Night of the Demons (1988) 22 36.67%
Demons (1985) 38 63.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #31
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I actually just re watched Demons 2 and really enjoyed it this time around. I guess Demons 2 has the better story, but I don't think it's a strong point in either of them, and I actually preferred the soundtrack in Demons 2 better. That being said, I still think the first film is the better film, it just moves at a better pace for me and is much more fun.
I hear you. And that's your opinion.

But bad FX, bad music, and a bad look to a movie can't drag down A-quality story, characters, writing, etc. This obviously is not Demons 2 I'm describing, but you get my point.

A bad story, characters, or just a terrible execution of plot by incompetent filmmakers can indeed strongly cripple a movie that is artificially good. Which is in fact the original Demons. A film with many good moments, quite a few very bad ones, but not a good whole.

The difference between the two films is radically little. Demons 2 just tries harder. And I know for a fact that people stay longer with a film because they're interested in something beyond its artifice. This is in fact true with most people.

That's my opinion. The one I've also come to discover is much more truthful to the way things are. It actually applies for people who don't watch these movies and to movies they watch that I will never.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 AM   #32
rift
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
I hear you. And that's your opinion.

But bad FX, bad music, and a bad look to a movie can't drag down A-quality story, characters, writing, etc. This obviously is not Demons 2 I'm describing, but you get my point.

A bad story, characters, or just a terrible execution of plot by incompetent filmmakers can indeed strongly cripple a movie that is artificially good. Which is in fact the original Demons. A film with many good moments, quite a few very bad ones, but not a good whole.

The difference between the two films is radically little. Demons 2 just tries harder. And I know for a fact that people stay longer with a film because they're interested in something beyond its artifice. This is in fact true with most people.

That's my opinion. The one I've also come to discover is much more truthful to the way things are. It actually applies for people who don't watch these movies and to movies they watch that I will never.
rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #33
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

Night of the Demons
Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #34
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Demons. Easily. Hell I prefer Demons 2 over Night of the Demons as well. Not that I don't like Notd, I just prefer the Italian-ness of the Demons movies. They're actually some of my all-time favourites and most watched horror movies.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #35
Vortex
Stalker

Demons with ease. Night of the Demons is mind-numbingly bad. Doesn't possess one redeeming quality.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #36
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Demons with ease. Night of the Demons is mind-numbingly bad. Doesn't possess one redeeming quality.
(Thank you!)

And even I was kinder to the movie than that, all you who thought I was too hard on it. Amelia Kincaid still has that dance sequence, after all.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
chancetx
Stalker

I had to go with "Demons." I caught it late one night on cable when I was sick. Talk about a fever dream!

"Night of the Demons" is trippy in its own way but just never captured me the same way.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote