Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #3226
foller
Stalker
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 324
I tried to purchase it but it is still not available for international buyers
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #3227
Stige
HackMaster
 
Stige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stavanger,Norway
Posts: 1,499
Hoping for Diabolik to get it in here
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #3228
Ptflea2
Maniac
 
Ptflea2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 994
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered mine. As Bart Scott would say "Can't wait!"
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #3229
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by foller View Post
I tried to purchase it but it is still not available for international buyers
Bill mentioned that overseas customers can send him an e-mail and he will send them a PayPal invoice, but only if they have ordered something from the BigCartel site before. He's been having a lot of issues with customs / chargebacks lately, so he will only sell them to established customers for the time being.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #3230
Christy
Stalker
 
Christy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Bill mentioned that overseas customers can send him an e-mail and he will send them a PayPal invoice, but only if they have ordered something from the BigCartel site before. He's been having a lot of issues with customs / chargebacks lately, so he will only sell them to established customers for the time being.


Well that sucks and explains why he no longer want's to ship internationally.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #3231
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Are the new Blu's ready to ship? I don't see the "I'll Ship When I Receive Stock" disclaimer anymore. Bill ships fast so I might be enjoying JBD in glorious high-def by Thursday
They must be if he took that disclaimer down. I ordered mine back on 10/29, so it should arrive any day now I would expect.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #3232
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
I haven't pre-ordered yet, but only because I've been waiting on Trick Or Treats. The second that goes up (should be this week), I will be ordering it with Just Before Dawn.

It's only a $2 shipping discount, but there's so much good stuff coming out lately that every penny counts.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #3233
The Tall Man
Stalker
 
The Tall Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Land Down Under
Posts: 318
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...rseas-shipping



Due to an extremely high volume of overseas customers saying, "I didn't receive the package", and multiple chargebacks via paypal (I received one Canadian who did a chargeback after 15 days), New rules have to be enforced for customers outside the U.S.

- Due to one buyer who got cracked dvd cases (3 separate transactions!), we now offer cardboard mailers. It'll be an additional $1 for the mailer and the shipping rate will also go up due to the weight of the box.

- We can not honor anything lost in the mail. We will have the custom number by request. Way too many packages (especially Canada) seem to be getting lost. I talked to 4 different post offices this past week, and two of them said that they have never encountered any bulk sellers with the magnitude of Code Red problems. They think since Code Red product is rare, people are stealing from me or even stealing from the buyer? It always seems to be mailing more than 3 items is the #1 target.

- Multiple emails regarding, "I paid big bucks for shipping, where’s the tracking?" Well, mail costs went up, so the money (minus paypal fees) is not enough to put any kind of postal tracking. USPS does not offer tracking for overseas, but offers registered mail which is an additional $14.

- If DVD is loose in the case, we can’t honor another disc to be mailed. This is why I suggest that buyers who are concerned about loose discs to ask in advance for us to open the dvd/blu to secure the disc before sending the item.

If all these guidelines are understandable, then please feel free to buy. But if you’re outside the U.S., don’t expect a package to arrive within 7 days and start sending harassing e-mails when it doesn’t. Thank you.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #3234
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster
 
elDomenechHDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,078
Bill could use a couple of employees. Hell, I would volunteer if I lived in Washington state (or L.A., wherever they package this stuff). I can't even begin to imagine a one-man operation where you do ALL the work, including trekking out to the Post Office, getting on long lines and then dealing with impatient customers. At the very least he should have someone part-time doing customer service online, answering questions, that sort of thing. You have to admire the guy's resilience.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #3235
Christy
Stalker
 
Christy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...rseas-shipping

Due to an extremely high volume of overseas customers saying, "I didn't receive the package", and multiple chargebacks via paypal (I received one Canadian who did a chargeback after 15 days), New rules have to be enforced for customers outside the U.S.

- Due to one buyer who got cracked dvd cases (3 separate transactions!), we now offer cardboard mailers. It'll be an additional $1 for the mailer and the shipping rate will also go up due to the weight of the box.

- We can not honor anything lost in the mail. We will have the custom number by request. Way too many packages (especially Canada) seem to be getting lost. I talked to 4 different post offices this past week, and two of them said that they have never encountered any bulk sellers with the magnitude of Code Red problems. They think since Code Red product is rare, people are stealing from me or even stealing from the buyer? It always seems to be mailing more than 3 items is the #1 target.

- Multiple emails regarding, "I paid big bucks for shipping, whereís the tracking?" Well, mail costs went up, so the money (minus paypal fees) is not enough to put any kind of postal tracking. USPS does not offer tracking for overseas, but offers registered mail which is an additional $14.

- If DVD is loose in the case, we canít honor another disc to be mailed. This is why I suggest that buyers who are concerned about loose discs to ask in advance for us to open the dvd/blu to secure the disc before sending the item.

If all these guidelines are understandable, then please feel free to buy. But if youíre outside the U.S., donít expect a package to arrive within 7 days and start sending harassing e-mails when it doesnít. Thank you.
Can't say I blame code red for pulling the plug after reading this.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #3236
maniac666
Stalker
 
maniac666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Montreal,Qc,Canada
Posts: 152
Code Red is now taking international orders.i've just ordered JBD.9.00$ of shipping for Canada.That's ok for me!Can't wait to see this gem on blu!!
__________________
I hate those creepy little girls...
maniac666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #3237
Christy
Stalker
 
Christy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac666 View Post
Code Red is now taking international orders.i've just ordered JBD.9.00$ of shipping for Canada.That's ok for me!Can't wait to see this gem on blu!!

It would in fact appear code red is now taking international orders.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #3238
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer
 
Mutilated Prey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texarkana
Posts: 5,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
I also never admited to being a scalper those were words thrown around by mutilated prey.
You said buy 2 and resell the other later cause it could be limited...make a few extra pennies (I took that as a figure of speech). Whatever you meant or whatever you intend to doesn't matter to me - just saying off the cuff it sounded like price hiking, people will freak and like shape22 said I was just looking out for you. I wasn't trying to start a mutiny. It's all good
__________________
Mutilated Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #3239
Nailwraps
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,438
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=799
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #3240
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Can't say I blame code red for pulling the plug after reading this.

Typical Code Red. So because of a couple of spaz buyers, they have to play the victim as usual and now everyone has to pay $9 to ship to Canada? That's bullshit. I can't justify paying that much for one DVD. That's almost 3 times the actual shipping cost.

Last edited by Ash28M; 11-05-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com