Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 AM   #136
springjack
Maniac

Ok...

I took some new screens at a new resolution.

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

ANCHOR BAY

CODE RED

Well, even at a smaller size, Code Red edition is way behind Anchor Bay.
Keep in mind that when you see the picture on your TV/monitor, the size of the picture will be much larger than the one presented here, kinda like the pictures on my previous post.
________
Granny plum

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 11:14 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 AM   #137
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

There's also a lot of detail lost in CodeRed's transfer. The last screen caps of madman holding up that guy look terrible in the CodeRed transfer. You can just make out madman's face in the Anchor Bay shot, but the other is a blurry mess. The missing blue also makes it look like day time in a lot of the scenes.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #138
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
There's also a lot of detail lost in CodeRed's transfer. The last screen caps of madman holding up that guy look terrible in the CodeRed transfer. You can just make out madman's face in the Anchor Bay shot, but the other is a blurry mess. The missing blue also makes it look like day time in a lot of the scenes.
Yeah... The blue hue is essential to this movie.
After all, we?re in a forest were the only light is provided by the moon.

On the Code Red dvd it seems like the light is provided by a forest fire.
________
Iolite vaporizer review

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 11:14 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #139
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Yeah... The blue hue is essential to this movie.
After all, weīre in a forest were the only light is provided by the moon.

On the Code Red dvd it seems like the light is provided by a forest fire.
A forest fire that constantly follows the character around.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #140
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Even though I'm not a huge fan of this film I'm glad I held on to my AB disc.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #141
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

What a Mickey Mouse job.

I think i'll just wait for the AB DVD to come down in price used.

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #142
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post

Again, we did not do the transfer, this was a HD master MonstersHD did for the producer for their cable airing as well for streaming.

BTW, seems like some posts, including my previous explanations, has been deleted. Interesting....
Old 09-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #143
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
Again, we did not do the transfer, this was a HD master MonstersHD did for the producer for their cable airing as well for streaming.

BTW, seems like some posts, including my previous explanations, has been deleted. Interesting....
I had a look and your previous explanation seems to still be there. Is there any chance of a transfer fix or is it staying like this? For a HD transfer I'm rather shocked to see less detail than the Anchor Bay print.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #144
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Quote:
Don't you check your product for quality before sending it out to be sold?

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #145
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
Don't you check your product for quality before sending it out to be sold?
Since the producer had full control of this DVD, he approved the master, and told me MonstersHD did the work, as they are known to do great work, and many here have said it looked great on IFC and MonstersHD, also I checked the finished disc, and as I said in a previous post that got deleted, did not have the AB disc to compare it.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #146
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

I don't wanna come off as the complaining fanboy but I do prefer the blue hues from my AB disc, which also appears to have a much sharper image/presentation when comparing the screen caps.
Since I don't really care much about extras chances are slim that I will buy this new release. Sorry Bill.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #147
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Since the producer had full control of this DVD, he approved the master, and told me MonstersHD did the work, as they are known to do great work, and many here have said it looked great on IFC and MonstersHD, also I checked the finished disc, and as I said in a previous post that got deleted, did not have the AB disc to compare it.
That post is still there.

Since I've never seen this movie and I don't have the AB disc I might pick this up anyway. Might have to adjust the color scheme on my TV to be more blue though.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #148
Stige
HackMaster

I'll keep my anchorbay then , buy the new release for the etra features and check the picture on a dvd player and regular TV , maybe it will look bettter
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #149
Fall Break
Stalker

I'm very disappointed will what Iím seeing here. I donít really care if the picture is a little softer but the scenes inside look WAY to warm. Now the outside scenes donít seem too bad, but I really have to believe that the blue moon color filter used on the AB disc is the way itís meant to be seen and by removing it some of the charm of the movie may be lost.
I have the AB disc and I still may get the CR disc for the extras and who knows I may enjoy the transfer after all but I will be keeping the AB disc.
Bill I know you say DVD sales are a hard market to be in these days but dropping the ball like this is not going to help you at all. Like I said I will still buy your movies but I will need to watch them first to see if worth buying. I know you say horror fans are too hard to please and I have never had an issue with your transfers before but this is the first movie that I know of that you have released that was already on DVD and to see the difference makes me now wonder what another company could have done with these transfers and if past code red release could have been better?
But here is the lesson I learned today. I ALWAYS blind buy CR DVDs and to see this version get passed along to the customer without much quality control I can say for an absolute fact I will never blind buy again from CR.

You still have a sale from me but it may be the last, itís really up to you bill.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #150
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Well, even at a smaller size, Code Red edition is way behind Anchor Bay.
Keep in mind that when you see the picture on your TV/monitor, the size of the picture will be much larger than the one presented here, kinda like the pictures on my previous post.
Can you tell me if the print was cleaned up? Many times there were scratches on the print that showed up time to time for quite a while usually right on people faces.
If they are gone I guess that could be looked at as a plus.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote