Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #211
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

My guesses are either THE KINDRED, which they had been trying to release for a long time, or they finally got clearance to use the lost footage for HALLOWEEN and are putting together a new ultimate cut.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #212
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
My guesses are either THE KINDRED, which they had been trying to release for a long time, or they finally got clearance to use the lost footage for HALLOWEEN and are putting together a new ultimate cut.
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that...shit, that was like 2-3 years ago that Don posted that...something about having footage of the young Myers POV shot's without the eye-hole filter? I can't remember all the details.

It would be awesome if it was Halloween with a color correction. Not sure how I feel about having an entirely new cut of the film, but seeing the footage as a bonus feature would be mind-blowing!

The Kindred would be pretty cool as well, but not quite sure it would garnish the kind of giddy tone as evident in Don's recent post. It sounds like its gotta be a big time name here.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #213
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Synapse Films update on Facebook:

Let the speculation begin, shall we?

I'm going with NotLD/Dawn. Maybe. We know Dawn and Martin are up for grabs. I don't know the true state of Night. I'm confident about Dawn, someone has to have that one and I'm sure Don would go all in on it. (Not so much on Day) Night would make an obvious pairing. I may be focusing too much on "a couple."
+1

Dawn is completely absent from the Anchor Bay website. Night of the Demons could be a lesser possibility as that is also missing.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #214
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinkinstein View Post
I'm hoping he's picked up some of the US rights to a few more Hammer releases!
that would be fantastic!
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #215
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Synapse Films update...

Let the speculation begin, shall we?

I'm going with NotLD/Dawn. Maybe. We know Dawn and Martin are up for grabs. I don't know the true state of Night. I'm confident about Dawn, someone has to have that one and I'm sure Don would go all in on it. (Not so much on Day) Night would make an obvious pairing. I may be focusing too much on "a couple."
I, too, think this news sounds right.

And I'm sure The Kindred will indeed becoming because I know I've seen it on one of their release schedule Blu-ray inserts stating "Coming Soon", so I'd say that's already been announced and is not part of this announcement.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #216
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

If Dawn or Night are announced, I'm gonna cream my pants!

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #217
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
I'm going with NotLD/Dawn. Maybe. We know Dawn and Martin are up for grabs. I don't know the true state of Night.

The true state of NOTLD is that it's Public Domain. Anyone can own it (ANYone).

I'll take you up on your suggestion with Dawn Of The Dead (1978) however since that does look likely; it's not with Anchor Bay anymore (I checked the site), Synapse just release The Definitive Document Of The Dead and that seems now like a possible clue.

I wonder though if the annoucement will be the 3 secret titles that Don announced long ago. That said, my choices are Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles (with Bad Taste, seeing is how this year marks the 25th anniversary of the film, Peter Jackson's filmmaking career and his newest film The Hobbit, a new release is definitely in order).
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #218
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

A pair of '70s US adult titles coming from Synapse's Impulse sublabel in February:

Same Time Every Year:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

Serena: An Adult Fairytale:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #219
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The true state of NOTLD is that it's Public Domain. Anyone can own it (ANYone).

I wonder though if the annoucement will be the 3 secret titles that Don announced long ago. That said, my choices are Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles (with Bad Taste, seeing is how this year marks the 25th anniversary of the film, Peter Jackson's filmmaking career and his newest film The Hobbit, a new release is definitely in order).
Synapse wouldn't release NotLD without the involvement of Image Ten who produced it and still have the original negative. Don's had a lot of involvement with Image Ten on the Elite release and the Weinstein release. I'm sure he's been working towards that goal of getting it under the Synapse banner.

I'd forgotten about those "three titles" which I was shocked to learn WASN'T Vampire Circus, Twins of Evil or Hands of the Ripper once announced. "What could possibly be bigger than that?" I wonder if that fell through. I don't think it's anything else Hammer on his mind as the big titles like Dracula and Frankenstein are out of the question.

Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles has been in the back of my mind as well. They're not as "huge" but to actually work with Peter Jackson would be huge so I could see him being as excited about that as anything else.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #220
spawningblue
Deadite

So Synapse still hasn't announced the three titles?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #221
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Some more Nikkatsu pink films coming in March from their Impulse sublabel, including one on blu! I haven't seen FAIRY IN A CAGE, but it's widely regarded as one of the best pinku eigas around.

Fairy in a Cage:
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00AY60AZA
Blu: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00AY60AT6

Female Teacher: In Front of the Students:
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00AY6PK5A
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #222
fceurich39
HackMaster

i wonder if they have the rights to dawn of the dead now since they got demons 1 and 2
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #223
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
i wonder if they have the rights to dawn of the dead now since they got demons 1 and 2
I hope so. I picked up a blu-ray of Dawn from Austria which contains the Argento cut. It's inferior to the Arrow and Starz bd's in picture quality. I would love it if Synapse or Shout! acquired the rights and releases all three versions.

Last edited by buck135; 01-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #224
Mikey Horror
Maniac

I wish Synapse or Shout! would wrangle the Halloween rights from Anchor Bay.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #225
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I hope so. I picked up a blu-ray of Dawn from Austria which contains the Argento cut. It's inferior to the Arrow and Starz bd's in picture quality. I would love it if Synapse or Shout! acquired the rights and releases all three versions.
I may have a hunch that Synapse may have gotten Dawn because:

A.) It's not on Anchor Bay's site anymore hence they lost the rights.

B.) Synapse just released The Definitive Document Of The Dead. A possible clue no less.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote