Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-23-2003, 11:44 PM   #16
r_burgos2003

Huh, did you see "The Haunted Mask II"? I'm pretty sure that that is the one my cousin owns. With the girl Carly Beth and it being attached to her skin....
Old 08-24-2003, 12:33 AM   #17
RyanPC

I used to own both Haunted Mask 1 and 2 on videotape. Haunted Mask 2 has one of the guys who used to make fun of Carly Beth in the first book with another creepy mask stuck to HIS face.

Yes, the TV Novels are different than the real books. I thought they were rather pointless, since there was already a book of the story out, why write another, but they were shorter than the real ones. I used to own that one about the librarian who was a monster... can't remember the name.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:36 AM   #18
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by r_burgos2003
Huh, did you see "The Haunted Mask II"? I'm pretty sure that that is the one my cousin owns. With the girl Carly Beth and it being attached to her skin....
The first one had the girl. THe second one was with the dude as Ryan said.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:37 AM   #19
r_burgos2003

But pictures!!!! From the tv show!!!!! It was a small victory. Of all the things to make me happy.......
Old 08-24-2003, 12:40 AM   #20
RyanPC

Quote:
Originally posted by r_burgos2003
But pictures!!!! From the tv show!!!!! It was a small victory. Of all the things to make me happy.......
I'd rather watch a Fulci or Argento movie.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:52 AM   #21
r_burgos2003

Me too, but not at age 8. Wonderful series IMO when I was younger. Right up there with "Nightmare Ned" and "Tales from the cryptkeeper"
Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #22
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Anyone here been watching R.L. Stine's new TV series?

It is called The Haunting Hour and it airs Saturday nights at 8PM ET on The HUB.

It's not great, but for those of us who grew up with Are You Afraid Of The Dark or Goosebumps, it is a nice trip down memory lane.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
Grim
HackMaster

Haven't watched his new show, but I laughed my ass off reading what I wrote in this thread when I was 15. Good stuff.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 AM   #24
Darryl Revok
Victim

oh man, I had a TON of Goosebumps books as a kid. My favorites were the Night of the Living Dummy trilogy. Good creepy fun. The TV show was weak though, they could've at least made them hour long episodes.

I also was a rabid fan of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I'm still clamoring for an official DVD release of the seasons. I remember that show so well. By far the most memorable for me was "The Tale of Laughing in the Dark" and "The Tale of the Lonely Ghost"

You know, the one with the clown that died in the funhouse fire who always had the cigar burning, and the girl who got trapped in that room and was scratching "HELP ME" on the walls?

Awesome stuff back in the day
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #25
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Revok View Post
I also was a rabid fan of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I'm still clamoring for an official DVD release of the seasons. I remember that show so well. By far the most memorable for me was "The Tale of Laughing in the Dark" and "The Tale of the Lonely Ghost"

You know, the one with the clown that died in the funhouse fire who always had the cigar burning, and the girl who got trapped in that room and was scratching "HELP ME" on the walls?

Awesome stuff back in the day
Actually every season of Are You Afraid of the Dark has been officially released, although only in Canada I believe and they are all OOP now. I have the first, second and fourth season of the seven produced.

I started watching the first season in October. It is pretty cheesy and definitely aimed at children, but I did have fun mostly due to nostalgia but also because the shows have great atmosphere, and I like the campfire tale aspect of each story. I always thought this show was better then Goosebumps personally. Some of the stories are actually pretty good but you can tell the age demographic and money available had an effect on the show.

As for those two stories you mentioned, they are two of the shows that I have watched so far as they are earlier episodes, titled The Tale of the Lonely Ghost and The Tale of Laughing in the Dark.

My favourite episode has always been The Tale of the Twisted Claw. It takes place on Halloween and is a twist on "The Monkey's Paw," about two boys who scare an old lady on Devil's Night and receive the claw as a treat from her on Halloween, of course granting their wishes but with a terrifying price.

Here's some pics of the sets.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Afraid-Dark/4884

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #26
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

I love the Scary Stories trilogy of books! :-) The drawings in those books were just so damn scary and creepy! :-) Totally wicked! :-)
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #27
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Are You Afraid Of The Dark was amazing, and way better than Goosebumps. The episodes mentioned were some of the first few episodes.

Some of my favorites were:
Nightly Neighbors
The Prom Queen
Midnight Madness
Frozen Ghost
Old Man Corcoran
Watcher's Woods
The Dream Girl
The Silent Servant
The Ghastly Grinner
Dead Man's Float
The Night Shift
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #28
Getmoredvdsout
Victim

I own the first 4 seasons on DVD from here in the UK. You can get them pretty cheap. They never released 5-7 over here on DVD for some reason. I am going to have to get season 5, 6 and 7 from USA when I have the cash.
Getmoredvdsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #29
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getmoredvdsout View Post
I own the first 4 seasons on DVD from here in the UK. You can get them pretty cheap. They never released 5-7 over here on DVD for some reason. I am going to have to get season 5, 6 and 7 from USA when I have the cash.
None of the full seasons have ever gotten released in the States.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #30
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getmoredvdsout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
None of the full seasons have ever gotten released in the States.
Yep, Canadian exclusives.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote