http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texarka...nlight_Murders

the real case
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #2357
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
At least you made it thru! I didn't and I still think it's as boring as batshit. (Sorry MP. )

I'll still be buying the blu though - The Evictors is a fine film. It's a shame that it's an extra though, because there's no extras for an extra. Funny now I look back on it, a scope film that somehow managed to hook me in on VHS of all things! When I look back at Scope movies on VHS these days I can barely make it through (assuming I do, that is).

Oh and BTW, do not watch Zodiac! Trust me, that's worse!
Haha! Well I was cooking lunch and ended up washing the dishes while it played. I don't think I could have made it to the end otherwise.

Oh really? Well I seem to let curiosity get the better of me, even when I've been warned prior. It seem I like to punish myself.

Oh and while we're on the topic of being board; I watch the original Hills Have Eyes the other night and almost pulled my hair out because it was so slow and tedious. Then I thought it would be smart to check the sequel out. On the bright side it made me want to watch the remake again and heck, it even made the sequel to that look good.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #2358
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Quote:
Oh and BTW, do not watch Zodiac! Trust me, that's worse!
ZODIAC is a masterpiece -- easily one of the best American films of the last 20 years.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #2359
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
At least you made it thru! I didn't and I still think it's as boring as batshit. (Sorry MP )
None taken, although I think you Aussie's are nutty as a fruitcake
Old 05-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #2360
cjg
Maniac

Zodiac is one of the best crime movies ever made. Town That Dreaded Sundown is pretty bad. Just fast forward to the Trombone scene, the only good part in the entire movie.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #2361
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I saw Town That Dreaded Sundown as a kid (probably the mid '90s), and I was extremely disappointed. The Dawn Wells chase scene was fantastic, but the rest was ho-hum.

That said, I haven't seen it since and I'm really excited to revisit. I think back then I was expecting a guy in a hooded sack butchering teenagers ala Friday The 13th Part 2. Now that I know what I'm getting into, I'm sure I'll love it. My tastes have changed considerably since then.

I love The Evictors though. This set would be worth the $17 for The Evictors DVD alone. Whether you love one, the other, or both, this set is a steal! Can't wait to get my hands on it!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #2362
Vance Vandy
Stalker

I think Town is a decent movie (The Evictors is way better, pathetic that it's being buried as a glorified extra), but the best film with a true-life mystery killer is Memories of Murder.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #2363
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Wow, not a lot of love for Town?!?!

It's by far not the best flick I've ever seen, but I love the story and history behind it. I think it's a fun watch for sure. I recall the first time I saw it as a kid and expected more, but upon future viewings began to respect it for it was and found it quite enjoyable. Never seen Evictors.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #2364
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I recall the first time I saw it as a kid and expected more, but upon future viewings began to respect it for it was and found it quite enjoyable.
I'm hoping this will be my reaction.

I thought Last House On The Left was dumb and goofy as a kid too, but now I find it incredibly effective.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #2365
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Anyone think Shout! might get a hold of Halloween 6? There's were a lot of rumors over the past year or so that another blu was coming out that had the Producer's Cut as well.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #2366
Nailwraps
HackMaster

That was just a rumour. Besides, Echo Bridge has it.

But I DO remember a representitive of Echo Bridge talking about it but couldn't be able to.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #2367
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
That was just a rumour. Besides, Echo Bridge has it.

But I DO remember a representitive of Echo Bridge talking about it but couldn't be able to.
Yea that's what I thought. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #2368
buck135
The Duke of New York

The Day of the Dead cover has been released. I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think it's hideous. We have to wait until the summer for the extras to be announced.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=42
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #2369
X-human
I ate my keys

I wouldn't say hideous, but it ain't pretty. All I see on my shelf is the spine however. So long as the transfer on my screen looks good and not a DNR smear with EE everywhere then I'm good with the release.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #2370
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I wouldn't say hideous, but it ain't pretty. All I see on my shelf is the spine however. So long as the transfer on my screen looks good and not a DNR smear with EE everywhere then I'm good with the release.
I too only care about the audio/video upgrade. Between the Arrow and Starz blu's there are more than enough extras. I even have two DVD's of footage of Savini doing the effects. Getting back to why I think the cover looks hideous, does the alligator really need to dominate the bottom right hand corner? If you blink at the wrong time, you miss the green bastard entirely. Where's the spider crawling on the guys arm then? Bub looks weird, Dr. Frankenstein looks like a different actor and there are way too many zombies and almost no main characters at all. Before anyone replies with "Be happy with what you get, and stop complaining about covers!" I am just adding my two cents. Screams covers have been so cool, that I kinda had my hopes up with this one. I'm still ordering it as soon as it's going to be made available.