Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
fceurich39
HackMaster

Did Lucio Fulci's Zombie release hurt Blue-underground money wise?

I am just thinking they spent alot of money if Zombie's blu-ray remaster/restoration and limited theatrical release is why 2012 was a poor year for Blue Underground. I was expecting some more big releases in sept/oct but all we got like we got most of 2012 from them was triple feature dvds and the single disc rereleases of Zombie and Maniac which oddly enough were Blue-Underground's 2011 and 2010 big fall titles!!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Blue Underground has been relatively quiet of late. There are still some old titles that could use the Blu-ray treatment.

I kinda doubt Zombie hurt them financially though, I would rather think it would have helped them out if nothing else.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
X-human
I ate my keys

Yeah I was about to mention the Blu-ray.com email. Retailers are not interested in selling 2-disc special editions of movies like Zombie 2. They want cheap fodder so BU revamped everything for that this year. Either way I hope they sold enough to make it all worth while. I'd be bad if Zombie can't even break even in this market.

Bill Lustig always claims to have this huge tidal wave of titles about to burst through and blow our minds but it's always the same shit different pile kinda stuff. Since the transfers on almost everything they release is also questionable at this point I almost want them to throw in the towel. Blue Underground has not crossed over to HD very well at all.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Erick H.
HackMaster

In case anyone cares ZOMBIE and MANIAC will be screened at the Carolina Cinema in Durham,N.C. later in the year,dates are up on their website.Both will be in 35mm.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

And...

This is why I still don't do Blu-Ray. (However, I would have re-purchased Deep Red had they done some new extras on it. A-nother 2-disc of Zombie... Why? It's a superficial film anyway, so a strong transfer is good enough as a stand-alone feature. So, I'm plenty happy with my old 2004 disc. However, Deep Red's Region 1's are pretty naked. A 10-minute "25th Anniversary Featurette"? Halloween 4 was treated better than that.)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote