Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
startide
Stalker

Rare out of print imports? Does that just mean burned copies of non-US region releases as was typical of FWV? I don't mind copyright infringement on stuff that is not available, but on stuff that is (the Death Ship R2 burn comes to mind), well that annoys me.
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
Rare out of print imports? Does that just mean burned copies of non-US region releases as was typical of FWV? I don't mind copyright infringement on stuff that is not available, but on stuff that is (the Death Ship R2 burn comes to mind), well that annoys me.
Agreed. They used to list a lot of copied discs that were commercially available...as in exact copies. They probably got into legal trouble from that alone.

If it's something hard to find or uncut versions and so on, okay. But simply copying licensed discs that were commercially available and selling them for profit, that was bullshit.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Shawn Francis
Maniac

A good bootlegger will ONLY put out DVDs you can't get here in the US or ones that are yet to hit DVD anywhere, but there is a gray area. What about a movie that is commercially available but, say, either cut and/or full frame, and he has it UNCUT and LBX, should he put it out? As a collector, I'd choose the UNCUT LBX one over the legit DVD any day.

Didn't he have METALSTORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED SIN? Wasn't it LBX? I know the legit DVD is full frame, and that movie is 2.35:1.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
Katatonia
Master of Doom

He had stuff like Anchor Bay DVD rips listed that could be readily purchased at legit retailers. These weren't "uncut" or otherwise, they were just copies of legal releases. He had a lot of titles like that listed on the site.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #20
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Yeah, that right there is probably what got him in trouble. Regardless, I can only assume whatever he did that got him kicked off the web before, he won't being doing again.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
The Tall Man
Stalker

It's up and running.

Flesh Wound has been an online presence for over ten years, supplying the genre communities with titles and reliable customer service. After taking a small hiatus - Flesh Wound is BACK with a new look and ready for action! Be it you're looking for that rare horror import title or a Grindhouse exploitation classic, Flesh Wound is here to fill all of your genre needs! Specializing in all your genre needs from classics on VHS to rare out of print imports, if we don't have it - we will find it. So feel free to browse the site and drop us a line if there is a title you are searching for with our expert services and knowledge we should be able to acquire any title that fits your needs!

Adding to our already extensive portfolio we are also opening a new chapter in Flesh Wound with Flesh Wound Pictures. Focusing on distributing independent films as well as forgotten classics, Flesh Wound Pictures also provides professional custom authoring services, graphic design, documentary/featurette production, and much more! Please inquire within for more information regarding any of your production needs.

We are still adding new titles to the site. Check back daily for new additions in our updates / news section.

Edit: Looks like they have gone legit.

Q: Are the discs you sell DVD-R's or "burned"?
A: No, all out titles are pressed factory originals unless otherwise noted.

Last edited by The Tall Man; 01-26-2013 at 01:58 PM.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
nateynate87
Victim

So basically it'll be like diabolikdvd.
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate87 View Post
So basically it'll be like diabolikdvd.
Yeah, but not as good.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
MisterTwister
HackMaster

It's up and running? The links I go to still have the RESURRECTING JANUARY 2013 page.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #25
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyw78 View Post
Yeah, but not as good.
I've never bought anything from DiabolikDVD and I doubt I will ever buy from Fleshwound. I like DiabolikDVD but their prices are too steep for my taste no good deals. I usually just ask around on the forum and find what I want at a great deal and cheaper.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Yeah Diabolik's prices are way too much for me.

Disappointed with the new Fleshwound. I have no interest in any of the imports.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #27
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
I've never bought anything from DiabolikDVD and I doubt I will ever buy from Fleshwound. I like DiabolikDVD but their prices are too steep for my taste no good deals. I usually just ask around on the forum and find what I want at a great deal and cheaper.
Yes its titles that have been around for a while and you can get get cheaper elsewhere. And some of it is very pricey. The pull of the old Fleshwound was the chance of finding something you couldnt find anywhere else.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
DanceEnergy24
Stalker

What is the point of the site if all the titles are commercially available? It seems as though he's just gathered all the movies and put them in one place. I think most of us on here are smart enough to use something like dvdcompare.net to see if a movie is uncut or on a better edition in another part of the world then use something like amazon.co.uk to get it. Couldn't we find most of those titles on our own? As Eddyw78 said, the pull of the old site was the chance of finding something you couldn't get anywhere else.
DanceEnergy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #29
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
You should use DiabolikDVD the next time for any Massacre Video purchases though.

Don't get ripped off again ordering direct from the Massacre Video website! That dude gives OCD a bad name.