Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #2281
MovieAddict71
Screamy Bopper

I Can watch the Melting One with or without MST3K. Since the Blu Ray is coming this summer I bet the MST3K version will no question be on a future volume within a year Id say
MovieAddict71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #2282
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Captain America (1990) Blu-ray review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Captai.../65759/#Review

Also Cliff has commented on the Blu-ray.com forums that he supervised the new transfer for The Producers and "it looks great!".
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #2283
dave13
HackMaster

from Scream factory's facebook page:

Quote:
***FINAL LIST OF EXTRAS: THE HOWLING***

Here's something to put a "smiley face" sticker on...the final list of extras that will be on our Collector's Edition of THE HOWLING (on DVD and Blu-ray 6/18). Check em' out and pre-order now!

ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY™ EXTRAS
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary from Director Joe Dante
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds- A look at the film's locations with host Sean Clark
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator Dave Allen
- New Interviews with screenwriter Terence Winkless, Executive Producer Steven A. Lane and editor Mark Goldblatt

Extras carried over from prior MGM DVD release
• Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
• Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
• Outtakes
• Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
• Photo Gallery
• Theatrical Trailers
i like the way they break down the extras in terms of whats new and whats being carried over. makes it very clear what you're getting for those of us who are upgrading.

also, pretty cool to hear a commentary with Gary Brandner. It should be interesting to hear his take on the film and possibly the rest of the series. I've read Cameron's Closet by him, but not The Howling.

interesting that they were able to get joe dante to do commentary over the deleted scenes, but not to sit down for a new interview. the deleted scene commentary seems like a short gig, if they got the director to participate, i'm surprised they didn't try to capitalize on that a little more. unless there's a huge amount of deleted scenes...

Last edited by dave13; 04-16-2013 at 06:15 PM.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #2284
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Just an FYI, it seems that Dave Allen interview will be from the CE Laserdisc:

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/06437/...-Edition-(1981)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #2285
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
interesting that they were able to get joe dante to do commentary over the deleted scenes, but not to sit down for a new interview. the deleted scene commentary seems like a short gig, if they got the director to participate, i'm surprised they didn't try to capitalize on that a little more. unless there's a huge amount of deleted scenes...
Dante, along with many of the actors, was featured heavily in the Unleashing the Beast documentary from the special edition DVD. It looks like Scream Factory wanted to focus on interviewing people that weren't already recorded for the new supplements, since all of the old stuff is carried over. All in all this looks like the best offering yet from a great company.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #2286
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Just an FYI, it seems that Dave Allen interview will be from the CE Laserdisc:

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/06437/...-Edition-(1981)
It's pretty much guaranteed to be an interview from an archive source... seeing as how he's been dead for well over a decade now.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #2287
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Dante, along with many of the actors, was featured heavily in the Unleashing the Beast documentary from the special edition DVD. It looks like Scream Factory wanted to focus on interviewing people that weren't already recorded for the new supplements, since all of the old stuff is carried over. All in all this looks like the best offering yet from a great company.
you're certainly right. perhaps his previous interviews and commentary were exhaustive, and he didn't feel he had anything else to contribute. if so, kudos to him and Scream Factory for resisting the temptation to pad their release with insubstantial or redundant supplements. its a Criterion-worthy move. I was just expressing my surprise that they would go to whatever lengths they had to in order to secure his involvement, and then use him only to provide commentary for the deleted scenes.

it certainly does look like a great package though, i agree.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #2288
Paff

Hey, does anyone know anything about Shout Factory and Unholy Rollers? (Sorry, I'm not digging through 153 pages). I just went to see roller derby for the first time, and I'm kinda curious about some of the 70s movies that centered on it.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #2289
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Hey, does anyone know anything about Shout Factory and Unholy Rollers? (Sorry, I'm not digging through 153 pages). I just went to see roller derby for the first time, and I'm kinda curious about some of the 70s movies that centered on it.
Ha...I just asked about that one not too far back... Apparently nothing new as of yet. I have a feeling it may be on one of those 4-pack DVDs though.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #2290
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Reviews for 2 Bruce Lee Double Features (did these slip pass the radar?):

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60068...se-connection/

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60571...game-of-death/

Speaking of Bruce Lee, DVD News Flash has reported that "according to a post Cliff made back on the 10th, on Blu-Ray.com, that Bruce Lee Box Set has been moved from it's July street date to August"
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #2291
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

From Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream Factory

***FINAL LIST OF EXTRAS: LIFEFORCE***

Zombies, London in flames, nude space vampires...they all can be found in Tobe Hooper's whacked out LIFEFORCE along with our final list of extras! See for yourself: .

- Audio Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper, moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- Audio Commentary with Special Make-up Effects Designer Nick Maley
- New Interviews with Director Tobe Hooper, Actor Steve Railsback and Actress Mathilda May
- Original vintage “The Making of Lifeforce” Featurette
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot

Also worth noting, both the theatrical & longer international versions of the film will be on the Blu-ray. (The DVD will only have the international version.)

Blu-ray & DVD combo Collector's Edition on 6/18. Pre-order now!
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #2292
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Already pre-ordered, I'm pretty excited to watch this for the first time.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #2293
Cannibal Chris
Victim

I did a post this afternoon about what I'd like the Amityville set to look like

http://www.cannibalreviews.com/2013/...actory-do.html

What's everyone think? It's doubtful, but I'd love to see something similar to what was done with Animal house (albeit a bit smaller)

www.cannibalreviews.com
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #2294
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal Chris View Post
I did a post this afternoon about what I'd like the Amityville set to look like

http://www.cannibalreviews.com/2013/...actory-do.html

What's everyone think? It's doubtful, but I'd love to see something similar to what was done with Animal house (albeit a bit smaller)
Well, the idea of making the packing the Amityville house is a wise idea. But what I would do is also put "The Amityville Horror Trilogy" on the front and on the bottom "Includes: The Amityville Horror - The Amityville Horror II: The Possession - The Amityville 3-D: The Demon". On the back, I include a brief description of the set followed by descriptions of the films and extras listing. Finally, because these are owned by MGM, I also include the (current) MGM logo on the back. But yeah, the your proposed packaging is a great idea for the set. You can probably suggest this to Scream on Facebook.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #2295
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Yeah, I realized I'd forgotten the logo as soon as I'd posted it onto my blog. I've posted it on the Scream Factory facebook page.

www.cannibalreviews.com
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote