Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Hehehe... r_burgos...

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #47
Erick H.
HackMaster

Is the series R.L. STINE'S THE HAUNTING HOUR available on disc yet ?
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #48
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick H. View Post
Is the series R.L. STINE'S THE HAUNTING HOUR available on disc yet ?
Yes. Shout Factory has been releasing them 5 episodes at a time.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #49
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Yes. Shout Factory has been releasing them 5 episodes at a time.
Cool,thanks a lot !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #50
Christy
Stalker

Why has there not been made a Goosbumps movie yet? I would welcome a this in a movi form versus TV show.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #51
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Why has there not been made a Goosbumps movie yet? I would welcome a this in a movi form versus TV show.
There's been a lot of talk on horror news sites about one being in the works. If they go through with it then it could happen in the next year or so.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #52
Christy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
There's been a lot of talk on horror news sites about one being in the works. If they go through with it then it could happen in the next year or so.
It's all speculation and rumors and internet jazz nonsense.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #53
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
It's all speculation and rumors and internet jazz nonsense.
Yes, which is pretty much what I said. I didn't say it was confirmed or green-lit, just a lot of talk about studios being interested.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #54
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

And now the Goosebumps film is here.

Trailer.

Quote:
For those of you who gobbled up the Goosebumps books in the nineties, you’ll be stoked to see this new trailer for the movie inspired by R.L. Stine’s hit horror series. In it, Jack Black plays a fictionalized version of the author and lives in a spooky house with his niece Hannah (played by Odeya Rush). A teenage boy named Zach (Dylan Minnette) moves into the house next door with his mom. He ends up becoming friends with Hannah and at some point, pays a visit to Stine’s home.

As teens do, Zach accidentally opens up locked manuscripts containing all of Stine’s famous monsters, such as the Abominable Snowman of Pasadena, Slappy the Dummy and a herd of killer lawn gnomes. They come to life, wreaking havoc on the entire town. Zach and friends must use their Goosebumps expertise to save the day. Fans have been waiting for a long time for the movie to be a reality. In 1998, Tim Burton was set to produce the first attempt at a Goosebumps flick but it fell through. Thankfully, we can all enjoy it in October when the movie will be out in theaters.
Effects look pretty good!
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #55
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Saw the trailer yesterday and it looks fun in its own right, but I hope the actual movie is a bit darker. That doesn't feel like the same Goosebumps I grew up with, the one that took such delight in traumatizing children.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #56
Body Boy
HackMaster

Although the books have never been "EXTR3M3!!!! HORRORRRRRR!!!!!!", some were fairly dark. Anybody recall the end of Welcome to Dead House? The entire town dies, and it goes into detail on the gory facial melting of a little girl. The Beast From The East was all kinds of fucked up, paranoia filled. There was one about a ghost at a camp that had a scene with a head and a boat motor (which turned out to be a helmet the next chapter, lol, but still!)

This looks inviting because I know these characters. The Snowman of Pasadena was one of the first books that I read. But while I'll likely watch this, it feels like a weird Disney or Pixar kids flick about fantasy books and a team of young adventurers.

But to see Slappy and the Haunted Mask again would be awesome.

Shocked to see the lawn gnomes get such attention.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #57
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

^ Yes, to all of that.

I remember Girl Who Cried Monster and Piano Lessons Can Be Murder being two of the more twisted ones. There was usually some sort of macabre twist at the end. The first two I bought were from a school book fair, Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb and Welcome To Camp Nightmare. Then starting with Be Careful What You Wish For, I was buying them monthly as they were released up until Vampire Breath when I sort of grew out of them. I still have boxes of them above the garage. And I actually have every Fear Street book ever written!

Even the original covers are pretty dark and twisted. Looks like they went back and re-released a lot of them with tamer comedic cartoonish covers. I think a lot of the kids who grew up with these books remember the covers more fondly than the actual books themselves.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #58
Body Boy
HackMaster

Although it's hard to read some of these simpleton books today because of their writing, the covers remain effective. Especially the first half of the first series. It's like 80s horror was marketed to kids. I mean, 90s kids were essentially being sold the 80s - that's kind of part of the decade. Which likely explains why the memories of being a kid are so great compared to being older during it. If films adorned covers like Werewolf of Fever Swamp, maybe they'd be a bit more fondly remembered.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #59
Grim
HackMaster

I recently did a GoFundme amongst friends to help raise funds for some summer classes I was taking and a few of the perks involved me reading Goosebumps books to them. Let me tell you, as an adult they are a chore to get through. R.L. Stine puts an obnoxious amount of emphasis on what color kids' hair and eyes are, or what kind of shorts they're wearing.

That being said, I have fond childhood memories of the books and the TV series (which has aged poorly as well IMO when compared to Are You Afraid of the Dark) and I still own and display proudly the entire original series, as well as most of the "Choose Your Own" titles. I was initially worried about this but from the looks of the trailer it definitely seems like this is going to be in vein of films like Monster Squad, Hocus Pocus, and ParaNorman. Looking forward to this now.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #60
soxfan666
HackMaster

I loved the books as a kid and was surprised at how excited the trailer made me. Hopefully it will be as much fun as it looks.