patty Duke starred in it. The name was "Grave Secrets: The Legacy of Hilltop Drive". I'm not much of a fan of made-for-TV movies, but this one was pretty decent. Wish someone would release it on DVD.

Wizzer,
Did Unsolved Mysteries do a segment on the abuduction that inspired the movie "Fire in the Sky"? Seems like they intereviewed the Travis guy who was abducted, but I don't see the abduction listed on the list of segments that is included on the UFO set. Though, Unsolved Mysteries did a LOT more UFO segments than they did Ghost/Hauntings segments, so I'm sure there are plenty of segments that didn't make the boxset.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:47 AM   #34
wizzer
get outta here ewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews

Wizzer,
Did Unsolved Mysteries do a segment on the abuduction that inspired the movie "Fire in the Sky"? Seems like they intereviewed the Travis guy who was abducted, but I don't see the abduction listed on the list of segments that is included on the UFO set. Though, Unsolved Mysteries did a LOT more UFO segments than they did Ghost/Hauntings segments, so I'm sure there are plenty of segments that didn't make the boxset.
while they may have done an episode like that, it doesn't seem to be included on this set. the only thing sort of local for me on there was the 'v' shaped ufo that flew over phoenix. (i was sure i saw a special that explained this as small single man piloted hydrofoils flying in formation at night with lights or flares attached to the plane) but it remains unsolved as far as this dvd set is concerned. watching some of these things gets me thinking about how maybe people were more gullible in the 80's and 90's. i can't keep a straight face listening to some of the abductees

on a side note i need that fire in the sky dvd right when it comes out this month or next month.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:44 AM   #35
VideoViolence

I def want this one!!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:00 PM   #36
WesReviews
HackMaster

Good news from TV Shows on DVD.com...

"Unsolved Mysteries - 2 more in Jan (we have art!) and another in Feb
Posted by David Lambert 10/17/2004

This past summer we told you that the next 4th, 5th, and 6th DVD installments of Unsolved Mysteries would happen, respectively, in February, March, and April of 2005. Uh-uh. Those dates are now wrong.

Surprise! The good folks at First Look have sped up their timetable, and now are ready to move the dates up on these 4-disc box sets to the following:

* January 25th:
Unsolved Mysteries - V4: Psychics...$49.98 SRP
Pre-order at Amazon.com (currently $34.99).

* January 25th (yep, same date as V4!):
Unsolved Mysteries - V5: Bizarre Murders...$49.98 SRP

* February 15th:
Unsolved Mysteries - V6: Legends...$49.98 SRP

Stay tuned, and we'll let you know more just as soon as we get it! Our thanks to the great folks at First Look for sending the artwork on over.
"

Can't wait for these! Wish they had cover art for the "Legends" set up.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #37
WesReviews
HackMaster

For those who bought the "Ghosts" boxset, there's a show on The Discovery Channel right now called "A Haunting in Georgia". It's the "Gordy's Ghost" story from the "Ghosts" set, but a more updated version (and running two hours), telling a more detailed account of what happened since the UM episode aired. Figured I'd give you fans a heads-up.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #38
WesReviews
HackMaster

Since the release date is only a little over 2 weeks away (and similar information was available on the previous three sets far in advance of their releases), I figure it's time I shared what I know about the upcoming three sets (Psychics, Bizarre Murders, Strange Legends).

In early December, e-mailed First-Look Entertainment asking when the segment lists would be available. To my surprise, they sent me each list! NOTE: Descriptions of the segments aren't available yet, just the titles. So, here is what to expect on the three upcoming sets...

Psychics
Disc 1
Life After Lightning
Pics of the Dead
Rainboy
Reincarnated Submariner
James Van Praagh
Epilepsy Pooches
Plateau Vision

Disc 2
George Anderson
Twins
Suddenly Psychic
Bible Code
Storm in Hell
POW Dream
Murder Premonition
Lottery Miracle

Disc 3
Electric Lady
Reincarnation
Dorothy Allison, Police Psychic
Motherís Instinct
Twin ESP Connections
After Death Visits

Disc 4
Past Lives
Incredible Journeys
Psychic Detective
Life After Life
Powers of Miss Katie
Dreams Come True
Silent Witness

Bizarre Murders
Disc 1
Colorado Cop Killers
Boston Strangler
Texas Most Wanted
Trailer Terror
Bad Chief
Marie Hilley
Journalistís Murder

Disc 2
Scared to Death
Murdered Heiress
Unicornís Secret
Womenís Prison Killing
Skull Duggery
Backyard Bones
World Leaders
Burning Bed

Disc 3
Mistake Hit
Friends To the End
Whistle Blown
Richardís Rampage
Plane Crash Sabotage
Burned Evidence
Jesse James Hollywood
Two Mary Murders

