Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #76
shape22
HackMaster

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Amazon is always the cheapest option for everything--or that you should blindly purchase everything there. A lot of us ARE saying that you can always shop at Amazon with 100% confidence--and that their prices are almost always competitive.

It took me a long time to figure this out. But cheapest is rarely the best way to go. No matter who you shop with something will eventually go wrong. When that happens Amazon will make it right immediately with zero hassle. That hasn't been my experience with any other online retailer.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #77
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

My friends kid dropped her Kindle hard enough that the fall rendered it inoperable. Amazon overnighted a brand new Kindle the same day with practically no questions asked.

That type of service is pretty much unheard of nowadays. For comparisons sake just try telling Apple you dropped your IPod and see what happens.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #78
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
My friends kid dropped her Kindle hard enough that the fall rendered it inoperable. Amazon overnighted a brand new Kindle the same day with practically no questions asked.

That type of service is pretty much unheard of nowadays. For comparisons sake just try telling Apple you dropped your IPod and see what happens.
I agree, whenever I've had a problem, Amazon has really taken care of me in ways that other companies have not. I also like that Amazon refunds you your money if a seller does not ship your item, unlike eBay.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #79
Paff

Yup. You won't hear complaints from me. Last year, I got a hand-me-down mountain bike that was for all intents and purposes unrideable. I rebuilt the entire thing from the frame up, all with parts bought on Amazon.

This past weekend, I noticed the sound from my car stereo seemed too favored to the right. Turns out the tweeter on my left door was blown. $70/pair (+tax) at the local independent car stereo place, Best Buy doesn't even keep them in stock (would have to be a special order), or $37 shipped from Amazon. Take a guess which option I went with.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #80
msw7
Morso a morte

I just got a fantastic deal from amazon - the Alien Anthology blu ray set for $11 (well, including $8 worth of credit card reward points). Too good a price to pass up. The thing is, I saw it listed on the page for $19.99, but when I added it to my cart the price was $33. I emailed them and asked them what the error was. They wrote back and said they didn't see the lower price. So I wrote back again and explained how I had seen it, and that it might have just been a glitch and that I didn't expect them to honor it. They gave me a $14 credit for the purchase of that title, and told me the price had indeed dropped 'for a very short time'.

They certainly didn't have to honor the price, but they did, and that's just phenomenal customer service.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #81
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Speaking of Amazon sucking, I just logged into my seller account. Their system is really messy and sales for an entire week don't hit until about two weeks later. This is basically just to be confusing, that way it's easier for them to screw you over without being noticed. They make it really difficult to see which orders the money is coming from and what fees they are taking.

Well, today's deposit into my bank account was $1.76. I sold two items during this period, one for $13.99 and one for $7.99. So apparently, $1.76 is all you get from that after their commissions. I DON'T THINK SO!

Guess I have to call them tomorrow. Should be fun.
Just to follow up here, I sent them an e-mail. Sakshi B replied to let me know that the sales for one week aren't disbursed until two weeks later. Nothing was said pertaining to my account or why the amount might be wrong. So they basically didn't answer my question at all, and simply provided me with basic information that everyone who sells on Amazon already knows (I even mentioned this fact in my original post above).
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #82
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

So I just logged into my Marketplace account. Here's what it says:

Quote:
You have more than 5000 unshipped orders for which you need to confirm shipment.
I have maybe 40 items listed on Amazon.

When I try to view the orders, it just says:

Quote:
Too Many Orders Found
Your search request resulted in too many orders to display. Please select a shorter date range or use different search criteria to produce a smaller number of orders.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #83
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

In more than 5 years of shopping at Amazon I never had an order by a marketplace seller cancelled because of a "technical problem" until now. What the fuck does that mean?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #84
hots4
Stalker

I have a lot of items up for sale on amazon but if i saw 'you have 5000 unshipped orders', i would shit the bed!!!!!!! I would contact them and ask them to sort it, they should get back to you with within 24hrs with the problem rectified.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #85
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGEq6KK7n8
baggio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #86
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Another thing I would warn you guys about is trading in anything to Amazon. Twice now I've had them tell me that items weren't in the box I submitted when I know for a fact they were. Movies are one thing, but now they're telling me that the iPod I traded into to them was not in the box I sent which is BULLSHIT! I swear they have a fucking thief in their warehouse because I clearly remember putting it in the box thinking to myself that they better not say that they didn't get this and low and behold they're telling me they didn't. Man, this company went downhill real fucking fast. I'm done with them completely after this.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #87
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Another thing I would warn you guys about is trading in anything to Amazon. Twice now I've had them tell me that items weren't in the box I submitted when I know for a fact they were. Movies are one thing, but now they're telling me that the iPod I traded into to them was not in the box I sent which is BULLSHIT! I swear they have a fucking thief in their warehouse because I clearly remember putting it in the box thinking to myself that they better not say that they didn't get this and low and behold they're telling me they didn't. Man, this company went downhill real fucking fast. I'm done with them completely after this.
It could of been someone at the post office. I've had them steal a few things from me.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #88
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I sent it UPS so if I get nowhere with Amazon, my next step is to contact them. Like I said, $4 or $5 credits for movies I can just blow off, but this is an iPod I traded in. Fucking ridiculous. You can't trust anything anymore.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #89
SpaceAce
Maniac

I have had great luck at Amazon and Gohastings....however like somebody mentioned before, I just received an order from hastings for the original Clash of the titans and I received the remake. My other order (received today also) was for the original My Bloody Valentine and I got the remake of that also. Understandable, but annoying. I looked at the invoice and it has the correct release dates and the correct UPC info for the ones I wanted, but they shipped the remake instead. I assume a call to the customer service will remedy this so hopefully I can come back on and write a glowing review of their customer service. (by the way, out of numerous transaction with amazon and hastings this is the first time I have a mix up or issue).
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #90
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
I have had great luck at Amazon and Gohastings....however like somebody mentioned before, I just received an order from hastings for the original Clash of the titans and I received the remake. My other order (received today also) was for the original My Bloody Valentine and I got the remake of that also. Understandable, but annoying. I looked at the invoice and it has the correct release dates and the correct UPC info for the ones I wanted, but they shipped the remake instead. I assume a call to the customer service will remedy this so hopefully I can come back on and write a glowing review of their customer service. (by the way, out of numerous transaction with amazon and hastings this is the first time I have a mix up or issue).
If you order a movie where multiple films share the same title, Hastings will almost ALWAYS send you the wrong one. They're notorious for that. They will correct their mistake without any problems. They'll just tell you to keep the one they sent and mail out a new one, but they REALLY need to work on their quality control at their warehouse. They should start going by UPC and not just the title. Their customer service is great, but they really need to work on preventing these things from happening in the first place.