Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #391
russweiss
Maniac

Target has these on sale starting today for $14.99. I couldn't pass it up.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #392
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
Target has these on sale starting today for $14.99. I couldn't pass it up.
Shit, last week I picked it up for $16.99- didn't think it would get any lower than that
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #393
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Amazon is down to $14.99 as well, but since they started charging tax in GA...

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #394
Christy
Stalker

I picked up the digibook version as well myself. I notice allot of stores carrying this in a regular blu ray case.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #395
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Yeah sorry nobody remembers exactly what a movie looked like in theaters 35 years ago. That's such a load of bs and not at all credible when discussing how a film should "look".

~Matt
I'm 100% positive I didn't know what film grain was either. I think unless the person watching whatever movie was a cinematographer or studying cinematography and taking notes then you really can't trust their memory.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #396
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
I picked up the digibook version as well myself. I notice allot of stores carrying this in a regular blu ray case.
I have the digibook as well and think it is actually pretty cool - I just wish they had used a different cover like the uk steelbook cover
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #397
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post

I have a feeling I'll eventually rip the 35th transfer and re-time the day scenes myself. But I don't feel up to that project right now.
Oh shit that would be interesting to see.

~Matt
Old 11-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #398
baggio
HackMaster

Currently $9.99 at Best Buy.

Wanna laugh? This is the first time I'm considering a purchase of the original Halloween in ANY format.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #399
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post

Wanna laugh? This is the first time I'm considering a purchase of the original Halloween in ANY format.
WoW on both accounts, lucky you, great transfer and price. Though the Jamie Leigh doc thing is a little cringe worthy.
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #400
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:

And $11.98 at Amazon.

First time? Guy, get it together
Old 11-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #401
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
And $11.98 at Amazon.

First time? Guy, get it together
Maybe because this film has played on TV/Cable probably more than any other horror movie. I also hated that there are numerous versions of the releases. I mean, I get a double dip here and there but with this movie it's just ridiculous.

Never say never, but maybe this is the last US version. Plus this current price is really good. People gotta be high to have payed the initial release price for this 35th Anniversary Blu. What was it like $25 or close to that?

Last edited by baggio; 11-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #402
Do you see
Victim

Quote:
People gotta be high to have payed the initial release price for this 35th Anniversary Blu. What was it like $25 or close to that?
I had it pre-ordered to ensure I got a digibook version (I love those fuckers), but I am a little pissed to see how much it has dropped so soon after release. Oh well, hindsight.
Do you see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #403
baggio
HackMaster

Ok, listen to this one.

I just went over to Best Buy to pick the Halloween Blu and this was what happened.

After finding Halloween (the sticker said $21) I walked around the movies sections a little bit and found a Bin/Case that said something like holiday savings $3.99. So normally those bins are just a jumbled mess with average movies (mostly Echo Bridge) the same deals you see everywhere. Well, when I looked inside it was perfectly & neatly in alphabetically order (the way it should be btw) and you can clearly thumb through the choices. To my surprise there was some really good movies in there. All had NO price stickers, just a sticker with some codes on them. So I picked up 3 movies and headed to the cashier. I told the cashier I had 2 questions before checking out, the first was the Halloween Blu should be $9.99 and it rang up for $21 but he went online and gave me the $9.99 price that it stated there. So next he rang up the other 3 movies (which I said I wanted to be sure they were $3.99 because they had no prices and wondering if the bin was a mistake) The 3 rang up at various original prices, so he said show me the bin. We head over to the bin, and I pointed out the multiple copies of the movies I chose, and right then a manager walked by & just blurted out before the cashier even said anything "I'll take care of it" Back at the checkout, the manager started punching in codes at a lightning speed turned & walked off. He didn't even say all set or ok anything else? , absolutely nothing. Just entered numbers and left.

Here's the awesome/lucky part. Remember when I first rang up Halloween?, well it was "already in" the checkout list. So when that dummy was drilling those codes into the machine (obviously not in a good mood) he slapped one on Halloween too.

Got the dam thing for $3.99

BTW the other three films I picked up:

Wolverine (origins) - Blu-ray (I don't care I like it)
X-Men First Class - Blu-ray
Machete - Blu-ray

All 4 Blu's for a total of $15.96 before taxes.

Those Blu's in that bin are NOT on sale yet. Those $3.99 prices are for Black Friday.(except for Halloween that's was just a mistake. But it is currently on sale today for $9.99) That's the reason why they came up as full price. They mistakenly put that bin out prematurely. Now it made sense why the manager sighed a little when he said I'll take care of it.

Look at the Black Friday ad.

http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/#!/movies+amp+music It says there 160 to choose from. There was only like 15 titles in that bin. ...... Lucky them I would have cleaned up.

Last edited by baggio; 11-28-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #404
buck135
The Duke of New York

Very cool Baggio. Things rarely work out that well for me. I can never seem to get any stores to match even their own website's prices (B&N, Walmart). I am one of the fools that paid full price for this when it came out (like Do you see, I enjoy digibooks), and didn't want to miss out.

I have the Starz blu-ray and the lenticular 1999 2-disc DVD. Hopefully that'll be the last version of any of the movies in this series that I ever buy.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #405
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Very cool Baggio. Things rarely work out that well for me. I can never seem to get any stores to match even their own website's prices (B&N, Walmart). I am one of the fools that paid full price for this when it came out (like Do you see, I enjoy digibooks), and didn't want to miss out.

I have the Starz blu-ray and the lenticular 1999 2-disc DVD. Hopefully that'll be the last version of any of the movies in this series that I ever buy.
Yes, that's the same with me too. Usually get decent deals & get screwed on others so it's works out even in the long run. But this incident was pure luck. Make it it even more amazing , when I first posted about the $9.99 Halloween I was going to have it shipped, but I couldn't think of other stuff to get over the free shipping min. So I was going to ship it to the store, but when I saw it was "in stock" and available I figure I just swing by. It just happened to be close to where my relative lived that I had something to drop off for them after work. The stars just aligned today. I'm sure I'll get whacked for something else in the future.