Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Blade Films, the future, David Goyer and Wesley Snipes

Wesley Snipes is coming out of prison in July.

I'm a big fan of the blade films, the first 2. And I think david goyer has done good work for writing on the chris nolan films, the first 2 blade films.

Now David Goyer director I don't like, and David Goyer's fallout with Snipes is so bad for the fanchise

Wesley Snipes 'tried to strangle director David Goyer on Blade: Trinity'

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...#ixzz2I5wilcmG
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...e-trinity.html

What did the studio decide to give David Goyer this directing power. This is one of the big shames of the last decade. For me I think Wesley Snipes owns Blade, it's iconic casting, he's right for it, the first 2 films did well.

David Goyer seems hellbent on trying to make Blade successful without Snipes, he's talking about reboots, there was that nuff tv show, Disney owns Marvel, can disney do the r rated Blade thing.

I'm sure what everyone wants is someone like del toro or nottingham directing and david goyer concentrating on writing and Wesley Snipes coming back for Blade 4. Wesley I'm sure can do a stallone and go into his 50s if he wants it.

I think the fanchise has a big Snipes shadow over the character, and I think david goyer for some reason, just wants the character to work with someone else other then snipes.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Snipes has menstioned he would come back if the right team is involved.

Blade was the film that kick started alot of marvel films, and it remains likely the best marvel film I think, it deserves justice with blade 4 done right with Snipes.

New Line and David Goyer have alot to answer for. I hope Disney can do something and see sense in what happened to Blade.

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 01-16-2013 at 01:11 AM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
The Tall Man
Stalker

Didn't realise he was still in the can. Agree that Blade 1 and 2 were enjoyable, the 3rd one was meh ... Ryan Reynolds kind of killed it with too much of his style of humour. Hopefully when he is released they can resurrect the series, and still use him. Just wouldn't be the same without Snipes.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
ekent
The Lord's Arm of Justice

Location: North California, South Alabam, and little towns all around this land
I actually like the series. By midseason, Sticky had hit his stride in the role. I wish it had continued because it stuck to the formula of the first film, taking out vampire houses. That said, bring back Wesley for Blade 4, please! I was actually thinking about this the other day while watching Blade 3. I hope it happens.
ekent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds kind of killed it with too much of his style of humour
Exactly my thoughts - it would have been better without Ryan Reynolds - it wouldnt have been great but still quite a bit better
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Goyer killed the franchise with Blade: Trinity. A terrible poorly directed mess of a film.

I'm all for a reboot. But no Goyer. Keep him far away.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah Blade Trinity was a mess. Their Dracula has to be one of the worst Dracula castings of all time. I would totally be down with Wesley coming back for Blade 4. I don't know if I see Disney rushing to do another Blade film, just like they have done nothing with Punisher since acquiring it.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I was surprised by the TV series and how well Sticky played the title. That said, I don't want to see a Blade film without Wesley (maybe if Sticky gets it, maybe), but unfortunately already did with part 3. Perfect series killing fuckaroo that pile of shit is. I only own the BD cuz I was going to see Dark Knight Rises and with upgrade and save at BB, along with $5 movie cash included, it was free in the end. Still haven't watched the BD but really hated it when I had the dvd.

Thanks to keeping track of when I watched shit starting here, and now on dvdprofiler, I see I just passed the 6 year mark since last seeing it.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANVALEN View Post
Disney owns Marvel, can disney do the r rated Blade thing.
Disney also owned Miramax during the releases of some of Tarantino's most over the top and violent films (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1) so I don't think they have a problem with producing violent material as long as the Mickey Mouse ears and Disney's name don't precede the credits. It's astounding, actually, the amount of properties Disney owns.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

I still can't believe they put Blade in jail. Blade II is the best one to me. Part 3 was horrible. I read the story about that big blow up on the set of Blade 3. The Blade anime was forgettable. The TV show got somewhat better towards the end. But I've forgotten just about everything about it except for the car advertisement girl that was in it. The TV show really showed how good Snipes is as Blade. Part 4 could be good if they get the right people. But will Hollywood give Snipes a shot after jail? This sort of thing seems to be really hit or miss. Some get a shot, some don't.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I still can't believe they put Blade in jail. Blade II is the best one to me. Part 3 was horrible. I read the story about that big blow up on the set of Blade 3. The Blade anime was forgettable. The TV show got somewhat better towards the end. But I've forgotten just about everything about it except for the car advertisement girl that was in it. The TV show really showed how good Snipes is as Blade. Part 4 could be good if they get the right people. But will Hollywood give Snipes a shot after jail? This sort of thing seems to be really hit or miss. Some get a shot, some don't.
The Robert Downy Jr rebirth from drugs was something.

Snipes tax thing is very unique I know, I can't think of another actor who's served time like this.
I'm sure Stallone will put Snipes in Expendables 3, then Major League sequel has Snipes penciled in, so he has his sequels and ticket back, Blade 4 will depend more on studio smartness.

There hasn't been a Blade film without Wesley Snipes, that is something working in his favor.

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 01-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote