Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN was...
Great 20 11.30%
Good 57 32.20%
Average 33 18.64%
Below average 21 11.86%
Awful 46 25.99%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #211
spawningblue
Deadite

I was too generous when I first viewed this film as I remember coming out of the theatre thinking it was okay. Now it is really hard to get through, as is the sequel. Zombie's problem isn't his Directing, he can actually create some pretty tense grisly scenes, and he knows full well how to stage/ frame a shot. He does a great job picking out his cinematographers as well. If there's one thing he excels at is creating some great scenes/ images. His problem is his terribly awful writing! All of his characters are so offensive and unlikeable that spout out some of the most repulsive unintelligent dialog ever put to paper. I'm sure there are many SOV films with bad dialog, but Zombie's scripts aren't just bad, they are insulting. At least he showed some promise in that regard with Lords of Salem, even if I didn't think the movie was very good.

I would definitely movie my vote from the Average or Good category to the Awful, same with the sequel. That scene at the breakfast table alone movies this film to the shit category. Don't even get me started on the sequel. I never thought it would be possible for some one to make me hate Loomis and Laurie's character, but Zombie proved me wrong there. I always use to state that if it wasn't a Halloween film and just some random slasher film I could probably enjoy it more, but I don't even know if that's true, because it still has the most annoying unlikeable characters and awful dialog. A few well staged kill scenes don't make a movie.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-07-2013 at 11:28 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #212
ImmortalSlasher
Victim

Movie is crap. Truly surprising in how bad it is. Lucky for me I barely remember it.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #213
maybrick
HackMaster

Zombie wouldn't be half as bad of a director if he devoted all of his time to actually directing. But no, he has to write everything as well. It takes a very special person to be able to do both of those things, but Rob just doesn't have what it takes. It's important to know one's limitations, and if he quits now after Lords of Salem then maybe he's finally learned.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote