Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > Laserdisc

Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #46
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Some of my LD/VHS look better if not superior to their DVD counterpart.
I have a handful of movies (mostly HK flicks) that I have on both LD and DVD, and the DVD is non-anamorphic. I prefer the LD on those by a long way.

Of course, an anamorphic DVD or Blu-Ray.....well, anyone wanna buy a used LD?

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #47
Dave
Pimp

I still love the format but have to admit it's been a while since I have spun a disc. I moved recently and did not enjoy carrying my few remaining laserdisc boxes. Damn those things are heavy. I still consider a high end player on occasion but always talk myself out of it. Maybe someday, though, but it's unlikely. I almost bought Mission Impossible 2 on a Japanese site for an unheard of $200 or so. I decided against it. I likely would have just sold it for some profit but it still wasn't worth all the effort. It is amazing some of those last lasers command such high prices.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #48
Dave
Pimp

I still love the format but have to admit it's been a while since I have spun a disc. I moved recently and did not enjoy carrying my few remaining laserdisc boxes. Damn those things are heavy. I still consider a high end player on occasion but always talk myself out of it. Maybe someday, though, but it's unlikely. I almost bought Mission Impossible 2 on a Japanese site for an unheard of $200 or so. I decided against it. I likely would have just sold it for some profit but it still wasn't worth all the effort. It is amazing some of those last lasers command such high prices.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #49
Sam
Maniac

CDJapan was practically giving those 'last releases' away about 10 years ago, IIRC. I picked up 6th Day, The Sixth Sense, MI:2, The Beach and several others for like $10 each plus shipping from Japan. And then, of course, a few years later they became hot property to collectors and I sold every single one of them. Owning some of those was cool, but I've kind of gotten over the novelty of having movies I don't care for just because they were released around the time of the format's funeral. That said, I do cherish several LDs that I'll likely never watch again on LD, such as the "blood red" Evil Dead II disc.

Last edited by Sam; 08-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #50
polyex
Screamy Bopper

I can not put anything on my speakers, they just roll off from the vibration.
polyex is offline   Reply With Quote