Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #166
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
....and this is why CodeRedDVD never posts here anymore
Thanks Dave! Well, I haven't been here in a while, but I see things haven't really changed much. The amount of unbridled anger around here continues to baffle me. I haven't been avoiding the site because of this, but it really doesn't make me want to visit often, that's for sure.

Anyway, just to clarify to some here - it is not just translating the interview from Italian to English - that is fairly easy. The main issue is that every line of the translation needs to be timed to when Scavolini is talking so that it can be matched to when he's speaking. It's not as easy as using a dialog list for a feature film where you have various characters conversing and it's easy to put the subtitles where/when they belong. This Scavolini interview is basically a 95-minute one man talking feature-length film and requires much more than a translator just writing down what he's saying on a piece of paper. A professional subtitle-house is the only option and that will cost us well over $3,000 for a title that will never recoup what we've already put out. This is simple business truth. We are not a charity, although we would love to be rich and release everything perfectly. I doubt anyone wants to donate $3,500 to get that interview done. I don't have $3,500 either, unfortunately. Sorry. DVD sales are in the pits, and throwing more cash at a title that will not break even (trust me, it won't) is simply no longer in the cards.

Anyway, it seems the majority of fans out there really just want the film, though, so we have finally decided to release NIGHTMARE within the next six months with the extras we have completed and leave it at that. Hopefully, fans will appreciate what is there instead of what isn't. But the film will be there, and that's the most important thing. Check our blog for the official announcement soon, and the streetdate once it's announced. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:23 AM   #167
Matt89
HackMaster

You guys still releasing Madman?? I'm so excited for that one.

~Matt
Old 07-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #168
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post

~Matt
Yep, they are. You can even now pre-order it at Amazon.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 AM   #169
Nailwraps
HackMaster

CodeReddvd, let me say that I think what you've done is the best and I would never say a nasty word to you. The work you put for Nightmare might as well be one of your biggest achievements yet. When we see the final product soon, we'll know what hard work you did, you did because you care. We've heard the transfer is/was taken from 6 sources (even though a 35mm was shown recently) but good transfer or not, you did the best and that's fine with me. I appreciate what you've done and hope you'll continue to bring us great entertainment for years to come.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #170
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
CodeReddvd, let me say that I think what you've done is the best and I would never say a nasty word to you. The work you put for Nightmare might as well be one of your biggest achievements yet. When we see the final product soon, we'll know what hard work you did, you did because you care. We've heard the transfer is/was taken from 6 sources (even though a 35mm was shown recently) but good transfer or not, you did the best and that's fine with me. I appreciate what you've done and hope you'll continue to bring us great entertainment for years to come.
well said and thank you CODE RED
fceurich39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #171
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Quote:

~Matt
ME TOO! I wuv that one

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #172
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Sweet! Thanks.

~Matt
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #173
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
Anyway, it seems the majority of fans out there really just want the film, though, so we have finally decided to release NIGHTMARE within the next six months with the extras we have completed and leave it at that. Hopefully, fans will appreciate what is there instead of what isn't. But the film will be there, and that's the most important thing..
sounds fantastic! im in, and hell, i've never even seen Nightmare!
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:06 AM   #174
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Quote:
Sweet! Thanks.
Its not on amazon.ca though, or at least i can't find it. did you preorder it from amazon.com, matt? im concerned, because its going to be a limited release, right? or has that changed? i don't imagine it'll disappear over night, but still, id like to know for sure im getting a copy...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #175
Bluenoser
Stalker

Quote:
Its not on amazon.ca though, or at least i can't find it. did you preorder it from amazon.com, matt? im concerned, because its going to be a limited release, right? or has that changed? i don't imagine it'll disappear over night, but still, id like to know for sure im getting a copy...
I'm glad you mentioned it was limited (CR's blog says it is anyway)... I had forgotten. I opted to order it from amazon.com and I'll cancel if it becomes available on amazon.ca.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #176
indrid13
Stalker

I love all the Code Red DVDs I've picked up thus far. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to Madman and Nightmare. Any word on Rituals?

My Blog
My DVDs
indrid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #177
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Yeah I pre-ordered it, and I plan to do exactly what Bluenoser's gonna do if it becomes available on amazon.ca.

~Matt
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #178
Bluenoser
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Well said! There's so many more of us who appreciate the work than don't. With most of these titles, it's not like they'd be getting the first class treatment from some other company. I'll be happy to have them when Code Red is able to release them.

Quote:
Yeah I pre-ordered it, and I plan to do exactly what Bluenoser's gonna do if it becomes available on amazon.ca.

~Matt
I do it with so many titles. Amazon.ca is always slow to get everything up for pre-order, but I need to be sure I have one claimed.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #179
Touch The Sun

i love this movie!! saw it when i was i think 15, loved it. i own the dvd
Old 07-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #180
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
The main issue is that every line of the translation needs to be timed to when Scavolini is talking so that it can be matched to when he's speaking. It's not as easy as using a dialog list for a feature film where you have various characters conversing and it's easy to put the subtitles where/when they belong. This Scavolini interview is basically a 95-minute one man talking feature-length film and requires much more than a translator just writing down what he's saying on a piece of paper. A professional subtitle-house is the only option and that will cost us well over $3,000 for a title that will never recoup what we've already put out. This is simple business truth. We are not a charity, although we would love to be rich and release everything perfectly. I doubt anyone wants to donate $3,500 to get that interview done. I don't have $3,500 either, unfortunately. Sorry. DVD sales are in the pits, and throwing more cash at a title that will not break even (trust me, it won't) is simply no longer in the cards.
C?mom... i usually do that as a hobby and it?s not hard at all.

I buy lots of dvds from foreign markets and my family only understands my native language, portuguese, so I translate the best of them and re-author the dvd to include them... it?s time consuming but not hard or difficult at all.

For a normal movie it takes me 2 hours a day for about a week to translate, organize the lines of text and put them as a time frame.

If you want, just separate the full audio track from the video and encode as an mp3 and I will gladly translate and arrange the time frame for them....

My price??? a copy of Nightmare when you released it.
Cheaper than 3000 bucks.
________
TWIN CITIES ASSEMBLY PLANT

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:48 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote