Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-16-2004, 05:14 AM   #16
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage
Pencil me in for another In Search Of... boxset, if that ever happens.

Joe Cole's murder was covered in Unsolved Mysteries?? Who played Hank?

(Come to think of it, I'd love a Rollins Band live DVD too.)

I dunno...I have an interview with Rollins on Howard Stern and Stern brought up that Hank was on Unsolved Mysteries
Old 09-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #17
speanroc
I WANNA BAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina
I dunno...I have an interview with Rollins on Howard Stern and Stern brought up that Hank was on Unsolved Mysteries
i saw that episode
speanroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:07 AM   #18
HalloweeNightJW

Got mine last night from Walmart. Always an adventure there... Anyway, can someone scan a good shot of the cover and submit it to DVD Aficionado? They're becoming real bitchy as of late about covers and rejected the one I submitted from Amazon. Thanks in advance if someone comes through!
Old 09-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #19
WesReviews
HackMaster

Here are front and back scans from DVDEmpire...

"Ghosts"

"UFOs"

Also, the "Ghosts" introduction by show producer John Cosgrove has him mentioning "45 of the scariest ghost stories". The set only contains 34 stories. I'm thinking a 5th disc was planned with 11 more stories but was perhaps cut at the last minute to allow for a possible Volume 2 of the set. Which I would most definitely welcome, as this set is missing a few memorable segments: The haunted Toys 'R' Us in Sunnyvale, California, The Winchester ghost house, the ghosts of Marylin Monroe and other movie stars which haunt a hotel out in CA, and I'm not certain, but I could've sworn they did a segment on the ghosts which supposedly haunt the White House. I'm sure there are many more which they didn't include in this set, and I hope they do plan a second volume.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #20
HalloweeNightJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews
Here are front and back scans from DVDEmpire...
DVDEmpire marks all their pics with a copyright which won't be accepted at DVDAf. Thanks anyway though.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #21
Wizejoker

Is Unsolved Mysteries what they use to show on Sci-Fi back in the mid 90s? I remember a show on Sci-Fi that had shows covering Aliens, Bigfoot, and other mysteries...
Old 09-19-2004, 08:59 PM   #22
WesReviews
HackMaster

To my knowledge, Unsolved Mysteries has only been on three networks (NBC, CBS, and Lifetime).

You may be thinking of Sightings, which at times was a fairly freaky show in its own right.

Some potential news on the "Legends" boxset. On one of the audio commentaries on the "Ghosts" set, a director of an episode mentions the story of "Who killed Huey Long?" being on the upcoming "Legends" set. Since that story isn't in the same realm of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot, I assume we'll be seeing other celebrity/political conspiracy stories on this set (most likely their segments involving the assassinations of JFK, Martin Luther King Jr, and Abraham Lincoln). Very glad they seem to be including these types of stories on that set, along with the expected Bigfoot, Mothman, etc. stories.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:21 AM   #23
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

i plan on getting the UFO box soon. I've always wanted a collection of UFO related stories, and this would be the perfect opportunity!
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:09 AM   #24
puddytay

I really want these but I don't care to pay more than 10 bucks a set. Yeah I know I'm a cheap bastard.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:41 AM   #25
WesReviews
HackMaster

Well, for 4 discs worth of stuff, $37 something isn't bad at all I don't think. Plus, you can get it for $30 shipped at Deep Discount DVD.

Also, just noticed that DDDVD lists Oct. 26 as the release date for "Miracles" now. Looks like it's been moved up from its original November release date!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #26
JW77
Support Halliburton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizejoker
Is Unsolved Mysteries what they use to show on Sci-Fi back in the mid 90s? I remember a show on Sci-Fi that had shows covering Aliens, Bigfoot, and other mysteries...
Are you thinking of Mysteries, Magic, and Miracles?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2230

3 discs for $14.99? Can that be right?
"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others." -- Harry J. Anslinger, first commissioner of the United States Bureau of Narcotics
JW77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #27
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizejoker
You're probably talking about Sightings, but I could be mistaken.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #28
WesReviews
HackMaster

E-mailed First Look Home Entertainment, and my theory was confirmed.

They replied back by saying that both types of stories...local legends (Mothman, Bermuda Triangle, etc.) as well as celebrity and high-profile cases...will be included on the "Legends" set. They said more info would be available in a few months, as it gets closer to the release date, but that the two segments that I specifically asked them about (Amelia Earhart's disappearance and Agatha Christie's disappearance) would definitely be on there. It's now my most-anticipated set.

I can only assume that some of these other celebrity and high-profile segments are likely to be included: Kurt Cobain's suicide/murder, Tupac's murder, Jon Bennet Ramsey, JFK assassination, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, George Reeves, Bruce/Brandon Lee's deaths, Billy the Kid, Lincoln/John Wilkes Booth segments, Martin Luther King's assassination, etc. But we'll have to wait a few months until more info is available.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 PM   #29
SilentScreams
Maniac

I'm glad that they are also including segments like the Bermuda Triangle and Amelia Earhart along with the Bigfoot and Lochness type stories. I'm hoping that they also include the segment on the Ice Man.
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 PM   #30
wizzer
get outta here ewe

i watched most of the 'ufo' set the other night. good stuff!