Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #46
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
I like this game more than the 2 left 4 dead games which I bought for single player which in those game were made for multiplayer also I liked it more than dead island the buggest/glitchiest game I have ever played!!!
Yes, for every charge against Survival Instinct, you could slam those games just as many, maybe more times. I've never really gotten into the Left 4 Dead thing, I had the first one, and found it really shallow, run and gun. Dead Island, which I loved, is probably a better comparison. More open, but not as polished.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #47
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Once you get Daryl's crossbow, it's a whole different story.
I agree...also when you get the axe(takes only 2 hits to take down a zombie). I have it for the Wii U. The inventory selection works pretty well with the gamepad. I prefer ZombiU over this, but I'm having fun with it.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #48
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Looks pretty cool and indeed similar to Dead Island which I love. Graphics on the zombies are a little cruder, but not enough to keep me away. Once it drops below $20 I'll pick it up.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #49
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I never enjoyed any of the Left 4 Deadís even as strictly a multiplayer experience.

Survival Instinct definitely bears some resemblance to Dead Island, but itís still an inferior game. Even with all of Dead Islandís technical glitches, it is still miles more fun to play right off the bat. I canít put into words my shear enjoyment I get when a bikini-clad zombie comes running towards me and I time my machete swing just right so her head goes flying off in slow-motion.

Swinging a machete at a zombieís head in Survival Instinct feels like Iím clubbing them with a wooden baseball bat wrapped in 100% cotton bath towels.

How far off is the crossbow? I really donít know if I can get back into the game now seeing as Bioshock: Infinite comes out tomorrow.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #50
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I never enjoyed any of the Left 4 Deadís even as strictly a multiplayer experience.

Survival Instinct definitely bears some resemblance to Dead Island, but itís still an inferior game. Even with all of Dead Islandís technical glitches, it is still miles more fun to play right off the bat. I canít put into words my shear enjoyment I get when a bikini-clad zombie comes running towards me and I time my machete swing just right so her head goes flying off in slow-motion.

Swinging a machete at a zombieís head in Survival Instinct feels like Iím clubbing them with a wooden baseball bat wrapped in 100% cotton bath towels.

How far off is the crossbow? I really donít know if I can get back into the game now seeing as Bioshock: Infinite comes out tomorrow.
I just don't like all the different types of zombies for dead island
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #51
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
I just don't like all the different types of zombies for dead island
What do you mean yo? The way they look in general?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #52
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
What do you mean yo? The way they look in general?
no the tall ones and the ones that is in a straight jacket lol etc
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #53
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I think he means the thugs, floaters, suiciders, rams, etcÖ.heíd rather it just be the straight walkers.

At least the special kind of infected in Dead Island arenít as prevalent as they are in Left 4 Dead. They are just kind of peppered throughoutÖmost of the time youíre battling walkers/infected. I always think of the thugs as some fucking juiced up meathead from Boston on Spring BreakÖthatís why they barely move and just flail their arms around.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #54
fceurich39
HackMaster

a lot of cool nods to the tv show the same exact bar that merle was in the car drinking playing the motorhead music is in the game as is andrea's parents!!!

also heard that dlc where u play as merle might be coming out based on sales and also in this upcoming bestbuy ad the game is only $30
Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #55
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
also heard that dlc where u play as merle might be coming out based on sales and also in this upcoming bestbuy ad the game is only $30
This would be great

Herd mode needs a different level too.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote