Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #391
shape22
HackMaster

Add me to the skeptical group. I'll believe this film is actually coming when the cameras start to roll.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #392
dave13
HackMaster

Does anybody really believe that if this film were actually to happen, it would be at all worthwhile? Maybe I'm just cynical, but the only thing that would surprise me more than this actually getting made would be if it were even a fraction as good as the first 3.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #393
Workshed
October!

Fede Alvarez is not directing ED Remake Sequel [EDIT: new reports state otherwise. ]

Quote:
After a confusing back-and-forth about a possible sequel to the 2013 Evil Dead remake, co-writer Rodo Sayagues has confirmed he and director Fede Alvarez are no longer attached to the project. This marks a drastic change from last March, when Alvarez announced at SXSW that he had begun work on a sequel. Although, red flags were also raised at Comic-Con in July, when Alvarez admitted he didn't yet know what kind of story he wanted to tell.

Now, in a Spanish-language interview with Gorosito TV, Sayagues explains, “Evil Dead 2 is not going to happen, at least not with us involved. We departed from that project many months ago because we preferred to invest in some other things, and I have no idea if the producers still want to make it. So the only thing I can tell you about it is that we are not part of it as of now.”
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.

Last edited by Workshed; 10-31-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #394
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
This new disappointing me greatly
Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #395
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Well scratch that last bit of new because this just got posted on Bloody Disgusting:

Quote:
UPDATE: I just got in touch with Alvarez and he confirms that, “stuff got lost in translation” with Sayagues in the Gorosito interview published earlier today. He elaborated, “Rodo meant we’re not actually making ‘Evil Dead 2′ right now because the priority is Sam’s ‘Army of Darkness 2.’ But the plan of making a sequel to our ‘Evil Dead’ is very much alive.”
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...arez-attached/

Thank god for that. I really enjoyed the remake so I'm glad the same team is still on for the sequel. Hopefully they bring some monsters/demons with them this time around.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #396
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Here's a big fuckin' surprise:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/719...#axzz2irlAHstm

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 11-06-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #397
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Like someone commented over on that page, Bruce says it's "internet bullshit" yet the rumor started from one of his own quotes.

Also, hasn't the dude who directed the remake mentioned that an AOD sequel is in fact being worked on while he is working on a sequel to the remake? I find it odd that he'd just make that up.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #398
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

There's also this: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...ing-worked-on/
Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #399
Dobby
HackMaster

Sam Rami making another Evil Dead flick would be career ending IMO. He also hasn't made any decent movies sense Army Of Darkness. BTW I know someone here will get upset at my comments. However I will stand my ground and go so far as to say he sucks now.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #400
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Sam Rami making another Evil Dead flick would be career ending IMO. He also hasn't made any decent movies sense Army Of Darkness. BTW I know someone here will get upset at my comments. However I will stand my ground and go so far as to say he sucks now.
Drag Me To Hell was surprisingly good and actually scared me at times. Things like his Spider Man's and OZ, I'd agree are shitty. I really hated the way Peter Parker was portrayed in his films. The remake was much better and truer to the character.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #401
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Drag Me To Hell was surprisingly good and actually scared me at times. Things like his Spider Man's and OZ, I'd agree are shitty. I really hated the way Peter Parker was portrayed in his films. The remake was much better and truer to the character.
Drag me to hell was more gross then good IMO. I'm surprised that movie didn't end his career also. Yeah I didn't care or his spider man crap or OZ crapolla.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #402
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Drag me to hell was more gross then good IMO. I'm surprised that movie didn't end his career also. Yeah I didn't care or his spider man crap or OZ crapolla.
I was surprised by it seeing as I thought the trailer looked crappy and really silly. Turns out it got under my skin though. The ending was pretty mean spirited which I didn't think was necessary though.
I feel like Sam could still make a pretty good AOD2 (if it does happen).
Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #403
Dave
Pimp

Bruce says it is not happening, at least at the moment. It is on dark horizons.

Until I read about it actually starting the filming, I don't pay much attention to these news bits.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #404
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
This definitely doesn't upset me. But I'd argue that Raimi made quite a few interesting films since Army Of Darkness. The Quick And The Dead, A Simple Plan, and The Gift weren't great. But I find them all entertaining--which is more than I can say for most of what Hollywood churns out. I enjoy the first two Spider-Man films and Drag Me To Hell too.

I have zero interest in Oz. And Spider-Man 3 was very sub-par. But there's plenty of evidence to suggest that studio interference had a lot to do with that. It's still easy to argue that Raimi is losing his way. The bulk of his recent output isn't on par with his older work. But I suspect he's fully capable of making another great film. It's going to come down to material.

But truthfully, are any of you guys THAT jazzed about the prospect of a follow-up to Army Of Darkness? I really believe that Raimi and Campbell would have to be 110% committed for the resulting film to be remotely satisfying. And it's pretty clear from all the false starts that they're not really all that interested in revisiting this material.

Personally I'd strongly prefer that they leave well enough alone--unless they stumble upon an Ash story that they absolutely need to tell. The thought of a half-assed Evil Dead continuation churns my stomach.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #405
Mok
Family is Forever

I like Raimi's Spider Man films so there!
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote