Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 02-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #106
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It's a really solid release. Good HD picture with nice grain structure, lossless 2.0 audio option ported over from the laserdisc, as well as standard Dolby 5.1 & 2.0 options. And even optional English subtitles!

In the extras department there's several different trailers for the film including a true HD remaster of the original theatrical trailer; the entire comic book adaptation presented as a gallery; some full-color Fangoria article scans regarding the film...and these scans are so crisp and clear that you can easily read the articles. There's also the Full Screen version of the film included in the extras, which is the same as the Artisan DVD...and you can easily tell just how the overwhelmingly superior HD widescreen presentation simply tears it to pieces.

Some pics of the release (and lobby cards):

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #107
vidjunkie
Stalker

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate it very much and we are glad you enjoy the BD, many, many more are in the works.

Thanks again
vidjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #108
vidjunkie
Stalker

I just have to show what my friend and I are working on, a 2-disc for these titles, so if you have both titles this is a pretty good option to have.

Inside art

not bad huh? I like it

I know some of you here got FN2 so if you are interested in this cover when it is final let me know, it may even have inside art to go with it(showing chapters and specs) we are deciding this now.

*edit, there will be inside art, I will post a sample when we have one.

Last edited by vidjunkie; 03-02-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #109
vidjunkie
Stalker

I added the inside art to the post.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #110
vidjunkie
Stalker

I am thinking of selling sealed Twilight Time copy of Fright Night w\magnet and throwing in our Fright Night Part II as a freebie, but I wonder if there will even be any interest.

also we are finishing up these 2 titles along with Maximum Overdrive, I know, I know, who the hell want Lake Placid 3 & 4 lol.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #111
HorrorFan24
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
All I know is what I have read form others on various sites, but the general consensus is that, and you are probably not going to want to read this, is that Nero sucks really bad, every single person I know uses Imgburn for all BD burning needs and it has great support, you could try it and see with Nero but if you start burning coasters I would stop and go back to Imgburn.

also here is another WIP of ours,

If this WIP is still in the works. Do you have any idea when we could expect to see it.
HorrorFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #112
zompirejoe
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
If someone can burn me a copy of FRIGHT NIGHT 2, cover art and all, PM me. I don't have the tech or the know-how to do it myself and I'd really like one of those blues.
Yeah , me too if anyone can help me out PM me and let me know if it's possible, and maybe we can work something out.
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #113
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Finally got a hold of a copy of this and had the pleasure of watching it last night. It's a very impressive package (I got the dark cover) that looks just like something that you would see in a store. Besides not having a barcode, nothing looks off and the print of the cover is super clear. Little fuzzy on one back screenshot is all my OCD could find even slightly off, and at a glance it's not fuzzy!

The movie does look a bit better than the HD broadcast I had on my dvr, although I don't have the best eyes and can't explain how exactly. It just seemed like the colors popped, and bright daylight scenes have that 3d effect. It's a better transfer than many budget BD's I own.

I only had time to skim through the extras. It's fun switching back and forth with the FS version so I'm glad it was included (first thought was "why?", now I see why). If you have a FS loving friend or family member, this could offer a good education.

Somehow I missed the comic adaptation, so that is great to see and the Fangoria pieces are brilliant. With so little existing as for extras for this film, that's about as good as you can get right now, and as close to a making of as there is. Plus I was worried I might not be able to read text on the scans (my bd player's zoom don't work, never has), but that isn't an issue. I do have to get up close to read the comic scans, but the Fango ones are great and readable from the couch. Kinda reminds me of laserdisc, except better cuz it's scans of the articles, not plain text of the articles reprinted in boring font and without pictures.

All in all this is one great overall package. It proves how shitty some real studios are (I'm looking at you Echo Bridge) by doing everything they don't do. Best scan possible, check. Audio options, you got it. Subtitles? We got those too. The lobby cards are a nice touch that just sends it over the edge of awesome. So happy I have this and looking forward to checking out more of your crew's offerings. You guys put many studios to shame, keep up the great work!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #114
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zompirejoe View Post
Yeah , me too if anyone can help me out PM me and let me know if it's possible, and maybe we can work something out.
Thank god. I thought I was the only one without the equipment and/or know-how.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #115
vidjunkie
Stalker

@ bigdaddyhorse, thank you so much for the great review and very kind words, 1 of my Team members has also read what you wrote and thanks you very much as well, it is always very nice to read these, this is what keeps us doing what we do, as I have said several times over and over, we are just normal movie fans like everyone else here trying to share what we do, so thank you again for this nice little write up.

By the way, just wait till you see Maximum Overdrive, it is now finished!
Old 08-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #116
evileye
Stalker

Great review. How do we get it?
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #117
vidjunkie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye View Post
Great review. How do we get it?
Well I am trying to figure out now how to do this, the file share site we used in the past really sucks, I was giving out the links only to find out files were deleted when I was assured this would not happen, and some people still do not like or know how to use the newsgroups, but it will be upped real soon, or I do trades.

Thanks for the interest
Old 08-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #118
NewNightmare
Screamy Bopper

How on earth do you go about creating such amazing works of art? Whoever did this and however they did it need more than a thank you. They need a world-wide distribution deal. Amazing
NewNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote