dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Ghost Town (1988)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Cemetery Man
I'd be pretty excited about these as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
-Bad Taste
-Dead Alive
From what was discussed on this site, it seems Jackson has the rights to his older films, and is too busy with the Hobbit to deal with them now. So hopefully that means that these are eventually coming, but the bad news is that they might be a few years away.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #3992
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Texas Chainsaw 2 is possible.
MGM's Blu-ray of TCM2 is pretty decent, though (2 audio commentaries and a couple of featurettes). I guess there's room for improvement, but considering you can get that one for $10 or less, I don't really see Scream actively targeting it.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #3993
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
If the announcement is being made by Scream, as opposed to Shout Factory, then American Virgin is out.
Here's the listing in the Comic-Con program guide:

Brian Ward (DVD producer), Melissa Boag (VP, kids & family), and Jeff Nelson (senior marketing director) give you an exclusive sneak peek at upcoming Blu-ray and DVD collector's editions and make some very special announcements. Moderated by Kyle Anderson (Nerdist).

Friday July 25, 2014 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Room 23ABC

The fact that the "kids & family" rep is there means it will be all Shout genres, from horror to My Little Pony and Power Rangers. I would not count on those 10 titles to be all horror, not one bit.

I attended last year, and it is definitely a fun and informative panel. But after it ended, I got on this site using my smartphone to post their announcements, only to see someone else already tweeted them DURING the panel, and they were already listed here. So it's not like I have to attend; I'll get the info as it happens anyway, just like y'all. Starting to lean towards the Garfunkel & Oates concert instead...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #3994
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I remember being excited for Scream Factory's announcements last year during ComicCon, and getting... Saturn 3... and Eve Of Destruction... and Darkman, which was already available on blu-ray (same transfer)... and Assault On Precinct 13, also already available on blu-ray (same transfer)...

So let's keep those expectations in check, shall we?
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #3995
Paff

Yup, and the one thing I always mention is that with rare exceptions, companies will not announce titles they're "working on" or "trying to acquire", but only the ones that are 100% dead-on going-to-come-out for sure. Which means it's ones that have already been completed (in terms of the restoration or filmed extras), so they won't exactly be "secret". It's ones you've probably been hearing rumors about for a long time.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #3996
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I remember being excited for Scream Factory's announcements last year during ComicCon, and getting... Saturn 3... and Eve Of Destruction... and Darkman, which was already available on blu-ray (same transfer)... and Assault On Precinct 13, also already available on blu-ray (same transfer)...

So let's keep those expectations in check, shall we?
Exactly. I remember getting all hyped up last year and then they announced those, so needless to say, I'll keep my expectations in check this time around.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #3997
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'm sorry but I can't get excited for titles I already own being re-released in HD.

So I hope the announced titles are stuff that's never been released on DVD AND BLU before.

Doubtful but still.