Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #4126
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

https://www.facebook.com/groups/417282931743579/

I only post this because it was publicly posted on a FB page for Code Red (not the official one though, but a page called "The Code Red of the Scorpion's Releasing"... nice grammar).

Bill actually accuses Don May Jr of stating that he at one point had a sniper rifle aimed at Bill's head...

Seriously guys, I know you want these releases but for the love of fuck, STOP SUPPORTING THIS MAN. He'll give up the rights to the films you want (eventually) and they will likely end up in more capable hands. At this point, a ball of pocket lint is more capable of handling this stuff.

Stop. Feeding. Bill.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #4127
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptflea2 View Post
It's not a very good movie at all.
The same can be said of a lot of the movies we like. I'm surprised at all the love Mortuary gets. It's not a bottom of the barrel slasher, but it has no real strengths either, unless you get a kick out of seeing Bill Paxton before he was famous.

But as for Lady Stay Dead, we all know that Bill is temperamental, and that he sometimes makes excentric business decisions. Whether or not Lady Stay Dead is one of them remains to be seen. I'll probably give it a go.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #4128
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
The same can be said of a lot of the movies we like. I'm surprised at all the love Mortuary gets. It's not a bottom of the barrel slasher, but it has no real strengths either, unless you get a kick out of seeing Bill Paxton before he was famous.
I absolutely love the music score to Mortuary although it is a Scorpion release and not Code Red. I actually think it's one of the better horror scores from the early 80's. I'm surprised it still has no CD or Vinyl release... but perhaps the original audio reel elements no longer exist.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #4129
Stige
HackMaster

hmmm I have Lady stay dead on VHS, nostalgia alert think I'm gonna give it a play

EDIT: the VHS was moooooooore than enough

Last edited by Stige; 09-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #4130
cjg
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post

I only post this because it was publicly posted on a FB page for Code Red (not the official one though, but a page called "The Code Red of the Scorpion's Releasing"... nice grammar).

Bill actually accuses Don May Jr of stating that he at one point had a sniper rifle aimed at Bill's head...

Seriously guys, I know you want these releases but for the love of fuck, STOP SUPPORTING THIS MAN. He'll give up the rights to the films you want (eventually) and they will likely end up in more capable hands. At this point, a ball of pocket lint is more capable of handling this stuff.

Stop. Feeding. Bill.

Agree 100%
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #4131
Steel76
Maniac

Yeah, not supporting this psycho anymore.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #4132
crikan
HackMaster

Its some terrible timing on this last set Blu-ray pre-orders. I'd be interested but with Deep Discount and ImportCDs upcoming Big Sale I'm having a hard time parting with my money on high priced Code Red product. There is also the expensive HALLOWEEN and STRAY CAT ROCK sets as well as the Nightbreed LE eating up a lot of my budget. I probably would have been all over this latest Code Red pre-order if it would have come earlier in the year. The titles are compelling but not an average of $22.50 each during the prime release season.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #4133
Getmoredvdsout
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
Its some terrible timing on this last set Blu-ray pre-orders. I'd be interested but with Deep Discount and ImportCDs upcoming Big Sale I'm having a hard time parting with my money on high priced Code Red product. There is also the expensive HALLOWEEN and STRAY CAT ROCK sets as well as the Nightbreed LE eating up a lot of my budget. I probably would have been all over this latest Code Red pre-order if it would have come earlier in the year. The titles are compelling but not an average of $22.50 each during the prime release season.
When does the ImportCDs sale start? Is it 10% off or more?

Last edited by Getmoredvdsout; 09-23-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Getmoredvdsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #4134
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getmoredvdsout View Post
When does the ImportCDs sale start? Is it 10% off or more?
Its been %10 in the past. Usually starts the last week of October.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #4135
Getmoredvdsout
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
Its been %10 in the past. Usually starts the last week of October.
Thanks mate
Getmoredvdsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:34 AM   #4136
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlockjock81 View Post

i only post this because it was publicly posted on a fb page for code red (not the official one though, but a page called "the code red of the scorpion's releasing"... Nice grammar).

Bill actually accuses don may jr of stating that he at one point had a sniper rifle aimed at bill's head...

Seriously guys, i know you want these releases but for the love of fuck, stop supporting this man. He'll give up the rights to the films you want (eventually) and they will likely end up in more capable hands. At this point, a ball of pocket lint is more capable of handling this stuff.

Stop. Feeding. Bill.
+1
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #4137
Undeadcow
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post

Stop. Feeding. Bill.
I maintain that Bill is not really as eccentric and he portrays himself but that much of it is dramatic self promotion and marketing.

I'm fairly sure Code Red would not win any serious bidding wars to obtain titles; assuming that some other label will just release stuff like Mary Mary Bloody Mary or Neon Maniacs might not necessarily be the case.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 09-24-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Undeadcow is offline   Reply With Quote