Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #241
deepred
Maniac

I think THIS release was stunning and I have no regrets about what I paid for it. I'm excited for their other Argento releases.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #242
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I just "ordered" the Arrow steelbook (thanks, Othervoice!), although going through this thread, is it correct that it's only a stereo mix? Seriously? I mean, the above mentioned laserdiscs are Dolby Digital 5.1!
Do the Arrow releases even have stereo mixes? I thought those releases had English and Italian mono mixes encoded to LPCM 2.0.

Edit: Disregard. The Arrow releases have stereo Italian and mono English tracks. No stereo English on the Arrow release.

No 5.1 multichannel for either Arrow or Synapse.

Last edited by zbinks; 12-20-2013 at 10:37 PM.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #243
Franco
Weekender

Most or all of the Synapse releases are great ones? I have never bought their movies but for what I read it seems they do have a great/good work going there.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #244
killit
Maniac

Quote:
You know, you guys are spoiled. The first time the Demons films were given a decent disc release was in 1998, when The Roan Group released them on Laserdisc as part of their "Spaghetti Nightmares Collection" (which also included top notch SE discs of The Bird With the Crystal Plumage, Phenomena, and Tenebre). List price was $49.95 on each of those, in 1998 dollars.

I just "ordered" the Arrow steelbook (thanks, Othervoice!), although going through this thread, is it correct that it's only a stereo mix? Seriously? I mean, the above mentioned laserdiscs are Dolby Digital 5.1!
Lol, I bought those day one, all of em, Loved those discs and covers. By the time I sold my lasers, they were down to 5 bucks a piece open market, and then the dvd ports, and then the surprisingly nice anamorphic re-issues. Only ones I didn't partake in was the tempting Japanese and german editions. So it's entitlement lol, not being spoiled!
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #245
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by killit View Post
I actually think you're right on the money, however you will probably benefit from steep discounts opposed to the suckers (me) who paid 100 for both. That being said, I LOVE both films and I'm not sad about the price anymore, my only gripe is for the price, I would liked to have seen every extra ever done on a demons release and interviews with the leads
I was thinking that could possibly happen too. I guess time will tell.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #246
Stige
HackMaster

Got the first one , took a glance through the feature. The steelbook is a thing of beauty and part two is now ordered, what the hell need something to cheer up my christmas
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #247
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Seriously? I mean, the above mentioned laserdiscs are Dolby Digital 5.1!
The original 2.0 tracks sound much better. The 5.1 ones was just "overcooked" and muddy in comparision. Especially the "Accept" song is much clearer in the stereo mix. Just because itīs remixed in 5.1, doesnīt mean itīs better.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #248
spawningblue
Deadite

I'm watching the Blus for the first time. Which do you guys think is the best way to watch these films, Italian track with subtitles, or in English? If English, which is the better of the two for Demons? Usually I always go with the Italian tracks and subtitles, but I know there are the rare cases where the English track is actually the preferred track.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #249
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I'm watching the Blus for the first time. Which do you guys think is the best way to watch these films, Italian track with subtitles, or in English? If English, which is the better of the two for Demons? Usually I always go with the Italian tracks and subtitles, but I know there are the rare cases where the English track is actually the preferred track.
When it comes italian film I usually watch the english track. Since they often even dub the Italian track since many times imported actors couldn't speak italian and just said there lines in there native language . Not sure how things were done with Demons. For all other foreign films I'll choose subtitles.

Last edited by Ash28M; 04-18-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #250
Steel76
Maniac

Most of the Italian genre films back in the 80:s was made for the international market, and the dialog was done in English. Many of the International cast was also involved with the English dubbing as well, so you actually get the voices of the actors themselves. I only watch with the Italian tracks, if the movie was done for the Italian market.

But, I actually recommend giving the Italian track a try on Demons, since there is some additional dialogue in some scenes.