Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #286
cjg
Maniac

I hope they kill off the kid or at least the hat in the final episode.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #287
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
I hope they kill off the kid or at least the hat in the final episode.
The Hat .... HaHaaaa !!!

Like to take that hat off the kid with a tennis racket ... or a Van Damme kick.

Last edited by baggio; 03-25-2013 at 06:55 PM.
baggio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #288
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorphilly View Post
Did anyone notice the zombie who resembled the plaid airport zombie from Dawn Of The Dead?
Hell yeah, totally awesome! You know Nicotero threw that in there. I wonder if there have been any other GAR references in the show?

Last nights episode was easily the best episode of the 3rd season. Fantastic character driven episode, shot beautifully, and still delivered awesome zombie carnage. Perfect. Its sad to seem Merle go, but I think it was for the best. Now well see Daryl truly evolve and I have a feeling he is going to have an important role (as will Michonne) in the demise of the Governor. The season finale should be astonishing. I only wish it was a 2 hour episode.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #289
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Yeah,
Spoiler:
losing Merle
sucks but you knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Loose canon, but they tried to show some glimmers of good in the last few episodes to build up the emotions of his demise.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #290
fceurich39
HackMaster

I guess that is why the video game came out when it did but it was kinda rushed
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:59 AM   #291
j tea
Stalker

The plaid shirt zombie was great. I wished he had a bit more of a role. As far as Romero references go, I am sure there are a lot.

There was an almost perfect recreation of the Savini's machete to the head earlier in the season.

And, it may just be taken from the comics (don't know), but I assumed naming the baby Judith was probably after Judith O'Dea. Wtf else would you name a little girl Judith?

I can only hope next season they go for some deep cuts and reference Burial Ground (Carl as man-boy Peter Bark), or Zombie (Daryl dies, then fights a shark and wins.)
j tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #292
Steel76
Maniac

I hated the second season, and was about to give up the series, but thankfully the third have been pretty damn good, with more zombie mayhem, more interesting characters, and also most of the main characters have shaped up. And I hated almost every one of them in season two for just being annoying and insanely stupid. Im glad some of the worst have been killed of by now, like the wife. But it was sad to see Rookers character go, as he was my favorite of the bunch.

Best season so far, and I hope the 4th one keeps it up.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #293
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by j tea View Post
I can only hope next season they go for some deep cuts and reference Burial Ground (Carl as man-boy Peter Bark), or Zombie (Daryl dies, then fights a shark and wins.)
A huge "+1" to that!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #294
maybrick
HackMaster

All things considered, a pretty underwhelming ending to a great season. Maybe they used up the budget on gore earlier on, but did anybody else notice that they really wimped out last night? Every single scene of violence
Spoiler:
Andrea getting bit by Milton, then shooting herself, the kid shooting the other kid, the Governor executing his army. You kind of see Milton getting stabbed, but barely.
was off camera. I don't mind that kind of thing usually, but this is The Walking Dead where they usually pride themselves on delivering the goods. What the hell?
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #295
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I definitely agree. That season finale was ridiculously watered down and incredibly anti-climatic.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #296
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I felt the same the way, just mainly in terms of not the season finale I was hoping for. Oh well. Nonetheless, it's still a kickass series and I look forward to next season.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #297
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
All things considered, a pretty underwhelming ending to a great season. Maybe they used up the budget on gore earlier on, but did anybody else notice that they really wimped out last night? Every single scene of violence
Spoiler:
Andrea getting bit by Milton, then shooting herself, the kid shooting the other kid, the Governor executing his army. You kind of see Milton getting stabbed, but barely.
was off camera. I don't mind that kind of thing usually, but this is The Walking Dead where they usually pride themselves on delivering the goods. What the hell?
100% agree with this.

Even gore aside, the episode was, dare I say ... kinda boring.

also ...
Spoiler:
the raid on the prison was action filled, total rambo/macho, but how they ran away like scared children because a couple of people were shooting at them (missing horribly btw) was ridiculous imo. At least fight it out for a little while.

Last edited by baggio; 04-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #298
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
100% agree with this.

Even gore aside, the episode was, dare I say ... kinda boring.

also ...
Spoiler:
the raid on the prison was action filled, total rambo/macho, but how they ran away like scared children because a couple of people were shooting at them (missing horribly btw) was ridiculous imo. At least fight it out for a little while.
Spoiler:
Yeah, but it was realistic that they would be so skittish. Most of what was left of the hardened soldiers were killed by Merle and these were all draftees.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #299
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, but it was realistic that they would be so skittish. Most of what was left of the hardened soldiers were killed by Merle and these were all draftees.
Makes sense. Didn't think about that. Plus it obviously explains the
Spoiler:
eventual actions by the Governor ... boy was he pissed.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #300
fceurich39
HackMaster

very lackluster finale compared to the 2nd season finale!!! otherwise I think season 3 was overall better than both season 1 and 2!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote