Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #1831
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

From Facebook:

**BREAKING NEWS**

We can now officially report that THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN will be coming to DVD...and Blu-ray! We are actually creating a new HD transfer of the film as we type.

We thought you'd want the good news sooner than later. Stay tuned next month for release date info and other details.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #1832
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Everybody dance now -eh, eh, eh eh EH!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #1833
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Some extra details from the comments section:

Quote:
Scream Factory Sorry, although there will be extras, this will not be planned as a "Collector's Edition" where we create new art. We will, however, be using the memorable original theatrical key art.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #1834
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

This should shut a lot of the whiners up.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #1835
zombiehorror
Screamy Bopper

Some of Shouts stuff I already have (and am happy with) on dvd or are titles I'm not interested in; I did pick up Halloween II for the tv edit and want to pick up Halloween III, Town That Dreaded Sundown and Lifeforce + a few other titles!

They admitted themselves on Facebook that the MGM transfer of Vampire Lovers was already sufficient on dvd and that is why they aren't releasing a dvd version.

As far as the covers go I was digging them at first but they are all pretty repetitive. The Burning actually stands out as a favorite and I think it would stand out from all the rest if you placed them all together but then seeing that other poster you gotta wonder if the idea was snagged!? I'm also not digging finding out that a lightbox/tracing may have been involved in creating the posters. It kind of cheapens it for me but it is just a cover that can easily be ignored or inverted for the alternate cover!
zombiehorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1836
Jimmy S
Stalker

Don't be so sure, I wouldn't be surprise to read some whining because it won't have a slip case. Something I couldn't care less about since I put them in the recuperation bac.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #1837
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Someone may have posted it here, but I had no idea Shout was releasing The Sever-Per-Cent Solution on blu-ray. I just read the blu-ray.com review, and while not to enthusiastic (about the film or the presentation) it sounds like a solid release. I always liked this one. Nicol Williamson is one of the best Sherlock's for me, and Alan Arkin is also very fine. Interesting take on the story.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #1838
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Complete Series of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis and Fridays coming soon!:

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/sh...xclusive-74141
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #1839
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

The Fridays announcement is good news for KISS fans, even though an abbreviated version of that show is on one of the KISSOLOGY dvds.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #1840
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!:

"We'll be announcing our final list of extras tomorrow for PHANTASM II (3/26 street date) of which there is A LOT of. Check back with us tomorrow!"
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #1841
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Extras for Phantasm II announced!!!!!:

"Happy Friday Scream Factory fans! Today we finally unveil our "Phantastic" line-up of extras we have on our upcoming Collector's Edition of PHANTASM II (on DVD & Blu-ray 3/26). Check them out...

- Audio Commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Banister
- “The Ball is Back!” Documentary – featuring new interviews with writer/director Don Coscarelli, actors Reggie Banister, Angus Scrimm, Paula Irvine, Samantha Phillips and more!
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: Makeup Effects
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: On the Set
- “The Gory Days with Greg Nicotero” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes from archival film elements from Don Coscarelli’s archive
- Additional Scenes – alternate takes and deleted gore footage from the workprint
- Original TV Spots
- Trailers for Phantasm , Phantasm II & Phantasm III
- Still Galleries (Behind the Scenes , Makeup Effects , Hollywood Premiere )
- Rare short film starring Rory Guy (aka Angus Scrimm) as Abraham Lincoln

Order from us directly at ScreamFactoryDVD.com and get a limited 18" x 24" poster of our new key art while supplies last! Or pre-order from Amazon.com or other fine online retailers."
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #1842
Werewolf Vixen
Screamy Bopper

I can't wait for the Phantasm II release and From Beyond. I have both pre-ordered with the posters!
Werewolf Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #1843
Nailwraps
HackMaster

CatDog Season 3 (via Shout! Select):
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CatDog-Season-3/18015
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #1844
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook:

"Disfigured and hooded mad killers are on the loose! On May 21st, Scream Factory will unleash the gory summer camp slasher THE BURNING and the long sought-after THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN. Both movies debut for the first time on Blu-ray, with TOWN making its debut on DVD as well.

THE BURNING is created and produced by Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and features Fisher Stevens (The Cove) , Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) and Holly Hunter (The Piano) in early film roles plus amazing gore effects from Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead). It will be presented as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ + DVD combo packed with extras (which are still in development but will carry over material that was on the prior MGM DVD release) and a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art. ***SPECIAL OFFER: Those who order The BURNING from us at ScreamFactoryDVD.com directly will receive the exclusive 18”x 24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork created by Nathan Thomas Milliner. Only 300 posters will be printed, so these are only available while supplies last.****

The highly requested THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN stars Oscar-Winner Ben Johnson and Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) and will be presented in Blu-ray + DVD combo with a new HD transfer of the film and extras (still in development and will be announced at a later date). The DVD will contain a rare bonus feature-length movie, THE EVICTORS (from 1979) that is also from the same Director as TOWN and has never been on DVD before.

Hope you are thrilled about this as we are. Keep coming back in the next few months for more details and Happy Friday!"
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1845
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Seems weird that The Evictors isn't mentioned on the cover. Almost like it's being swept under the rug. Which is a shame, because it's a gem of a movie. Actually, I probably prefer it to Town.

Regardless, this release is going to be great, and I'm glad to finally own these two on disc. I'm glad they're packaged together, can't beat the price.

And even though MGM's The Burning DVD still looks fantastic, it will be an easy upgrade for the additional bells and whistles alone. LOVE that film!
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote