Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The boxset has the corrected version of Warlock Moon, however Blood Feast 2 is the R-rated version which is 6 minutes shorter than the Unrated version.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
The boxset has the corrected version of Warlock Moon, however Blood Feast 2 is the R-rated version which is 6 minutes shorter than the Unrated version.
thats good to know, but i actually meant in terms of the films themselves. i've never seen either. are they any good?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #18
FinalSora
Victim

It's worth it just for WARLOCK MOON alone! I highly recommend that one. I haven't even bothered to open Blood Feast 2. That one looks pretty lame IMO. But 2 out of three is a great deal.
FinalSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalSora View Post
It's worth it just for WARLOCK MOON alone! I highly recommend that one. I haven't even bothered to open Blood Feast 2. That one looks pretty lame IMO. But 2 out of three is a great deal.
Blood Feast 2 is actually a ton of brainless fun. If the Unrated DVD releases were cheaper, I'd own it. They are still way overpriced by Media Blasters.

But the R-rated version? Nope, I got rid of it without even opening the plastic.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Just watched this for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Decent twisty creepy old school kinda of flick that leaves certain things up to interpretation. I checked out IMDB's list of "cut items" on the Shriek Show DVD and honestly couldn't care less - it is what it is, it's not like there's any serious scenes missing:

The Media Blasters DVD is missing the following footage that appeared on the Unicorn VHS release:
Begins with the extended opening sequence, which is available as a mute extra on the DVD.
Immediately before John & Jenny find the road to the spa, they're pulled over by a pair of condescending cops (briefly seen later) who warn, "The people in this valley don't care too much for strangers."
As Mrs. Abercrombi serves tea the first time, she tells John and Jenny that the spa closed due to financial problems and nasty rumors. She goes on to reveal her father was the caretaker and the two remained residents after the spa closed, though he passed away when she was around Jenny's age.
When Jenny comes in and finds Mrs. Abercrombi's cottage empty, she looks up at the ceiling, walks over to the fireplace and runs her hand across it.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #21
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Just watched this for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Decent twisty creepy old school kinda of flick that leaves certain things up to interpretation. I checked out IMDB's list of "cut items" on the Shriek Show DVD and honestly couldn't care less - it is what it is, it's not like there's any serious scenes missing:
The SS DVD is "cut" a little, but remember there was also the defective DVD which cuts way more from the movie due to the authoring error.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The SS DVD is "cut" a little, but remember there was also the defective DVD which cuts way more from the movie due to the authoring error.
Do we know whats missing on the defective disc? I noticed one scene where Jenny goes to bed in the Spa, but you only see it for like a second then suddenly she's opening drawers in the old lady's room - seemed like a weird jump.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Do we know whats missing on the defective disc? I noticed one scene where Jenny goes to bed in the Spa, but you only see it for like a second then suddenly she's opening drawers in the old lady's room - seemed like a weird jump.
See my previous post earlier in the thread here.

Quote:
They apparently did correct the Warlock Moon DVD in the Cannibal Lunch Box set. The disc in that set has a running time of right over 83 minutes. The original "defective" disc has a running time about 5 minutes less at 78 minutes.
If your disc plays about 78 minutes in length, you have the defective disc. If it's about 83 minutes, you have the later corrected disc that fixes the authoring error.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

I have the box set but checked my copy just to be sure. The back says 84 minutes. This thread got me all worried and shit. I'll have to give this movie another spin sometime, I've only watched it once.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Lunatic View Post
I have the box set but checked my copy just to be sure. The back says 84 minutes. This thread got me all worried and shit. I'll have to give this movie another spin sometime, I've only watched it once.
The original defective disc with the authoring error always showed the 84 minutes running time on the back cover, but it only actually played at less than 78 minutes.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #26
booper71
HackMaster

FrightPix on Roku is airing the 85 minute version of the Warlock Moon this month.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
othervoice1
HackMaster

Ive never seen this so thanks for the heads up - Ill have to check it out now
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #28
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Finally watched the corrected version of this movie - yeah, lol, the part that was missing is kinda important.