Disc 4
Bordello Murders
Campus Murder Expose
Dakotaís Double Death
Margo Freshwater
Zodiac Unabomber
The Other Intern
Social Security Murders
Civil Rights Murders
Campus Calamity

Strange Legends
Disc 1
Elvisís Last Night
Brandon Lee
Eliot Ness
Holy Grail
Amelia Earhart
Alcatraz

Disc 2
Noahís Ark
Martin L King
Big Foot
Sonny Liston
Who Killed Superman
Billy the Kid
BC Sea Monster

Disc 3
Elvisís Twin
Yeti
DB Cooper
Huey Long
Who Plugged Bugsy
John Wilkes Booth
Mona Lisa

Disc 4
Agatha Christie
Skunk Ape
Chair of Death
RFK Pics
Anastasia
Bermuda Triangle
Mothman
Old 02-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #39
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Wow, looks like there hasn't been much talk about Unsolved Mysteries since before the series went out of print. I received a rare large tax refund this year and so my wife and I each splurged on something. She got some jewelry and I decided to order a copy of the Unsolved Mysteries: Ultimate Collection 25 disc set. I was hoping to find a set for under $300 on eBay, but they kept getting bid up higher than I wanted to pay. So I ended up grabbing one for a little over $300 used on Amazon. Can't wait to dig into it.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #40
gobad2003
Stalker

Hope they re-release this someday, over $300 is just too much for this show. Oh well it isn't like there nothing else I want out there, I can wait.
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:11 AM   #41
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

All of the episodes used to be easily available on YouTube, but of course they're gone now. I remember some of the segments scaring the shit out of me when I was younger. Especially one segment where some people found a VHS tape on the side of a back road which contained someone filming a burning house and narrating it with the creepiest, psychotic voice I've ever heard. That shit was just unsettling. There was also a segment that Victor Salva must have watched because it is literally the beginning of Jeepers Creepers. I'm kicking myself for not getting the whole set when it was available. Some of those segments are better than 90% of the horror flicks released these days.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 02-20-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #42
RickMoe
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I remember some of the segments scaring the shit out of me when I was younger. Especially one segment where some people found a VHS tape on the side of a back road which contained someone filming a burning house and narrating it with the creepiest, psychotic voice I've ever heard. That shit was just unsettling.
"LOOOOK AT IT!!"

That was a creepy one... I bought the 25 disc Treasure Chest when it first came out. Think it was around $80? Have it right beside me on the shelf here...

The only negative was that each disc was edited to be its own "show"... like the opening credits happen at the beginning, then there's about 90-120 minutes of episodes. The opening was the most recent opening created (not the original low bass, purple colored opening with the words flying across the screen). Otherwise it's a great time-capsule for the show.

Between 2002-2004 though, LifeTime was airing new Unsolved Mysteries - the last new episodes with Robert Stack (he died in 2005). Great thing was, they also were airing all the old stories with TONS of updates on about 60% of the stories... AND I TAPED THEM!

For the last 10 years, I've had about 16 VHS tapes, 6 hours filled of nothing but Unsolved Mysteries in their original program format. Full stereo sound, no tracking issues. Early last year I started digitizing and converting them to AVI files. We're talking something like 100 episodes with stories NOT AVAILABLE on the DVDs, including some real classic creepy ones.

I'm still digitizing... it's a big project.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:13 AM   #43
SickNick89
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
"LOOOOK AT IT!!"

That was a creepy one... I bought the 25 disc Treasure Chest when it first came out. Think it was around $80? Have it right beside me on the shelf here...

The only negative was that each disc was edited to be its own "show"... like the opening credits happen at the beginning, then there's about 90-120 minutes of episodes. The opening was the most recent opening created (not the original low bass, purple colored opening with the words flying across the screen). Otherwise it's a great time-capsule for the show.

Between 2002-2004 though, LifeTime was airing new Unsolved Mysteries - the last new episodes with Robert Stack (he died in 2005). Great thing was, they also were airing all the old stories with TONS of updates on about 60% of the stories... AND I TAPED THEM!

For the last 10 years, I've had about 16 VHS tapes, 6 hours filled of nothing but Unsolved Mysteries in their original program format. Full stereo sound, no tracking issues. Early last year I started digitizing and converting them to AVI files. We're talking something like 100 episodes with stories NOT AVAILABLE on the DVDs, including some real classic creepy ones.

I'm still digitizing... it's a big project.
I'd love to see those.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #44
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Some of those segments are better than 90% of the horror flicks released these days.
For sure. That's why I've been chomping at the bit to grab this set for some time.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 AM   #45
Franco
Weekender

The Unsolved Mysteries DVDs include the UPDATES that they used to show about cases from previous chapters?