Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

DVD Profiler Question

I have the DVD Profiler app on my iPhone and recently purchased The Violent Kind on blu-ray and when I tried to add it to my collection in was not listed in their database, so I went to their website with the hopes of submitting the title since I know their database is user built but it looks to me that you can't do a damn thing on their website unless you pay for that particular aspect of their service. I guess paying $9.99 for their app doesn't afford me such luxuries, so my question for those that use their service online, do I have to be a full paid online member to submit a new title? And if that's the case, I'm happy with just my iPhone app and use DVD Afficionado for my online collection. If anyone here who uses DVD Profiler could submit The Violent Kind, since I obviously can't, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

You do have a member to submit anything, but I would've thought having the app would make you a member. I'm sure someone will profile it soon.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I thought so too. Don't get me wrong, their app is amazing and well worth the $9.99, but I thought that would at least allow me access to the website, but nope, that's a seperate fee alltogether I guess. I use DVD Afficionado for my online collection not only because it's free, but I just like the look of it better. DVD Profiler's online collection page is just hideous looking to me.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Yeah, I hate how dvdprofiler online looks, but love the program on my desk and laptops. Online is just nice to have to quickly look up on the phone if I can't recall if I have a title or not when out.

My Fucking DVDS
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Anyone else having the issue where Mortuary (Katrina's) shows at the top of the list when sorting in Alphabetical order?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Anyone else having the issue where Mortuary (Katrina's) shows at the top of the list when sorting in Alphabetical order?
Don't have that disc but will bet you someone accidentally put a space in front of the title in the title field, which is the default sorter for alpha.

My Fucking DVDS
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

That's what I thought, and I can't seem to alter it. I can't really tell if there's one there.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I fixed it by just removing it from my collection and adding it back. There was something weirdly corrupt about it - I initially rewrote "Mortuary" in the title line then it started sorting it as if it started with the letter "o".
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
That's what I thought, and I can't seem to alter it. I can't really tell if there's one there.
I meant sort title before, which you can change at will to get things in line where you want them. I.E., Live Free or Die Hard is under Die Hard 4 for me, not in the L's. I also do this for those funky possessives like "Stephen King's Thinner", I don't want it under S for Stephen, so it's just Thinner in sort title.

My Fucking DVDS
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
I fixed it by just removing it from my collection and adding it back. There was something weirdly corrupt about it - I initially rewrote "Mortuary" in the title line then it started sorting it as if it started with the letter "o".
You might also want to try a database repair in the program and then reupload your collection.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Yeah, I hate how dvdprofiler online looks, but love the program on my desk and laptops.
As I've said before somewhere else, thank God for phpdvdp because it looks good that way (even better I use the cover I want to). Except for voting the're really no reason to have our collection online with DVDP.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote