Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > News

Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #736
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Yeah I broke down and bought it a while back and thought is was pretty bad. My initial reason for buying it was cause it was only available on a very rare VHS. The film though bored me to tears and even the big fat tits couldn't save it from stinking.
Yea after hearing Ronnie go on and on about it I was expecting something pretty fun and better than Deathstalker. Instead this one ended up being a snoozer
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #737
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Yea after hearing Ronnie go on and on about it I was expecting something pretty fun and better than Deathstalker. Instead this one ended up being a snoozer

I'm sure he pops and wets his whistle when he sees those big titties.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #738
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Blind-bought The Mafu Cage after reading about it in Nightmare USA. Any fans?

Looks like the DVD is loaded with extras, the interviews with Carol Kane and Lee Grant should be worth the price alone.
I've had the VHS for a few years but never watched it. I too just grabbed the DVD because it is going OOP.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #739
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I've had the VHS for a few years but never watched it. I too just grabbed the DVD because it is going OOP.
It was a strange one, for sure. I liked it, but I'm still not sure to what extent. It's always fun to see Griffith Park Observatory, and it gets a lot of exposure here, including a brief appearance by the pendulum when you walk in the front doors. Fun to see what it looked like in the '70s compared to now. Carol Kane is fantastic, you could do worse than watching her and Lee Grant for 90 minutes. For some reason, it kept bringing to mind The Killing Kind.

Regardless of whether you like the movie or not, it's worth picking up for the extras alone. There's nearly 2 hours of interviews and it's completely engaging. Great release. Shame it's going out of print, short of a hi-def release I can't imagine this being topped.