Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #61
4Gotten1

Finally watched it last night. Granted, this movie is no Dawn of the Dead, I still found it entertaining. I was laughing my ass off on a couple of parts in the beginning, but I began to tire a little toward the end. Personally, I got a kick out of the fact that this teenage horror, special effects geek actually pulled off this Super 8mm homage to the zombie film. That in mind, I enjoyed myself as did my wife. Picking up little nuances like a music riff sounding eerily familiar to another zombie film of yester-year, and the most obvious were the names of the characters, like Raimi, King, Romero, Mercer, Savini, Carpenter and so on. This is one of those movies you'll either like it or hate it. I think I'll be viewing this one in the future for a couple of laughs and a little reminiscing.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #62
Silent Noize
Maniac

Well said 4Gotten1. Did you happen to check out the special features yet? Heh, if you thought the movie was funny then you gotta check out the "auditions" portion. "You see my hand? I want you to prentend it is a bloodthirsty ghoul coming at your throat. Then I want you to make the most bloodcurdling terrifying scream you can"......

Fuckin psychos.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:05 AM   #63
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Basically, this movie was financied by Raimi, Scott Spiegel, who directed Intruder, and Starred in Skinned Alive, and Bruce Campbell, provided the Voice of the character Raimi, the whole Michigan gang had something to do with this movie. What's funny Raimi, Campbell, and Spiegel where in Within The Woods. When I first saw this movie, I thought, Bruce Campbell did a voice, and I was right. Bruce Campbells voice is very recognizable. I remember Fangoria had at least one article about Dead Next Door, and I received my DVD Wenesday, and I watched the Extras Thursday night, and they were excellent. I have not watched the Audition part yet, but I am going to tonight.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 AM   #64
4Gotten1

I haven't watched any special features yet, I'm gonna try to watch them over the weekend, and try to watch atleast some of the commentary. I most definately will check out the auditions.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #65
Big Bobby D

Yeah, Bruce Campbell did some A.D.R. work for this movie. You can tell that he did the voice for Raimi, the main character and I read he also did some dubbing for Commander Carpenter. I also read that Sam Raimi financed this movie with the money he made from Evil Dead 2, but production began in '85 for this movie and '86 for Evil Dead 2, so, I doubt that part is true. Raimi must have given Bookwalter some Evil Dead 1 money because Crimewave (which was released in '85) sucked and I don't think it ever made money. Another interesting thing I heard on the dvd was that Tom Savini was supposed to play the part of Dr. Savini but canceled at the last minute because he had another commitment, either his "starring" role in The Ripper or doing the effects work in T.C.M 2. And no, in the commentary it is not discussed why Raimi's name is supposed to be kept secret and whatever happened to Bookwalter and Killough. Another thing I can't understand is why Bruce Campbell didn't star in the movie because the guy who starred in the movie looks like a cross between Bruce Campbell and David Hess from L.H.O.T.L.
It could be because Bruce got a SAG card which prevented him from starring in Though Shoult Not Kill...Except! for some reason. Oh well, enough ranting about this movie...for now!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:44 AM   #66
shift
Ring who?

Hey ,,, sooo ummm... should I watch it?

I just got it today for $11.99 @ my Best Buy also. It is the AB release. I dunno man... yopu guys tell me to save my $$$ or fuck-it and watch it.. Thanks
Old 08-21-2005, 05:31 AM   #67
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift
Hey ,,, sooo ummm... should I watch it?

I just got it today for $11.99 @ my Best Buy also. It is the AB release. I dunno man... yopu guys tell me to save my $$$ or fuck-it and watch it.. Thanks
I ordered it from DDD for $8.99 and it was worth it. The movie is so terrible that it's just funny to watch! It's cult status seems a bit overrated though. Can't wait to watch some of the special features...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:34 AM   #68
RyanPC

I just got this one for free at the Anchor Bay booth at Horrorfind, so I'll let you know what I think of it when I watch it.

Last edited by RyanPC; 08-28-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #69
shift
Ring who?

Fuck it. I just got out of the Hospital this morning getting my appendix removed. I am sore and got shit to do. Let me go turn on my ONIX ROCKETS and see this shit.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:15 AM   #70
onebyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift
Fuck it. I just got out of the Hospital this morning getting my appendix removed. I am sore and got shit to do. Let me go turn on my ONIX ROCKETS and see this shit.
Hey, sorry to hear it. I hope your recovery goes as well as possible.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:17 AM   #71
shift
Ring who?

Thanks 1by1. Doc kicked me out of the hosital after 1 day in there. Nurses said that the medicine I needed was the weakest they given me. Said I am a soldier.
I feel really good. kind of hard to get from a sitting position to getting up, but once I am up, all is good.

-I just saw the trailer on this movie. Looks pretty cool. Love the chaa-cheese!!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:17 PM   #72
The Chaostar
Johnny Hallyday forever

Take care Shift. I had my appendix removed last year and I went through hell to reach th hospital since it got me while working. Good recovery.

Oh, and Dead Next Door is fun to watch but a cult classic it ain't.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #73
thrashard76

Get well shift.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 AM   #74
Evil Dead Guy

I just recieved my copy today and i noticed it's in fullscreen, too bad as i was wanting a widescreen. At least i have it so cannot complain really, i know what I'm watching tonight.

P.S - Hope you get well very soon Shift
Old 08-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #75
RyanPC

I finally caught up with this last night and really enjoyed it. It's not perfect or anything, but the story is fun and there's plenty of gore. It might not be for everyone, but I think every zombie fan should at least give it a watch.

I really should dig into the special features soon. There's lots of stuff on the disc that looks very interesting!