Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: What's the worst Dracula movie?
Billy the Kid vs. Dracula 1 3.13%
Count Dracula's Great Love 0 0%
Die Hard Dracula 0 0%
Doctor Dracula 0 0%
Dracula (The Dirty Old Man) 0 0%
Dracula 2000 4 12.50%
Dracula II: Ascension 0 0%
Dracula III: Legacy 0 0%
Dracula 3D 10 31.25%
Dracula AD 1972 0 0%
Dracula: Dead & Loving It 5 15.63%
Dracula's Dog 1 3.13%
Killer Barbys vs. Dracula 1 3.13%
Mama Dracula 0 0%
Son of Dracula (1974) 1 3.13%
Tendre Dracula 0 0%
The Satanic Rites of Dracula 0 0%
Blood of Dracula's Castle 1 3.13%
Dracula 3000 7 21.88%
Other (specify in thread)... 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2014, 01:41 AM   #16
bigwes15
Maniac

Funny this came up-I actually just watched Dracula 3000 on Netflix last week. Yes, it was terrible..and the Dracula character was one of the worst portrayals I have seen....BUUUTT I did have some fun with the atrocious overacting from Coolio and Tiny Lister. Therefore, my vote went to Dracula Dead and Loving it- just complete crap. I haven't seen the Argento one yet, but will hesitantly dip in sometime soon. At least Asia is nude again in it, right?
bigwes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:51 AM   #17
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes15 View Post
At least Asia is nude again in it, right?
Of course! It's a family tradition. And what loving father passes up the opportunity to see his daughter naked and photograph her so all the world can appreciate her charms?

Something tells me Argento's analyst could get a lot of mileage out of his relationship with Asia. Can anyone think of a similar father/daughter situation in the film industry? Directing your daughter in a nude scene once probably qualifies as unusual. But repeatedly like this?
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorscreamer View Post
Dracula 3000 was awful yes, BUT at least it had a "fresh" angle with it being in space.
I could shoot a YouTube movie where Dracula was a free-floating turd in a space toilet, making him a uretic vampire and call the angle "refreshing" and it would almost surely be fresher than Dracula 3000.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes15 View Post
Therefore, my vote went to Dracula Dead and Loving it- just complete crap.
Eh, I never got the hate for that. It isn't much different from the beloved Young Frankenstein. I thought the casting all around was excellent. I'm not saying it's Mel Brook's finest hour but you could do a lot worse in the horror/comedy section; a LOT worse.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #20
pearced
Screamy Bopper

I'm surprised this list has Dracula AD 1972 and Satanic Rites of Dracula, which are at least kitschy good fun, but not the very worst Hammer Dracula movie, Scars of Dracula. It opens with Drac being revived by a rubber bat drooling blood into his coffin, and only gets worse from there.
pearced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearced View Post
I'm surprised this list has Dracula AD 1972 and Satanic Rites of Dracula, which are at least kitschy good fun, but not the very worst Hammer Dracula movie, Scars of Dracula. It opens with Drac being revived by a rubber bat drooling blood into his coffin, and only gets worse from there.
I actually like this one quite a bit. The bat effects are ludicrous (as they are in all Hammer films). But this is by far the most mean-spirited of the Hammer Draculas. It's fun to see Lee wielding daggers and scorching hot swords. And he looks particularly cadaverous. I'd definitely put it on par with A.D. 1972 and Satanic Rites.

Scars would make a good double feature with Count Yorga, Vampire. They share similar early 70s sensibilities even though Scars is a period piece.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #22
pearced
Screamy Bopper

Yeah it's mean spirited, but it's also a movie where Dracula stabs someone. What a waste of good blood! The whole thing looks cheap and my god Dennis Waterman is a charisma vacuum. I watched all 10 Hammer Dracula movies in the space of a week, and this was by far the worst; even Legend of the Seven Golden Vampire, without Lee but with kung fu, was better.
pearced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #23
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearced View Post
Yeah it's mean spirited, but it's also a movie where Dracula stabs someone. What a waste of good blood! The whole thing looks cheap and my god Dennis Waterman is a charisma vacuum. I watched all 10 Hammer Dracula movies in the space of a week, and this was by far the worst; even Legend of the Seven Golden Vampire, without Lee but with kung fu, was better.
To each their own. I find a lot more to nitpick in AD 1972, Satanic Rites, and even Taste The Blood Of Dracula--which is hardly a Dracula movie at all. I wouldn't single out Waterman for abuse either. This series isn't especially notable for its male leads. Cushing is fantastic across the board. And the other Van Helsing stand-ins are all good to excellent. But the romantic male leads are usually proper and dull English gentlemen, there just to move the plot forward. Even the usually fantastic Michal Gough turns in his worst work in this series. Check out the Horror Of Dracula Blu-ray commentary to hear him get justifiably skewered.