Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Barnes and Noble has some really low prices going on for a few pre-orders:

The Compleat "Weird Al" Yankovic $4.23
Doctor and the Devils, The $6.65
Dolls $14.21
UHF $9.37

Looks like the MSRP's aren't set right, so this probably won't last and may even be canceled but worth a shot!
Nice prices!

The Doctor and the Devils has a different UPC than listed elsewhere for the Blu-ray. The UPC for it comes up as "El Eco Del Miedo" on some web stores. So I have some doubts if that's even the correct listing for it.

UHF has a different UPC code also. It looks like this is the correct Blu-ray UPC listing for UHF: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...n=826663153750

They just have the listings for Blu-ray & DVD flipped on that one, hence the cheap price on what's listed for the "Blu-ray" edition.

Last edited by Katatonia; 09-20-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #4112
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Nice prices!

The Doctor and the Devils has a different UPC than listed elsewhere for the Blu-ray. The UPC for it comes up as "El Eco Del Miedo" on some web stores. So I have some doubts if that's even the correct listing for it.

UHF has a different UPC code also. It looks like this is the correct Blu-ray UPC listing for UHF: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...n=826663153750

They just have the listings for Blu-ray & DVD flipped on that one, hence the cheap price on what's listed for the "Blu-ray" edition.
But then BestBuy.com, GoHastings.com and many other sites do seem to be using these UPC's though. (Amazon isn't) I'm guessing either the distributor screwed up or there's a common web content provider for BB/GH/etc that's fucked up.

Shout isn't putting out a DVD only version of UHF however. So I don't think there's a swap there.

Unfortunately Shout doesn't list UPC's on their site, so I'm not sure where to look for more definitive information. I'll see what shakes out over the next 30 days or so.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #4113
Mr.G
Victim

I'll give it a try. Love UHF.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #4114
ronnie21
HackMaster

wow WKRP series with all original music sounds temping, but the show had a lot of boring spots in it..
ronnie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:16 AM   #4115
chancetx
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
wow WKRP series with all original music sounds temping, but the show had a lot of boring spots in it..
It's not even all the original music. They've done a great job getting a majority of the original music but there are still major holdouts - Pink Floyd's "Dogs" from the turkey drop episode being a key example.

https://shoutfactory.com/tv/comedy/w...omplete-series

I loved the series when I was a kid/teen but having watched the reruns on AntennaTV recently, I have to agree with you. There were a LOT more dud episodes than I remembered. But I'm sure I'll still buy the set at some point. I own a lot worse TV series (I'm looking at you, "Joannie Loves Chachi"! )
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #4116
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Shout isn't putting out a DVD only version of UHF however. So I don't think there's a swap there.

Unfortunately Shout doesn't list UPC's on their site, so I'm not sure where to look for more definitive information. I'll see what shakes out over the next 30 days or so.
Yeah they do now, if you know how to look for it. Go to the item pages and then hover on "Pre-order" and you'll see the UPC (SKU) shown in the URL link.

My point was that Barnes and Noble has a "DVD version" listed for whatever reason, and the UPC listed for that (826663153750) matches what Shout has for the "Blu-ray" on their website:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...ersary-edition

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #4117
Mr.G
Victim

Heads up guys. I noticed the copy I ordered was switched to the DVD version. I realize shout doesn't currently list this edition but Barnes and Noble claim I will be receiving the DVD and NOT Blu ray.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote