Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: The Best Howling Sequel is...
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf 34 34.34%
Howling III: Marsupials 14 14.14%
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare 12 12.12%
Howling V: The Rebirth 20 20.20%
Howling VI: The Freaks 16 16.16%
Howling: New Moon Rising 3 3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #61
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Anyone who said 7 is just being an asshole!

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #62
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

I agree The Marsupials needs more love. Part 5 I thought was decent enough when I saw it but that was a long time ago.
I saw New Moon arising the other day (well, I kept flicking back and forth while I was on the computer) and it was absolutely terrible. It's easily the worst sequel. It drags, is horribly acted and just bland. Plus I've seen better effects (not that this really has any effects at all) in student films. What a disgrace.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #63
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Who voted for New Moon Rising?!? That's not funny. Not one bit. That thing is a blight on all who've seen it an can never be unseen...
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #64
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

I'm going with part 2. Love that song "Howling" by Babel, and seeing Sybil Danning tear her top off 18 times in the ending credits (to the beat, no less!) seals the deal for me.

Awesomely terrible film.
Shlockjock81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #65
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
I'm going with part 2. Love that song "Howling" by Babel
yeah, that song is great. I've tried to find a copy of it, but with no success. I finally resorted to recording the audio from a clip of the film on youtube, just so I can have it on my ipod. the quality is garbage, obviously. still looking for a soundtrack or mp3...

Quote:
and seeing Sybil Danning tear her top off 18 times in the ending credits (to the beat, no less!) seals the deal for me.
hey, wait a minute
aren't you...y'know....? (I've always wanted to find an inoffensive way to use that smiley)
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #66
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
hey, wait a minute
aren't you...y'know....?
That would explain a lot.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #67
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
yeah, that song is great. I've tried to find a copy of it, but with no success. I finally resorted to recording the audio from a clip of the film on youtube, just so I can have it on my ipod. the quality is garbage, obviously. still looking for a soundtrack or mp3...

hey, wait a minute
aren't you...y'know....? (I've always wanted to find an inoffensive way to use that smiley)
Cinemageddon has the soundtrack in decent quality (the actual album, not a recording from the film). I got it from there.

And yeah, I am, but I still get a kick out of boobie-cheese.
Shlockjock81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #68
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:

And yeah, I am, but I still get a kick out of boobie-cheese.
Who wouldn't?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #69
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

I'm more easily entertained by the cheese of part 7. While part 3 might "burst" with offbeat ideas and energy it is to me incredibly dull and unappealing. No matter how often I watch part 3, I just can't never get into it.

Voted for part 2.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #70
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
I'm more easily entertained by the cheese of part 7. While part 3 might "burst" with offbeat ideas and energy it is to me incredibly dull and unappealing. No matter how often I watch part 3, I just can't never get into it.

Voted for part 2.
How is it possible to like part 7 and not part 3? Part 7 is void of anything remotely entertaining and has to use footage from the previous sequels as padding during a few of its scenes. The sad part is that they are the only interesting bits so why bother with the film at all?

Part 3 at least has some culture, whacky scenes and a mildly interesting plot. It's not a good film by any means but I've grown love enjoy it and it's good for a laugh...part 7 on the other hand isn't good for anything.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #71
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I think "offbeat" has lost all its meaning by now. I don't really think there's anything that offbeat about The Marsupials that wasn't offbeat about 1986-1988 in general.

But it's definitely almost good. That much is certain. If they'd cut a little fat off the edges. I mean, they could re-edit it now and make it better.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #72
baggio
HackMaster

Howling V: The Rebirth is a pretty decent film. The trailer is kinda weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBePSNzYxo
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #73
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

It's extremely forgettable. I wish I could remember more- other than the fact that there is such a huge cast of characters getting killed off and the teasing, repetitive deaths never stop or progress to anything inventive or satisfying. You have to be thinking up another movie in your head while it plays to get anything out of it. The atmosphere becomes entirely familiar and then loses its charm within the first 30 minutes. There's a whole hour of leftover garbage to wade through. The only interesting character is the 2nd or 3rd to die. There's no decent humor. No surprises at all. Logical inconsistencies and stupid character decisions abound. It's not even close to being scary. The music only does anything during the credits (great theme! for the last 3 minutes). There's nothing to think about, to feel, to respond to in any way. It's a numb film. And, frankly, in the 3rd that makes you stick around for the other 2, there's also a homophobic gag with the ponytailed character at the bar. Classy.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #74
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
How is it possible to like part 7 and not part 3? Part 7 is void of anything remotely entertaining and has to use footage from the previous sequels as padding during a few of its scenes. The sad part is that they are the only interesting bits so why bother with the film at all?

Part 3 at least has some culture, whacky scenes and a mildly interesting plot. It's not a good film by any means but I've grown love enjoy it and it's good for a laugh...part 7 on the other hand isn't good for anything.
Well, to me New Moon Rising was more amusing because I personally got a kick out of the location, locals, their laid back down to earth attitude ("this might be the smartest or dumbest thing I ever did"), the hillbilly-ish country & western lifestyle. Little things like old folk clicking spoons during a live performance ("Stand Up!" song was an instant fave lol). There's definitely some sort of culture at display here as well.

To me part 3 was a stylized, throbbing, in-your-face annoyance. Sure its original but the way it was done caused a total energy drain, because it was incredibly dull in my opinion.

As crappy as New Moon Rising is, it got at least some heart and soul (for everything not involving werewolves lol), even if the film completely missed the point in regards of the Howling franchise.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #75
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
To me part 3 was a stylized, throbbing, in-your-face annoyance. Sure its original but the way it was done caused a total energy drain, because it was incredibly dull in my opinion.

Some of us like stylized, throbbing, and in-your-face. I mean... isn't this The Horror Genre, after all? Not that everything is the same. But, stylization made this genre great. And as for the in-your-face thing, at least it had a decent agenda- dealing with intolerance. It's not like it didn't have anything at all to say. That would be annoying.