Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #61
dwatts
HackMaster

Amsterdam is four hours drive for me - not bad!

I happened to buy 6 posters today ($8 each) Full size:

Battle Royale

Dawn of the Dead

attack of the 50ft Woman

Night of the Living Dead

Frankenstein (Karloff)

Fulci's Zombie

Last edited by dwatts; 06-07-2003 at 07:10 PM.
dwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 09:31 PM   #62
sinister
Stalker

Quote:
Originally posted by dwatts
Amsterdam is four hours drive for me - not bad!
Cool! It's well worth going just for the DVD shopping, if nothing else. Check out Silver Screen, Boudisque, Cult Video and Fame Music for a start. If you ever go i'll scan you a map and mark on it where the best "horror shops" i've found are.
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #63
WeirdDad

Hey I had to figure out how to register just to post!Lol i think this site is cool and i have been reading on it for a while...anyways onto the posters.I got a rolled original Hellraiser,Return of the Living Dead(says on the bottom AUGUST 16 AT A THEATRE NEAR YOU!),Dagon poster from the U.K.,They Live,and a Terminator and Zombie reprints...And those are only the ones i have up! My wife thinks i'm an ass for spendin the money but oh well...I was addicted to ebay for a while!I love gettin posters and if i ever figure out how to load picts up from my digi camcorder i'll thow them up there.I gotta say that Suspira poster is the shit! Glad to be a member!
Old 06-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #64
dwatts
HackMaster

Welcome! I spend $100 today on posters and movies. My wife actually smiled! I just know some crap job is coming my ay tomorow

I also have to figure out which posters I can put up at the office.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #65
RyanPC

Quote:
Originally posted by dwatts

Fulci's Zombie

Damn you, I'm loving this poster!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 12:02 AM   #66
dwatts
HackMaster

Heh heh. Yeah, unbe-fucking-lievable ain't it. Coudn't believe it when I saw it. Even my wife said - "Oh! You gotta get that!"
Old 06-08-2003, 12:28 AM   #67
Atmims

I don't have any movie posters but I would like to get the Demons 2 Home Video Poster. Great creepy artwork!!

Not exactly the full thing but you get the idea.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:46 AM   #68
dwatts
HackMaster

That's better than the film.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:44 AM   #69
RyanPC

I thought DEMONS 2 was great, just like the original, but hey-- that's just me!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:05 AM   #70
WeirdDad

haven't seen demons yet but the poster is okay...and the thing about the zombie repront is it looks like ass unless behind a frame!the quality of the reprint is kinda cheesy.my wife said it looked like a photo copy when i got it...but when i threw that muthc on the wall the kids and her thought it look real good
Old 06-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #71
Luna

OH wow... can I just say I totally envy ALL of you and your poster collections! I think I especially envy the Argento posters I've seen. I NEED SOME.

I'm afraid to walk down the seemingly evil road of poster collecting... probably for good reason! My wallet would weep if I ever decided to take this up. The only horror poster I have is the free one from MGM, "The Raven", and I need a good frame to put that in. It's still rolled up in the protective cardboard it was shipped in. As soon as I can locate a good frame for it (what size IS that sucker anyway?) I can put it up in the living room or in the dining area.

I currently have some nice Mediterranean paintings in my living room and hallway. In the computer room, I have a Photomosaics poster of one of Vincent Van Gogh's self-portraits:

This isn't the Photomosaics version of it, but the actual portrait -- looks very similar except you lose the amazing brushstrokes... but you gain many REALLY tiny pictures and it's damn freaky how they can do that.

I also have a tin sign of Futurama, with Bender and Fry on it... it says "JOIN THE MAN-MACHINE BROTHERHOOD":

Oh yeah, and in the dining area, I have another Van Gogh print, framed. "Fritillaries, crown imperial in a copper vase":

I used to have TONS of art posters up when I lived at home years ago, because I'd get them at a great discount at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I had classes at the Met so I was there often and caught all the good sales in the basement, books, posters, you name it. I still have about half of them left from then, but no real wall space to put them up.

I had some good band posters up too, but I think most of those are gone. I had an excellent black fabric Sex Pistols poster, but who the hell knows where that wound up.

Last edited by Luna; 06-08-2003 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:28 PM   #72
Ash
Stalker

What do you guys use to hang your posters?
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #73
Trucci

Tacks or nails usually. If it's not framed and light, stuco seems to work.

I like that Futurama poster.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #74
dwatts
HackMaster

I'm not big on frames. I nail them up
Old 06-09-2003, 03:23 AM   #75
WeirdDad

check out home theatre market place nice frames good price