Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #4651
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Mondo Digital reviews Wheels of Fire: http://www.mondo-digital.com/wheelsfire.html
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #4652
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I'll order them because I do want them and they're unlikely to get cheaper releases anytime soon. If they were $50 each, I'd of course pass.
NASHVILLE GIRL, STRIPPED TO KILL, WHEELS OF FIRE, and THE SISTERHOOD were on my "money no object" upgrade list. I love those films enough that I'd hate to think how much I'd pay. I'd like to think I'd stop around $75 but if they were rare and hard to get, I might go as high as $100. Those films are rare gems that are swimming in a sea of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Screen archives is notorious for high ass price tags. Unfortunately these are code red titles not twilight time. I just find this idiotic and anyone who buys these is nuts. If we don't get this shit under control these companies will start charging $35 a pop. If you don't want to be a circus poodle don't act like one or become one. I can justify spending $40 on some nice deluxe edition. However these are not deluxe editions so let's end this idiocracy.
There's a chance that if we don't pay $27 for these titles that we'll see an end of these kinds of films on disc. For me, these prices are too much for blind buys but I can stomach them for films I know I love. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. Do prices go up, down or do obscure titles disappear from the new releases.

We all are voting with our wallets right now. Even those that are sitting on the sidelines.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #4653
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Mondo Digital reviews Equalizer 2000: http://www.mondo-digital.com/equalizer.html

Mondo Digital reviews The Sisterhood: http://www.mondo-digital.com/sisterhood.html
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #4654
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

This is the second instance, to my knowledge, of actors from these films appearing in Mad Max Fury Road, the first being, of course, the "Toe Cutter" character from the original film. Inspired casting choices or these guys just happened to be around for casting call?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #4655
crikan
HackMaster

Just got a shipping notification.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:25 AM   #4656
Katatonia
Hellbound Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post

Just got a shipping notification.
Got my shipped notification earlier today also. I thought these weren't even coming out until Mid-July... but great that they're shipping early!

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #4657
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

For anyone who hasn't ordered the SAE Code Red blu-rays yet, here's a coupon code for the weekend:

Quote:
Let's celebrate the 4th of July with a $4.00 credit towards your shipping costs! Use code 4july4 at checkout. No minimum orders required and valid for all customers US and International! Code is valid today, July 1st through midnight Eastern Time Sunday July 5th. Happy Holidays!!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #4658
Katatonia
Hellbound Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
For anyone who hasn't ordered the SAE Code Red blu-rays yet, here's a coupon code for the weekend:
Yep, got the email earlier. Oh well, I almost ordered a CD with that pre-order bundle, but figured it might slow down the shipping as with many pre-orders on there... so I'll just order it and use the coupon.

My bundle should arrive here later this week in any case.

Old Today, 03:07 AM   #4659
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Got my package from SA today.

Inside was a card that says they buy DVDs, CDs, and BDs. Anybody ever sell their media to SA? Fair offers? I am looking to purge my collection a bit, just wondering if they might be worth the time.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #4660
Katatonia
Hellbound Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post

Inside was a card that says they buy DVDs, CDs, and BDs. Anybody ever sell their media to SA? Fair offers? I am looking to purge my collection a bit, just wondering if they might be worth the time.
Got mine earlier today also...

Nope, I have never sold anything to them either, but have also been thinking of selling some old CD's, etc. and would like to hear of any experiences selling with them.

Old Today, 04:57 AM   #4661
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post

I sent them a bunch of BDs and DVDs. They offered me $140 plus the cost of shipping. Most of them were common titles like Million Dollar Baby and The Grey but I also sent them some steelbooks. I thought it was a more than fair amount. Just be sure when you mail the box, that your return address is clearly written and accurate. They'll just send a check without telling you they sent it and they'll send it to the address written on the box. I wrote an address that's not my mailing address, so naturally I haven't received anything and it's been a week and a half since they claimed they mailed it. I've already written 3 emails explaining the situation and all I've gotten is "we mailed the check, wait a few days" type of response. Gonna have to call them up.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote