Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #166
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Don't be mad at Code Red, the producer was responsible for this transfer (if I'm right). This is almost exactly what happen to Gladiator and Paramount offered replacement discs. So, all Code Red has to do is make replacement discs with a new and better transfer.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #167
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Don't be mad at Code Red, the producer was responsible for this transfer (if I'm right). This is almost exactly what happen to Gladiator and Paramount offered replacement discs. So, all Code Red has to do is make replacement discs with a new and better transfer.
First of all it is CRs fault no disc hits the street without their ok. Bill siad he didn't have time to compair releases. Also unless CR is BSing about low sales they will never do a FREE replacement program. I don't think this will ever be fixed untill another company gets it.

It's like blaiming the bartender for letting me get drunk and when i drive home I crashed my car. He gave me the booze I drove the car whos fault is it?

Last edited by Fall Break; 09-12-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #168
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
I was hoping this would turn out like the restorations Shout in doing with the corman library.

At least Arrow Video doesn?t release their movies based on deadlines.
See the example for Tenebrae, who was to be released this Fall. They said that the restoration was not up to their standarts so they ordered another work on the film and pushed the date back to 2011.
Another example is their Martin dvd who was pushed back a week because the encoding was wrong, still some defective copies were released but they have a free replacement program without you even having to send them the wrong disc.
________
New Mexico Medical Marijuana

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:17 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 AM   #169
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
I was hoping this would turn out like the restorations Shout in doing with the corman library.

At least Arrow Video doesnīt release their movies based on deadlines.
See the example for Tenebrae, who was to be released this Fall. They said that the restoration was not up to their standarts so they ordered another work on the film and pushed the date back to 2011.
Another example is their Martin dvd who was pushed back a week because the encoding was wrong, still some defective copies were released but they have a free replacement program without you even having to send them the wrong disc.

We all have deadline. Rights expires soon as you think and even studios have deadlines. I have been in the home video industry since 1988, trust me. when the rights owner wants it out one month before halloween, and he put it in the contract, it has to out asap. This why I let him Captain of the ship on this release since I am only a distributor.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 AM   #170
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
We all have deadline. Rights expires soon as you think and even studios have deadlines. I have been in the home video industry since 1988, trust me. when the rights owner wants it out one month before halloween, and he put it in the contract, it has to out asap. This why I let him Captain of the ship on this release since I am only a distributor.
When contracts are signed that means both parties agree with the terms.
This may be a lesson for future contract because as you can see the end product is not what the fans wanted. And as a distributor Code Red may get hurt by all this given the comments about low returns.

I think it would be good both for the fans and for Code Red?s image for the responsable for this mess to post some kind of explanation.
I just imagine the opinion of the fans that enter in the documentary when they see the finished product.
________
UPSKIRT PUBLIC

Old 09-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #171
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
We all have deadline.
Like I say in my previous post that?s not the case with all the companies.
________
Gay Spanking

Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #172
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
This may be a lesson for future contract because as you can see the end product is not what the fans wanted. And as a distributor Code Red may get hurt by all this given the comments about low returns.

I think it would be good both for the fans and for Code Redīs image for the responsable for this mess to post some kind of explanation.
I just imagine the opinion of the fans that enter in the documentary when they see the finished product.
Alright how many times have you mentioned it? We're all disappointed (even Bill) so stop being such a fucking douche. Who are you to tell him? Jesus.

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #173
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
First of all it is CRs fault no disc hits the street without their ok. Bill siad he didn't have time to compair releases. Also unless CR is BSing about low sales they will never do a FREE replacement program. I don't think this will ever be fixed untill another company gets it.

It's like blaiming the bartender for letting me get drunk and when i drive home I crashed my car. He gave me the booze I drove the car whos fault is it?
again, this is what they gave me. don't like it, don't buy it.

a drunk driver killed my best friend once at 1-5 freeway. Comparing me with a freackin' bartender who gave a drunk one too many drink or drunken idiot (who died also) is sick. when does a dvd kill someone??? you know the problem now, don't buy it.

thanks for bring up some memories of my buddy.

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 09-12-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #174
CodeRedDVd

Quote:

I think it would be good both for the fans and for Code Redīs image for the responsable for this mess to post some kind of explanation.
I should let you ALL talk to the MADMAN producer to make him feel misrable. Here's a man who turned down Synapse, Anchor Bay and others. It was his way, or no deal. I wish I never put out the dvd. I really didn't agree with all the terms, but THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FILM TO COME OUT!

BTW, according to the producer this master was recently used by Anchor Bay U.K. No one in UK complained, no one in Monsters HD to Independent Channel complained.
as for "future contract", I have been in the entertainment field for many many years. Contract stated it has to be out one month before Halloween, it has to be out by that time. There is no "lesson" for me about "future contract", for I am ending the company in summer 2011.

be glad it's out, because it'll be gone soon!

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 09-12-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #175
Matt89
HackMaster

Yeah wow, you guys are being total assholes. Alright, one DVD slipped past the radar, but Code Red has done an excellent job with the titles they've released to date. Can't you be happy with that? Stop being such fucking pricks and get over it! I actually can't believe some of the shit that's said on this board sometimes.

I'm disappointed about this too, but can't we at least give Bill some credit for the work he's done? I'll still buy the disc. It's certainly not unwatchable. So he made a bad judgment. Give the guy a break.

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #176
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Alright how many times have you mentioned it? We're all disappointed (even Bill) so stop being such a fucking douche. Who are you to tell him? Jesus.
Jesus to you too!

Who?s beying a douche? I?m just responding to him, I?m not out of line here just by saying what I think.

Just read all the posts from page 8 and you?ll realise that only 2 times i?ve mention it and they were all answers to to different posts by Bill.

And if you read correctly I?m talking on the behalf on the consumers and fans.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

From what I?ve said before I never offended anyone.
So who are you to come here and offend me? You don?t even know me.

If there?s someone who doesn?t want me to talk about some kind of product that?s ok with me, I?ll stop posting.
________
OXYGEN VAPORIZER

Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #177
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I should let you ALL talk to the MADMAN producer to make him feel misrable. Here's a man who turned down Synapse, Anchor Bay and others. It was his way, or no deal. I wish I never put out the dvd. I really didn't agree with all the terms, but THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FILM TO COME OUT!

as for "future contract", I have been in the entertainment field for many many years. Contract said out one month before Halloween, it has be out by that time. There is no "lesson" for me about "future contract", for I am ending the company in summer 2011.
And again, you totally didn?t understood what I was saying...

Who says giving an explanation for something is making him misarable? Not me.
If the movie turned out like this it was a producer?s choice.
All I said was for him to post something to give us, the fans, some explanation to the changes.

As for the "future contract" part, like I said, it meant as in the future so you cannot compare it to the present or the past. When you say there is no lesson for you that?s wrong because everyday we are learning something, even with the smallest things. I too am in the business, since about 1991, and have been a movie producer until 1999 when I turn myself to the home market, producing dvds and blu-rays. I?ve worked with and for all kinds of companies.
________
Extreme Vaporizer

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #178
Matt89
HackMaster

You've been reiterating the same points to Bill, and the way you're saying things, you're making it out to seem that he's some kind of idiot. I think we all get what you're saying, you don't have to keep saying it over and over.

Oh and for the record, every company DOES have deadlines. LIFE is full of deadlines. Lots of releases get rushed to meet release dates.

~Matt
Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #179
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
BTW, according to the producer this master was recently used by Anchor Bay U.K. No one in UK complained, no one in Monsters HD to Independent Channel complained.
According to Anchor Bay, their UK version is out of print for many years and is the same as their American counterpart.
The master can be the same, the filters are not.
________
Ford Dld Engine Picture

Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #180
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
You've been reiterating the same points to Bill, and the way you're saying things, you're making it out to seem that he's some kind of idiot. I think we all get what you're saying, you don't have to keep saying it over and over.
Like I said, I only respond something to Bill whenever he posts something.
I don?t know him and I?m old enough to see that I didn?t disrespected in any way.

Quote:
Oh and for the record, every company DOES have deadlines. LIFE is full of deadlines. Lots of releases get rushed to meet release dates.
Like I said, Arrow doesn?t have deadlines until the finished product is up to their standarts. They keep pushing their releases 1,2,3 weeks and sometimes that?s only for the packaging.

Like I said, Tenebrae was going to be released this summer but the job was not to their standarts, so they pushed the movie to the first quarter of 2011. The only deadline they may have is the date of the end of the contract.
________
Ford ltd (australia)