Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #301
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancetx View Post
Thanks, Chikan. Amazon backordered me with no estimate for delivery. Hope DVDEmpire can actually deliver.

UPDATE: Wow! Just got an e-mail from DVDEmpire saying my order shipped just 45 minutes after placing it! Bought this and "Humanoids From The Deep" and with the discount and free shipping paid just $32.15 total! Awesome! Thanks again!

Yeah wow, I placed my order last night and it shipped this morning. Must have ordered it just in time, because DVD Empire is now out of stock as well.

~Matt
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #302
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

My amazon account must be cursed. Everything I've pre-ordered is delayed. Richard Laymon's Funland, Rock & Rule, Madman.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #303
knewby
Victim

I'd like to know how Amazon handled the preorders. I preordered the DAY it was put up for preorder way back in July. My order was not shipped. Do they ship in order received, or someother method. Either way Amazon sucks....
knewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #304
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Weird guys…I ordered two Madman DVDs from Amazon…one on the day the pre-order was announced and one about a month ago….and both DVDs arrived yesterday.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #305
rhett

Just watched the doc...if anyone climbs into the tree and steals the chain that holds part of the rope used to hang Madman Marz I'll kill you myself! Such a cool artifact from the movie, and considering the cabins are all long gone, the last remaining thing for Madman fans to visit on a pilgrimage to the East Coast.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #306
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Chalk me up as another dissatisfied consumer who is done with Amazon. Not only do the decide to wait until the release date of Madman to tell most of those who pre-ordered it that it was not it stock, but awhile back I ordered Hell Night from them, which I knew was out of print but Amazon's site advertised them as having it new in stock so I ordered it and was sent a DVD- R copy. Can't complain too much though. Walked into my local TLA video on Tuesday and as luck would have it the actually had a new copy of the Madman DVD in stock, but I'm done ordering from Amazon. They're just becoming more and more unreliable.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #307
The Tall Man
Stalker

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on July 29 2010 (Order# ............). Some of the items in your order have experienced delays.

Yep, pre-ordered Madman 2 months ago and get this message today. They did however send me Night Of The Scarecrow at half cost shipping.

Amazon are generally very good, over the years i've never had an issue with them. I've even had 2 lots of deliveries go missing, and they've replaced them. Also had one damaged item which they replaced, and because I live in Australia they didn't expect me to send it back.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this is beyond their control and maybe an issue with code red's distributor.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #308
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Chalk me up as another dissatisfied consumer who is done with Amazon. Not only do the decide to wait until the release date of Madman to tell most of those who pre-ordered it that it was not it stock, but awhile back I ordered Hell Night from them, which I knew was out of print but Amazon's site advertised them as having it new in stock so I ordered it and was sent a DVD- R copy. Can't complain too much though. Walked into my local TLA video on Tuesday and as luck would have it the actually had a new copy of the Madman DVD in stock, but I'm done ordering from Amazon. They're just becoming more and more unreliable.
Speaking of Hell Night, the new dvd listed on Amazon always said it was a DVD-R. They even mentioned it on this forum.
________
Outdoor Orgy

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:26 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 AM   #309
Bluenoser
Stalker

I ordered from amazon.com on July 1. It shipped on Monday. That said, Dark Night of the Scarecrow from amazon.ca has been delayed. I learned my lesson after a few times to never order Code Red titles from amazon.ca.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #310
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Speaking of Hell Night, the new dvd listed on Amazon always said it was a DVD-R. They even mentioned it on this forum.
Yeah, I saw that after the fact. They didn't exactly go out of their way to make that fact visible.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #311
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
Mutilated Prey,don't you remember Detective Bombay?! You claim to be a fan,yet you don't remember the most important character-T.P Bombay!

Its not every day old Hollywood gets to romance Lady Gaga look-alike Gaylen Ross in a wood-paneled hot tub.

Damned evil Madman monster,he's back for more...
Heh Heh - What the!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 AM   #312
Katatonia
Master of Doom

And Code Red wonders why their titles don't sell well? Their distribution sucks, that's a big reason why.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #313
Ptflea2
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post

Yeah, a few of the Anchor Bay titles that were out of print showed up about a year or so ago as DVD-R's. Amazon does say the are DVD-R in the listing, but it can go unnoticed if you're not paying attention cause they don't really do all that great of a job advertising that it's not an "authentic" DVD.

Last edited by Ptflea2; 09-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #314
Dobby
HackMaster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
And Code Red wonders why their titles don't sell well? Their distribution sucks, that's a big reason why.

Same could be said for image ent, code red, anchor bay stars, etc. etc. I don't think it's a distribution problem only. I simply think allot retailers only order so many copies. Especially retarded ass Amazon they know they have 100+ pre-orders. Day of release they only ordered 40 copies go figure Kat. I agree wholeheartedly Amazon sucks sucks sucks cock!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #315
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Does anyone know if Amazon is supposed to get more Madman DVDs in stock?

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote