Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
He possibly referring to modern American horror.
No, it's horror in general. There's a hellish glut of it to the point it's an abused and worn out genre. You walk into a best buy or turn on netflix you see nothing but titles like Crackheads vs. Zombies or Sasquatch Zombie Chainsaw Massacre or Badass Crackhead Werewolves vs. Zombie Vampire Assholes. I understand homage, I get it, I've done it, but my god. It has literally turned to the point where even the classics are boring or even a turn off for me.

A horror fan doesn't invest in horror anymore because it is a waste of time, sadly.

Note: While I made up titles to prove a point here they will most likely be made by someone within the next few weeks.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist View Post
No, it's horror in general. There's a hellish glut of it to the point it's an abused and worn out genre. You walk into a best buy or turn on netflix you see nothing but titles like Crackheads vs. Zombies or Sasquatch Zombie Chainsaw Massacre or Badass Crackhead Werewolves vs. Zombie Vampire Assholes. I understand homage, I get it, I've done it, but my god. It has literally turned to the point where even the classics are boring or even a turn off for me.

A horror fan doesn't invest in horror anymore because it is a waste of time, sadly.

Note: While I made up titles to prove a point here they will most likely be made by someone within the next few weeks.

Well aren't you a Debbie Downer.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I saw some previews of this and it just seems to mix-tape like for me. Cool concept, but I have no desire to sit through endless onscreen deaths just for the hell of it.

As for horror being a waste time, well for me modern day horror is a waste of time. I think the invention of digital film has a lot to do with it. Back in the day you were forced to attempt something interesting with limited resources which included film itself. Since film is now digital you can lazily shoot whatever kind of garbage you want over and over without being constrained to film like you once were.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
Workshed
October!

I love the concept. Saw an ad for this at my local indie cinema and will definitely check it out, realizing that of course it's a mixed bag.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
I saw some previews of this and it just seems to mix-tape like for me. Cool concept, but I have no desire to sit through endless onscreen deaths just for the hell of it.

As for horror being a waste time, well for me modern day horror is a waste of time. I think the invention of digital film has a lot to do with it. Back in the day you were forced to attempt something interesting with limited resources which included film itself. Since film is now digital you can lazily shoot whatever kind of garbage you want over and over without being constrained to film like you once were.
I think you're right about the fact that because digital is so cheap that will invite a ton of hack filmmakers. Yet on the other hand it will also open the door to talented filmakers who may not in normal circumstances get the resources to get their stuff out there. It all evens out, We as fans just need to do more work in finding those gems.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist View Post
Badass Crackhead Werewolves vs. Zombie Vampire Assholes
I saw this the other day in the dump bin at Wally World for $5.
It was the Español version, sans a 'Merican audio track - so I passed.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
myhorror
Stalker

http://drafthouse-films.myshopify.co...bcsofdeathbook

Limited to only 666 copies...seems the majority in here didn't care for the film but thought maybe someone who is a collector would like this.
myhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
cjg
Maniac

Just watched this and boy is this one big bore fest, had a hard time getting through the whole thing, what a relief when they got to the letter Z.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

This was by far one of the worst movies I've ever sat through.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #25
Paff

Enjoyed some, hated others. The concept does get a little exhausting (which is a shame, as X was one of the better entries). I was watching that O one, and said to myself, "this has to be the duo that made Amer", and sure enough I was right. Those two infuriate me. They either can't tell a story, or don't have a story to tell period. Probably a combination of the two.

I also enjoyed I,L,R, and T off the top of my head.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #26
buck135
The Duke of New York

Once I saw dog fighting, I was done. Nothing leading up to whichever letter that was impressed me.