Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #4216
gobad2003
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
How does it affect you? Well if you wanted a copy of Cavegirl, I do and I realize most don't care, he posted it ONCE the day it was released and then pulled it due to imaginary complaining on something or other. I have not seen it reposted since.
Already got Cavegirl, Day one purchase for me as is most of Code Red's releases Sorry you missed it, but I'm sure it'll be back or just e-mail him asking to purchase a copy, I'm sure he'd oblige.
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #4217
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
There was a photo of Daniel Roebuck posted on AVManiacs about a month before the DVD came out with captions that suggested he was thrilled there was finally a legit release of the film. I wonder how he feels about the DVD being yanked and nobody being able to buy a copy. Who's going to want to do business with a company that pulls these stunts?
Yeah, I would imagine he'd be pissed.

Daniel Roebuck is a really cool guy too... heavily into classic horror/monsters and magic/illusions. He's the one who basically put together the new Cavegirl DVD's bonus features, probably out of his own pocket.

I guess the DVD is currently near impossible to find. I'm just glad I grabbed a copy when I did.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #4218
crikan
HackMaster

We all know what to expect from Code Red at this point. If a person is interested in a Code Red title they should buy it as soon as its first available. If they don't than they have no one to blame but themselves. I've found all of this bitching about NIGHTMARE to be especially perplexing. It's been available numerous times. If its so damn important to people that they'll bitch incessantly on facebook and message boards than why the F... haven't they bought it already?

When I buy titles from Code Red I'm not supporting Bill. I'm supporting my movie collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
Well if you wanted a copy of Cavegirl, I do and I realize most don't care, he posted it ONCE the day it was released and then pulled it due to imaginary complaining on something or other. I have not seen it reposted since.
I feel like I've seen CAVEGIRL pop up numerous times. I think you are spreading misinformation.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #4219
Getmoredvdsout
Victim

The way I see it, if you are investing money in a business then you run it correctly. In this case it is movies.

So release the movies as best as you can, try and be reasonable with the price and make them available to as many people as possible with good customer service.

If companies like Code Red can't do that, then give the titles to someone that can. Simple I think
Getmoredvdsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #4220
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
We all know what to expect from Code Red at this point. If a person is interested in a Code Red title they should buy it as soon as its first available. If they don't than they have no one to blame but themselves. I've found all of this bitching about NIGHTMARE to be especially perplexing. It's been available numerous times. If its so damn important to people that they'll bitch incessantly on facebook and message boards than why the F... haven't they bought it already?
Who knows. A lot of people just wait around and hope for the eventual price reduction or holiday sale, etc. But if they wait around too long just to save a few measly bucks, they often pay more in the end if it's something they really want bad enough.

I generally just buy the small studio releases straight away if I really want them, including Code Red. Smaller studio releases have a high tendency to suddenly go OOP quickly for various reasons. Big studios are another matter, they are usually always easy to get for years down the road unless it's an exclusive or strictly limited release.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:31 AM   #4221
highclassrob
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post

When I buy titles from Code Red I'm not supporting Bill. I'm supporting my movie collection.

I feel like I've seen CAVEGIRL pop up numerous times. I think you are spreading misinformation.
Nope not at all. It's not there right now, hasn't been in the past.mive been looking to buy it so I keep checking.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #4222
Stige
HackMaster

Diadolik has nightmare and just before dawn for all us foreign buyers
Also some scorpion titles
Stige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #4223
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I ordered Nightmare, Messiah, and Butcher Baker on Oct 27th, but still haven't received them. I'll give it a few more days before contacting him though. Weird, because Code Red's shipping is usually lightning fast.

Also, the store is down for maintenance. He teased a 4 movie horror blu-ray bundle not too long ago, maybe that's being added?

...Or maybe it's just down for maintenance.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #4224
Christy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I ordered Nightmare, Messiah, and Butcher Baker on Oct 27th, but still haven't received them. I'll give it a few more days before contacting him though. Weird, because Code Red's shipping is usually lightning fast.

Also, the store is down for maintenance. He teased a 4 movie horror blu-ray bundle not too long ago, maybe that's being added?

...Or maybe it's just down for maintenance.

I used to get packages from code red from California. Now I get the packages from Washington so I guess they moved. Shipping has been a bit slow as of late from code red.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #4225
gunner
Cropsy Maniac

I'm eagerly awaiting the Andy Milligan trio blu-ray bundle, which I ordered way back when it was first put up for pre-order for beginning of November. It's now mid Nov, still nothing yet. What will these Milligan films look like on blu? I can't wait! Just to see the spines in my collection. Brings the bottom shelf of an 80's mom & pop vhs horror section to the high definition age. I can remember being traumatized by Torture Dungeon's big vhs box as a kid. These releases aren't getting much buzz.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #4226
Undeadcow
Stalker

On Facebook Code Red posted they expected the Milligan films by now but they were unavoidablely delayed 2 weeks. Also that Sweet Sixteen had a delay due to minor flaw on test disc.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-16-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Undeadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #4227
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I'm willing to bet the issue with Sweet Sixteen has something to do with the alternate footage. Maybe he's trying to do seamless branching and it's not working out. I hope this gets resolved and is still in the pipeline for next month - it's the only release I was looking forward to for the rest of the year (once it was revealed it was a possibility). Is the Milligan stuff part of the upcoming bundle?

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 11-16-2014 at 06:36 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote