Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #76
delicreep
Stalker

Amazon has dicked around long enough with my order of The Strangeness. I'm going out hunting for a copy today so that I can cancel my order with them. Hopefully, they won't make things so difficult when Messiah of Evil is released (though they've already pushed back the delivery date for the one, too).
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #77
KGBRadioMoskow
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_angelus View Post
Tower.com actually claims to have stock...and at a really good price 13.99!
Take Tower's claims with a few grains of salt.

Every order I've ever made through Tower (granted for CDs, not DVDs) has been for items that were either in stock or less than 5 business days to restock. Every such order has taken *at least* 6 weeks to ship, and even then only seemed to ship after I had to send an email inquiry (the post marks on the shipments were always "coincidentally" just after my email date).

The website - and even their emails - will list items on your order as having been "shipped", but what they really mean is the items were shipped *to their warehouse*.

I've always eventually got the items I've ordered (including rarer items, the only reason I ever resort to them anymore). But the excessive and woefully underestimated wait, ship status double talk, and repeated need for customer prodding makes the worth of using them questionable.

I truly miss Tower Records retail stores, but tower.com I can take or leave.
KGBRadioMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #78
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I have no control if my distributor isnt sending these out to places in a timely manner, we delivered the goods on time, and I haven't a clue why they aren't giving them to amazon on time, as they seem to have given them to DVDEmpire and others on time. I'd love to have your money, we sure can use it.
I pre-ordered this back in July from amazon.ca as I do with all the code red movies but this has left a bad taste in my mouth. There is a guy that is selling bootlegs of this movie for 15 bucks at the fleemarket, makes me sick but at least he has it.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #79
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBRadioMoskow View Post
Take Tower's claims with a few grains of salt.

Every order I've ever made through Tower (granted for CDs, not DVDs) has been for items that were either in stock or less than 5 business days to restock. Every such order has taken *at least* 6 weeks to ship, and even then only seemed to ship after I had to send an email inquiry (the post marks on the shipments were always "coincidentally" just after my email date).

The website - and even their emails - will list items on your order as having been "shipped", but what they really mean is the items were shipped *to their warehouse*.

I've always eventually got the items I've ordered (including rarer items, the only reason I ever resort to them anymore). But the excessive and woefully underestimated wait, ship status double talk, and repeated need for customer prodding makes the worth of using them questionable.

I truly miss Tower Records retail stores, but tower.com I can take or leave.
I tried one order with Tower.com, after their retail stores folded and the online division was sold. I waited about 2 weeks for an "in stock" item to ship, and finally just cancelled it.

They were great back when the Tower retailer division still existed. I ordered quite a few times from their website with no problems at all. But from the reviews I've read about what they turned into after the acquisition...forget about it.

Last edited by Katatonia; 09-04-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: a typo
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #80
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Wow - whata a nice upgrade from my old VHS. It may be a bit grainy here and there and have some scratches, but it's so much brighter than the VHS which was muddy and really dark.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #81
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I tried one order with Tower.com, after their retail stores folded and the online division was sold. I waited about 2 week for an "in stock" item to ship, and finally just cancelled it.

They were great back when the Tower retailer division still existed. I ordered quite a few times from their website with no problems at all. But from the reviews I've read about what they turned into after the acquisition...forget about it.
Thanks for the advice about tower guys, I had never dealt with them before...and thought I would give it a shot but I guess I will wait until one of my usual sources has it back in stock.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #82
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicreep View Post
Amazon has dicked around long enough with my order of The Strangeness. I'm going out hunting for a copy today so that I can cancel my order with them. Hopefully, they won't make things so difficult when Messiah of Evil is released (though they've already pushed back the delivery date for the one, too).
We announced MESSIAH OF EVIL: THE SECOND COMING in Dec 2008, but the complaint was stacking up with people saying "it's been 2 years, where is it?". So after 7 month, we stopped finding more new extras and put together the dvd with the extras we already had. Then suddenly two more people wanted to be on the disc, so we had to stop and place them in, which explains the delay. Damon Packard had to work overtime to shove one interview in the featurette! This was the reason why we push the date back a month. I'm sure all of you will enjoy the final results.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #83
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
We announced MESSIAH OF EVIL: THE SECOND COMING in Dec 2008, but the complaint was stacking up with people saying "it's been 2 years, where is it?". So after 7 month, we stopped finding more new extras and put together the dvd with the extras we already had. Then suddenly two more people wanted to be on the disc, so we had to stop and place them in, which explains the delay. Damon Packard had to work overtime to shove one interview in the featurette! This was the reason why we push the date back a month. I'm sure all of you will enjoy the final results.
The fact that this is happening is still amazing to me. I never thought I would see this any way but the old crappy looking PD releases. I am sure it'll be worth the wait!
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #84
streetlight
Victim

I love Code Red. there is a chain store in SW Ontario, Cinema 1, which usually has their titles in stock. I'll pick up the Strangeness for sure, if its there, of course. I already have 3 VHS of it, since they were only $1 each. Also looking forward to Messian of Evil.

keep up the excellent work Bill
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #85
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

CodeRed - what's the latest on Scream? Is it outta yer hands now? What happened to all that potential Blu talk?
Old 09-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #86
Bluenoser
Stalker

I got an email from amazon.ca tonight saying The Strangeness should be in my mailbox by September 15th. Just checked the site and it's finally in stock!
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #87
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
I just thought Amazon was starting early with the same issues they've had with stocking The Strangeness; my complaint was with them. Glad to hear that that the delay was because you were still working on the DVD, and not because Amazon was going to fart around.

I have no problem waiting for a worthwhile release, which Messiah of Evil surely is!
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #88
Midnight Buddha
Stalker

I just ordered it from movietyme for 10.99 which isn`t bad.
Midnight Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #89
Fall Break
Stalker

Still waiting for my order from amazon.ca.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #90
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Amazon.com cancelled mine... After I had approved the delay in delivery.

But I'm glad that Code Red is finally getting around to some of those titles I really, REALLY want in November!

Last edited by Kim Bruun; 09-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code red, the strangeness