Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #31
fceurich39
HackMaster

oh my vhs version is barely watchable and extras make it worth it
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #32
Evil Dead Guy

Did not find it anywhere, so i guess i have to order it. The town i live is pathetic to find DVD's on the day of release, it always seems to get released a few days after the release date. It's always the DVD's i look for and they never carry them, well i order most of my DVD's through a music shop and they only take two days to come it.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:48 AM   #33
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead Guy
Did not find it anywhere, so i guess i have to order it. The town i live is pathetic to find DVD's on the day of release, it always seems to get released a few days after the release date. It's always the DVD's i look for and they never carry them, well i order most of my DVD's through a music shop and they only take two days to come it.
same here the best place here where i live is now circuit city used to be hastings but they closed the store now i either have to go to colorado springs or special order dvds
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #34
pacinofan
Stalker

I too was looking for this. Couldn't find it for sale or rent. Walmrt has been really good w/ getting all the recent achor bay releases, but they didn't have any. Futureshop.ca and and CDplus.com (the two sites I order the most from) both listed it out of stock.
pacinofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:57 AM   #35
walkingdude
Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacinofan
I too was looking for this. Couldn't find it for sale or rent. Walmrt has been really good w/ getting all the recent achor bay releases, but they didn't have any. Futureshop.ca and and CDplus.com (the two sites I order the most from) both listed it out of stock.
Forget CD Plus.I am still waiting for titles such as Luther the Geek,Touch of Death and Just Before Dawn that I pre-ordered weeks before their release dates.I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:28 AM   #36
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

I, too checked wal-mart to no avail. They had Freaked, Race With the Devil and Lightning Bug, though.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 AM   #37
hoggle5000

I met with, and talked to the director JR Bookwalter over the weekend at Twisted Nightmare Weekend, and had hoped that he would have a few copies with him, but he did not, but I was able to pick one up from BB today. I have met him a few times, and he could not be a nicer person to talk to. I'm looking foreward to watching this later tonight.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #38
dmeister
Maniac

I want my $11.99 back... And the hour-and-a-half of my life I spent watching this movie, for that matter.

dmeister
dmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #39
tobaccoman
White, Proud, and Stupid

Maybe you should have thought about what you were getting yourself into before you watched this and wasted money on it. Personally, I have no qualms. It's not a good movie by any means. It doesn't try to be funny and really isn't very funny. The gore is pretty good and in it's least abundant. And what's better than horrible dialouge recited by even worse actors all shot on Super 8mm... well you know other than an actually good movie. I picked it up for about $10-$11 and I'm happy. I just got The Hitchcock Signature Collection so I wanted some cheap, dirty gore to mingle it with and I'd figure this'd do the trick. I haven't seen it for years and it's no better or worse for better or worse and then my memory serves correct.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #40
Katatonia
In Death's Shadow

I didn't even look for it at Best Buy yesterday, although they probably had it. I want the DVD but am not in any rush, so I ended up ordering it at DDD for $8.99. It also already shipped yesterday so that's cool with me!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #41
betterdan

I bought the old Splatter Rampage disc a a while back and quickly sold it. I couldn't believe how horribly stupid it was. I was gonna give it a second chance with this new dvd but decided against it. There are too many good movies to spend my money on rather than this. Besides that is more money I could be spending at Horrorfind.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #42
Silent Noize
Maniac

I picked this up today at my work for $8.34. Havent watched it yet but I will later today. Looks good.
Silent Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #43
Silent Noize
Maniac

Alright, I just watched the movie....

hahaha yeah, it was a bad movie. But i woudnt say it's complete shit. Not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. It's just a cheesy, low budget, bad acted, campy zombie flick from the 1980's. It's entertaining enough though. One thing that really annoys me about this movie....why is the whole film overdubbed ? It's just weird hearing Bruce Campbell's voice coming out of someone elses mouth. heh.

2 1/2 out of 5

Last edited by Silent Noize; 08-10-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Silent Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #44
4Gotten1

Picked it up at BB yesterday, will probably watch it tonight. Hey, this movie was made by a teenager who was heavily influenced by the likes of George Romero with a super 8mm camera. It is what it is and I'm just as excited about seeing it as I was four months ago. I guess it's too bad some people didn't know what they were in for. By the way there was no sound recorded during filming, the whole thing was dubbed, which is how they intentionally made it. Anyone else notice / or think that the music from the movie that plays on the main menu is kind of similar to Romero's Day of the Dead?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:26 AM   #45
dmeister
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobaccoman
Maybe you should have thought about what you were getting yourself into
What I thought I was getting myself into was a "worthy addition to any gorehound's DVD shelf" (from Rue Morgue) or a "no-holds-barred, laugh-a-minute gorefest" (from Dark Star) or even a "rambunctious, inventive chunkblower" (from Deep Red). What I actually got into was the long-lost US remake of Bruno Mattei's 1981 crapfest, Hell of the Living Dead.

dmeister
dmeister is offline   Reply With Quote