Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
X-human
I ate my keys

MANOS - The Hands of Felt DVD

I could of sworn I posted about the original show a year or so ago but I can't find it anywhere so I'll make a new post.

Quote:
The worst movie of all time brought to terrifying puppet life!

MANOS - The Hands of Felt is a giddy puppet musical re-imagining of the cult classic MANOS: The Hands of Fate. The film's story of a family vacation gone horribly wrong combines with the backstage drama of a movie shoot gone horribly wrong to tell the bizarre tale of fertilizer salesman-turned-film director Harold P. Warren. With song and dance numbers. And puppets.

Since its 2011 debut, many people on the internet have said they are interested in witnessing MANOS - The Hands of Felt for themselves. So we're remounting the show for four Seattle performances in August 2013. To help it get to a wider audience, we'd also like to film it. This is where you come in.

We're asking for your help to create a high quality DVD of MANOS - The Hands of Felt. Here's the plan: During the second weekend of the MANOS run, we want to film each performance. Then after closing night, we'll do an extra day of shooting with a backer-only audience to pick up any moments we've missed, get tighter shots, audience reaction shots, etc. We'll use that footage to create a DVD of the show, which backers will get before anyone else.

So our KickStarter budget covers the basic basics of filming (equipment rental, personnel, etc) and DVD production (editing, reproducing), some nuts and bolts stuff (space rental), plus it will allow us to custom build the rest of the MANOS puppet cast (last time we had to do a mix of custom building and pulling from stock).
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ds-of-felt-dvd

Sounds awesome and I'm throwing some money in on here. Being there for the filming is tempting too as I have relatives near there I could visit...

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
booper71
HackMaster

Looks like Crank Yankers!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
X-human
I ate my keys

One week in and they're 45% funded. They've also added tiers for Canadians:
Quote:
Hello, Canada!

Due to popular demand, or rather, several very polite requests, we've added tiers that include shipping the DVD and Signed Poster to Canada. So if you're in Canada (hi!) and pledged at the Digital Download level but actually wanted something more, I think Kickstarter makes it fairly easy to adjust your pledge. Just sayin'.

p.s. If you're in Canada (hi!) and wanted the Torgo or The Master tiers (hel-LO!), message me directly and we'll work that out.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
X-human
I ate my keys

I'm posting some backers only swag in the form of finger puppets of The Master and Torgo. No I won't post the original worksheets.
I printed out The Master in color at work and he's awesome. I'll print Torgo soon. All you penny pinchers are missing out.

I should have updated this days ago but the Kickstarter has reached its goal:
Quote:
Project Update #4: GOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL!

And there it is. There we are. We've hit out minimum funding goal.
We get to make this crazy thing!

Thank you all, so, so much for wanting this to happen enough to make it possible for it to happen.
THANK YOU!!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go lay on the floor for a little while. In a happy way.
- Rachel

I'm very happy to see this get funding and can't wait for the DVD. My only wish is that Blu-ray was in the mix, but hopefully down the road that'll happen too.

Last edited by X-human; 06-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
X-human
I ate my keys

The Kickstarter investors received their digital downloads about a month ago but only now was I able to sit down and check it out.

I was a little worried going it 'cause it opens with some of the original movie footage but once that "establishing shot" was out of the way it became the wonderful puppet show I was hoping for. It's a very stage bound grassroots affair but that's what Kickstarters are all about. The entire cast of puppeteers are great with many of them even switching who plays the same character between scenes with no real lose of continuity. 'Course the most iconic character Torgo is really awesome, with the puppeteer getting the walk down perfectly.

I'm downloading the commentary now and will hopefully get time to watch that real soon. Looks like Christmas 'came early for me this year.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
X-human
I ate my keys

Available now direct: http://www.puppetmanos.com/p/shop_5.html
and Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MANOS-Hands-Fe...dp/B00IIC8PFY/

I did finally get the time to watch my 720p digital download and it's really quite fun; takes a little while to soak it all in. I'd never seen a full stage production with puppets like that but it works really well and the puppeteer for Torgo is really excellent. While they obviously don't take it too seriously they take the craft of puppetting very seriously so it makes for a great show.

The commentary is a blast and worth the extra $10 to order that direct from the site (includes S&H).