Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #181
dickieduvet
Maniac

Worth the price of the disc alone for the extras if you ask me, I'll be buying.
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #182
fceurich39
HackMaster

I too cant believe some of u guys on here. CODEREDDVD has been kind enough to post here and some of the users here make insults that is totally unacceptable. the man has been working very hard to put out obsure titles and the company keeps on losing money yet they still keep churning out titles for us fans it seems like almost every title there is a vast argument no menus for PRIMAL RAGE OR DEAD ARE ALIVE, the long delay of Nightmare which we are still hopefully finally getting sans the director's interview of course.I have been very happy with all their titles like the recently released HORROR HIGH to anyone who has Madman anchor bay version like myself quit bitching. The special features are awesome a 91 minute doc for gods sake plus other goodies the artwork is awesome and even the disc artwork is awesome as well so what that the picture isnt perfect the movie itself was never meant to be crystal clear and print damage isnt fixed probably could never be. so in the end sorry Bill Norton for some disrespectful members to want every thing to be perfect.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:06 AM   #183
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
again, this is what they gave me. don't like it, don't buy it.

a drunk driver killed my best friend once at 1-5 freeway. Comparing me with a freackin' bartender who gave a drunk one too many drink or drunken idiot (who died also) is sick. when does a dvd kill someone??? you know the problem now, don't buy it.

thanks for bring up some memories of my buddy.
You got to relax I said I'm buying it and as paying customer it gives me the right to make comments about a product. And the bartender comment was a comparison to show how I fell about the situation. I never said people were killed.....relax brother it's just a movie.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #184
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
CODEREDDVD has been kind enough to post here and some of the users here make insults that is totally unacceptable.
I think this is turning into a war.
I?ll stop posting now. I think the above was not about me because I read all my posts and never insulted nothing or anyone.
________
Avandia heart attack

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:19 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #185
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
...relax brother it's just a movie.
Exactly. So why don't you go and take your own advice?

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #186
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
. The only deadline they may have is the date of the end of the contract.
If a dvd company puts a movie out a film one day before the contract expires, they can't sell the film anymore. a dvd company needs a good 3 years to sell a film.

Rhett, please close this thread. No one should be fighting over a movie. We are all friend here, and it's only a movie. springjack is kind enough to subtitle the Romano's interview and he is free to his opinions. This is America! It's getting ugly here and we all should enjoy SATURDAY NIGHT!.

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 09-12-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:16 AM   #187
Matt89
HackMaster

Hey Bill, while you're here, is there any word on the release of Night Warning? That's prob the one horror film I'm anticipating the most.

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 AM   #188
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
I wish I never put out the dvd. I really didn't agree with all the terms, but THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FILM TO COME OUT!
Trust me, Bill, we're glad you re-release the film. How many companies (beside Blue Underground) can aquire titles from Anchor Bay?

Quote:
BTW, according to the producer this master was recently used by Anchor Bay U.K. No one in UK complained, no one in Monsters HD to Independent Channel complained.
Then we probably shouldn't compain about the transfer now. It is what it is.

Quote:
...for I am ending the company in summer 2011.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You can;t go out of buisness. What are you going to do? What about the many titles we can expect from you? I was hoping this wouldn;t happen but it did! You have to do something; merge with another company, anything! We don't wanna lose you!
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:20 AM   #189
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Exactly. So why don't you go and take your own advice?

~Matt
Man come on I was just talking about the quality of the release and what may have happened. How did it get to this I don't know. I never even tried to convice others about the release as i don't have it yet.
What is the purpose of these forums if to not have open talks about these things.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #190
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
Man come on I was just talking about the quality of the release and what may have happened. How did it get to this I don't know. I never even tried to convice others about the release as i don't have it yet.
What is the purpose of these forums if to not have open talks about these things.
To be honest man, the comment you made to Bill was pretty cold-hearted.

But like I said before, I'm disappointed too, but hey if this is the only way we'll see the movie re-released in 16x9 widescreen, then we're just gonna have to take it the way it is. Beggars can't be choosers. People need to stop jumping down the guy's neck. He's done a lot for us horror fans and people were so quick to completely turn against the guy. From the sounds of it, he's just as upset as we are. I can understand where Bill's coming from. Considering the producer of the film authorized this disc, you'd think you'd be able to trust some people. Apparently not. We now just have to accept it as it is. Besides, it's not THAT bad.

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 03:30 AM   #191
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
To be honest man, the comment you made to Bill was pretty cold-hearted.

But like I said before, I'm disappointed too, but hey if this is the only way we'll see the movie re-released in 16x9 widescreen, then we're just gonna have to take it the way it is. Beggars can't be choosers. People need to stop jumping down the guy's neck. He's done a lot for us horror fans and people were so quick to completely turn against the guy. From the sounds of it, he's just as upset as we are. I can understand where Bill's coming from. Considering the producer of the film authorized this disc, you'd think you'd be able to trust some people. Apparently not. We now just have to accept it as it is. Besides, it's not THAT bad.

~Matt
I'm still rockin my preorder on amazon.com. I would like to get it on .ca but those are the breaks. Didn't mean to be cold in my comments but it's how I feal about the situation and no harm was intended. I would hate for CR to go out on business, but if they do it wont be my fault as they already have most of my money.

Last edited by Fall Break; 09-12-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #192
bigwes15
Maniac

Although I can appreciate the disappointment in the screenshots shown (I am a HUGE Madman fan and agree that the blue hue is essential to the atmosphere for this classic), I am also a big Code Red supporter and will definitely pick this up for the extras alone. Code Red has put out some outstanding DVD's and is basically the only company I will blind buy anything from anymore. I hope that Bill reconsiders his apparent decision to end the company next year, as I and I know others here love Code Red and will continue to support them!
bigwes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #193
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwes15 View Post
Although I can appreciate the disappointment in the screenshots shown (I am a HUGE Madman fan and agree that the blue hue is essential to the atmosphere for this classic), I am also a big Code Red supporter and will definitely pick this up for the extras alone. Code Red has put out some outstanding DVD's and is basically the only company I will blind buy anything from anymore. I hope that Bill reconsiders his apparent decision to end the company next year, as I and I know others here love Code Red and will continue to support them!
his decision to end the company i am thinking is a financial one as he has said countless times code red keeps losing money on titles
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #194
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I can tell you guys that the documentary itself was edited/filmed/created by fans all entirely for their love of the film. Nobody was paid anything for taking part in the documentary.

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #195
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Rhett, please close this thread. No one should be fighting over a movie. We are all friend here, and it's only a movie. springjack is kind enough to subtitle the Romano's interview and he is free to his opinions. This is America! It's getting ugly here and we all should enjoy SATURDAY NIGHT!.
What he said - Larry Flint is right. Enough already.

Quote:
There is no "lesson" for me about "future contract", for I am ending the company in summer 2011.
Oh no you don't. Where you think yer goin' so fast. We gots work to do, so get comfortable bub